The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man United Friday
wiaErqhl.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ah mo ah .. I mean why you never join ventus MO ?? not buying meh ?? you old liao .. need glasses :s13:

😬 die liao... old flower eyes liao. Don’t really like the new Ventus leh. School holidays coming, must start earning some pocket money!

Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many here going for the HamtunH2?

Not me, unfortunately, I had a very bad impression of the H1, despite the numerous Youtube videos singing praises of it. I am also aware it was a very cheap price, and tailored my expectations accordingly but the execution was just subpar - I just felt like Ross didn't really put much thought or QC into it. In fact, it felt cheap and toy-like, even worse than a Vostok in my opinion. Just a lot of good specs on paper slapped together into something that didn't work. The lume on mine was problematic, for instance. Since then, he's also produced designs that didn't quite fit very well together.

The H2 also resembles the SKX a bit too much for my liking, and has a tilted date, which I don't fancy. THat said, the design seems to be one of the better ones out of Hantum so far.. And people seem relatively happy with the company, so I guess it may be alright..

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SECOND LAST BUMP. ORDER FINALIZED MONDAY NOON.

Current MO for Ventus Northstar stands at 14/15 pieces. Borrow this space to keep track:

1) cyrenic (1 pc)
2) reikizi (2 pc)
3) 3xtraWX (2 pc, PMed)
4) Zijin_ (1 pc, N-4, PMed)
5) DOGGYCUP (1 or 2 pc, PMed)
6) wingersix (1 pc, N-4, PMed)
7) noobie (1 pc, mobile)
8) xiaokuang (1 pc, PMed)
9) xteam88 (1 pc, N-4, PMed)
10) dillydilly (2 pcs, mobile)
11) colin03 (1 pc, PMed)

How it will work:
a) I will compile order first, then check with Elshan for pricing based on size of order
b) I will have to make payment to Elshan directly, outside of Kickstarter naturally - will collect full payment from you guys then - at this point, I'll also check for your phone numbers and probably set up a Whatsapp group for ease of updates.
c) Wait till Sep (or whenever the watches are ready)
d) I'll collect from Elshan then, and arrange for collection - will adopt GX's former model, i.e. set a mass collection date at central location, and settle those that can't make it individually.

Note: I don't gain anything from this, beyond the savings that I will get for my piece.

Last edited:

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tudor Satur-date. Got to wear a date watch today.
KiMmicil.jpg

Sent from "Please excuse the brevity and/or typo, as this message was sent from my mobile phone" using GAGT

dillydilly

Reaction score
Ohh... Thanks for the feedback. I only knew that there were some facets of the watch not living up to standards, i heard. But valuable insight. Thanks.

Not me, unfortunately, I had a very bad impression of the H1, despite the numerous Youtube videos singing praises of it. I am also aware it was a very cheap price, and tailored my expectations accordingly but the execution was just subpar - I just felt like Ross didn't really put much thought or QC into it. In fact, it felt cheap and toy-like, even worse than a Vostok in my opinion. Just a lot of good specs on paper slapped together into something that didn't work. The lume on mine was problematic, for instance. Since then, he's also produced designs that didn't quite fit very well together.

The H2 also resembles the SKX a bit too much for my liking, and has a tilted date, which I don't fancy. THat said, the design seems to be one of the better ones out of Hantum so far.. And people seem relatively happy with the company, so I guess it may be alright..

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, thinking of getting an Omega watch for my dad. I went down to the Omega shop at Ion, and another at peninsula, the prices at peninsula was much lower but the range is limited.

Was wondering if you guys have any other shops to recommend? Can pm me too if inconvenient.

lwt24lwt

Reaction score
Hello guys!
Just bought a dress watch and I am wondering for those working in the corporate world how do you wear your watch with your shirt? Watch under the cuff or put the cuff before the watch. You will know what i mean if you see the picture below.

P.S. Joining the corporate world soon so I am wondering

yuzgtsa

theblueark

Reaction score
Hello guys!
Just bought a dress watch and I am wondering for those working in the corporate world how do you wear your watch with your shirt? Watch under the cuff or put the cuff before the watch. You will know what i mean if you see the picture below.

P.S. Joining the corporate world soon so I am wondering

yuzgtsa

Watch under cuff. Watch before cuff only looks good in close up pics. If you zoom out you’ll see how weird it’ll look if one sleeve is shorter than the other.

If you’re getting shirts made to measure or tailored shirts, ask them to size up the cuff on your watch wearing hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.