The Watch Thread - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaceheart

Banned
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
106,436
Reaction score
27,637
Was a Seiko Tuesday today. Lol.

url=https://ibb.co/ktrOnv]
IMG_0041.jpg
[/url]
Wah how old is this watch?
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Hi everyone, would like some advice regarding an upcoming purchase: got an offer of 2.2k for a pre-owned TAG Heuer Carrera CV2A11.FC6235 dated 2011. Should I get it or are there better options out there for similar price range?

Thanks

Brand new you can consider:
- Tissot Heritage 1948
- Hamilton Intra-Matic 68
- Sinn 144 GMT and able to showcase it's sexy backside

Pre owned you can consider:
- Omega SMP 3510.81.00 39mm

I will leave to our in-house TT01 to poison you gao gao with Omega SMP =p
paging TT01!!!!
 

DXMachina

Banned
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
6,259
Reaction score
0
hf37M9il.jpg

tttBfOml.jpg


Had the chance to try this at a booth. Thoughts? Was quoted 5100 tho
Sent from Kong Island using GAGT

IMO Get the black. Much more versatile, as the blue is quite bright and may not pair well with outfits. For that price, getting in enough wrist time and feeling shiok while wearing is impt, and I think the black will do a much better job than the blue. The blue looks more like a fun/vacation watch.

Just my 2 cents :)
 

Ga Li Kong

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
6
IMO Get the black. Much more versatile, as the blue is quite bright and may not pair well with outfits. For that price, getting in enough wrist time and feeling shiok while wearing is impt, and I think the black will do a much better job than the blue. The blue looks more like a fun/vacation watch.

Just my 2 cents :)
Yeah the blue does seem to be abit too bright, as the pelagos has a more understated design. I probably won't be get it now since I'm still a student but I'm hoping to get it in 3-5 years time once I started earning more.

Sent from Kong Island using GAGT
 

Askthylor

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Brand new you can consider:
- Tissot Heritage 1948
- Hamilton Intra-Matic 68
- Sinn 144 GMT and able to showcase it's sexy backside

Pre owned you can consider:
- Omega SMP 3510.81.00 39mm

I will leave to our in-house TT01 to poison you gao gao with Omega SMP =p
paging TT01!!!!

Actually I had an offer of 2.6k for an Omega Seamaster Professional 300M Chronograph Diver Titanium. But I took too long to reply and dam regret nao :(
 

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
32,164
Reaction score
762
Actually I had an offer of 2.6k for an Omega Seamaster Professional 300M Chronograph Diver Titanium. But I took too long to reply and dam regret nao :(

nice choice! since you set your sight on Omega... don't look at Tag Heuer liao

Maybe just be a little more patient. another Omega SMP might pop up again. You can try to contact Chuan, HJ, Goldman or Passion if they have any on-hand or anyone intending to sell this watch
 
Last edited:

Askthylor

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
nice choice! since you set your sight on Omega... don't look at Tag Heuer liao

Maybe just be a little more patient. another Omega SMP might pop up again. You can try to contact Chuan, HJ, Goldman or Passion if they have any on-hand or anyone intending to sell this watch

It was the asking price that really got to me, considering its a full set mint condition omega. Rest of sellers either had watch only or a higher selling price :s22:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top