The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Undecided on which one to wear today. These are the only watches I was on the waiting list. �

ptoTpjol.jpg


Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
This is why, girls don't get it on our watch choices.

I showed my partner my Rolex Exp II and Daytona (both Black dial), and the response is identical. :(

 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,628
Reaction score
691
Have meh...I only saw one sced035 at 800

Sent from 30% using GAGT
My bad, searched Carousell and found only the 800SGD one. But when I'd previously searched via 'Google', found a few at 550SGD and below, but these are older listings and prolly gone by now.
 

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
22,260
Reaction score
235
My bad, searched Carousell and found only the 800SGD one. But when I'd previously searched via 'Google', found a few at 550SGD and below, but these are older listings and prolly gone by now.
Think now price all at least double the original retails price fr few yrs ago...3k world wide...really should have get it when reissued

Sent from 30% using GAGT
 

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
22,260
Reaction score
235
Besides Uni...can recommend me where else to go for seiko strap links to be adjusted?

Sent from 30% using GAGT
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,628
Reaction score
691
Vintage Sunday watch.....yes, I lao liao.:o I also have rather small wrist, that's why I cannot consider watches more than 36mm width....
1b53stV.jpg
 

Longtimenoc

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2011
Messages
738
Reaction score
28
DSC00272 by octogramsg, on Flickr

The Ultraman is really nice. Meticulous attention to detail. It's too "precious" for me to wear outside and the missus won't tolerate any unworn watch lying about the house though. So...keep or flip?
 
Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Actually it requires some finesse in adjusting Seiko collar and pin bracelets. Especially those with the “side” collar.

I think most people should be able to handle la..

I mean, I myself am definitely not the best at such things also can handle.. So far only lost one collar when I first started out. :s13:

Anyways, my thinking was, definitely going to try a lot of watches.. Better to learn early, if not everytime have to mar fun go to shop if buy second hand, etc. Might also have to pay $.
 

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
6,503
Reaction score
10
I think most people should be able to handle la..

I mean, I myself am definitely not the best at such things also can handle.. So far only lost one collar when I first started out. :s13:

Anyways, my thinking was, definitely going to try a lot of watches.. Better to learn early, if not everytime have to mar fun go to shop if buy second hand, etc. Might also have to pay $.

My statement still stands as it’s not really that easy but I agree that we must try by ourselves. Not easy initially, but should get the hang of it after 1 or 2 tries. Go search some YouTube videos for guidance.

My first adjustment of Seiko turtle bracelet took as much time as a turtle running a 100 m. I’ve never lose any parts yet (cross fingers).

Hands on for adjustment of bracelet and changing of straps / bracelets should be a part of watch collection. This will open up a whole new world of changing different straps to suit different moods and occasions.

Modifying watches however will be another level (not for me).
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
My statement still stands as it’s not really that easy but I agree that we must try by ourselves. Not easy initially, but should get the hang of it after 1 or 2 tries. Go search some YouTube videos for guidance.

My first adjustment of Seiko turtle bracelet took as much time as a turtle running a 100 m. I’ve never lose any parts yet (cross fingers).

Hands on for adjustment of bracelet and changing of straps / bracelets should be a part of watch collection. This will open up a whole new world of changing different straps to suit different moods and occasions.

Modifying watches however will be another level (not for me).

I think modifying watches got less room for error haha..

I got no patience. :s13:

The best part is Seiko got different variations of pin and collar.. Some is drop in the collar one side, some is need to push in both sides.. The push in both sides one is the worst.
 
Last edited:

Akai Ryu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
22,260
Reaction score
235
Just get the tools yourself and learn la.

Not that hard actually.
Yes that will be last resort coz the YT vid I saw really complicated things more for me..the sedc035 got some ball bearings at link...
Actually it requires some finesse in adjusting Seiko collar and pin bracelets. Especially those with the “side” collar.
Any place besides Ubi I should try to get my strap link extended?

Sent from 30% using GAGT
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Yes that will be last resort coz the YT vid I saw really complicated things more for me..the sedc035 got some ball bearings at link...

That's actually more commonly seen in Casio bracelets.. Not a ball bearing. It's a notch to push the link's pin (or rather, a slab) out.

Not that hard, most watch shop should be able to do it simply for you. To be honest, just need a small screwdriver (if you're worried about scratches, just tape it to blunt the tool) to push out the link and a small hammer if the link doesn't slide smoothly back in.

If you're very worried about skills, then just go Mr Goh K2, but doesn't mean it will always be perfect.. No one's perfect. :)
 
Last edited:

hgkedmund

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows Ap royal oak servicing price? Trying to restore the scratches on the face of the watch, gonna restore it soon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top