The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
19,005
Reaction score
1,727
Steinhart only know how to ripoff, dunno how to improve lolol. See the latest yachtmaster "homage" :/

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

It is a homage and it also happens to be a gateway for some to get the real deal.
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
cNRJ8Xs.jpg


Lol..
 

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
14,052
Reaction score
1,024
1++ yr old. It is still my fav watch. Really a keeper to me. I think I very uncle liao.

F0_CCAAEA_66_AD_4_F83_BDDB_C7_F50_AE7_EF03.jpg
 

cplusplus

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hi all, looking to get some advice here.

I recently sent a ROLEX OYSTER LADY-DATEJUST 69173, W931338 for serving. The watch is still working, but they are charging me $1324 to service the watch, which includes replacing the hands and one diamond on the face of the watch. Rolex does not sell this watch anymore and the last time they sold it was $7000+.

Based on the cost of the servicing, is it worth it for me to fix it? Taking into consideration that the servicing alone is almost like 1/5 of the price last time. Also, will the value of such a watch rise with time? How do I sell in the future? Who do I sell it to? How much can I sell this watch for?

Thank you.
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Hi all, looking to get some advice here.

I recently sent a ROLEX OYSTER LADY-DATEJUST 69173, W931338 for serving. The watch is still working, but they are charging me $1324 to service the watch, which includes replacing the hands and one diamond on the face of the watch. Rolex does not sell this watch anymore and the last time they sold it was $7000+.

Based on the cost of the servicing, is it worth it for me to fix it? Taking into consideration that the servicing alone is almost like 1/5 of the price last time. Also, will the value of such a watch rise with time? How do I sell in the future? Who do I sell it to? How much can I sell this watch for?

Thank you.

Are you wearing or keeping the watch for the next 10 years? if so then service. Otherwise if you are intending to trade in or upgrade then, don't bother to service. I just gotten a 69173 (diamond dial) from 2nd hand shop at $4000 only (with 2 years warranty).. non diamond dial price ranges from 2500-3500 (subject to condition and box + papers)

Hope the above helps.

And no...69173 will not increase in value over time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top