All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
21-CBD9-E4-BE8-B-4170-9-A9-E-4-C64-AFC7609-D.jpg
This was a short run series? Alum bezel cosc certified no date sub

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With no purchasing history from any of the major AD, as a first timer, will I still be able to get some decent amount of discounts, or must I really buy something before then can unlock more discounts.

Cos if AD keep wanting to play games, it will be a 3k watch then a 7k watch next, instead of shooting straight for a 10k watch.

natnaes

Reaction score
With no purchasing history from any of the major AD, as a first timer, will I still be able to get some decent amount of discounts, or must I really buy something before then can unlock more discounts.

Cos if AD keep wanting to play games, it will be a 3k watch then a 7k watch next, instead of shooting straight for a 10k watch.
Not sure what you are trying to buy, you don't need to be a regular before you have discounts.

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score

Sure have some discount, just hoot the watch you want

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to buy, you don't need to be a regular before you have discounts.

That's good to hear. Still not sure, looking around. I'm looking for something "original" in design, as symmetrical as possible so no date window is better, not common pieces, flies under the radar, all these on top of being nice looking.

Meaning to say, things like BB58 are out. It looks like a Sub and it's everywhere on the streets.

It's currently random and all over the place now, but I've shortlisted Nomos Club Sport Neomatik, Nomos Metro Neomatik 41, Sinn 6036, Cartier Tank Large, JLC Polaris, Seiko SPB113, King Seiko SJE083.

If I can knock 20% or more off the 10k JLC Polaris, it's very tempting to just shoot straight for it.

If AD keep saying can't give much discounts cos I'm new etc etc, probably just get a Cartier Tank Small for the missus and walk away empty for myself, and try again next time.

Apart from the Cartier Tank, the pieces I'm looking for isn't the most popular ones, should improve my chances for discount.

The 2 Seikos are exceptions. Confirm not getting them from AD, Seiko's own boutique running a promo now for the SPB113 that I want.

natnaes

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Still not sure, looking around. I'm looking for something "original" in design, as symmetrical as possible so no date window is better, not common pieces, flies under the radar, all these on top of being nice looking.

Meaning to say, things like BB58 are out. It looks like a Sub and it's everywhere on the streets.

It's currently random and all over the place now, but I've shortlisted Nomos Club Sport Neomatik, Nomos Metro Neomatik 41, Sinn 6036, Cartier Tank Large, JLC Polaris, Seiko SPB113, King Seiko SJE083.

If I can knock 20% or more off the 10k JLC Polaris, it's very tempting to just shoot straight for it.

If AD keep saying can't give much discounts cos I'm new etc etc, probably just get a Cartier Tank Small for the missus and walk away empty for myself, and try again next time.

Apart from the Cartier Tank, the pieces I'm looking for isn't the most popular ones, should improve my chances for discount.

The 2 Seikos are exceptions. Confirm not getting them from AD, Seiko's own boutique running a promo now for the SPB113 that I want.
You should be able to get some discounts on those watches, 20% on JLC pre-covid can get, now not sure but I'm sure they can do something good. Not sure if you have checked out the new Cartier Tank photovoltaic, I think that's very worth the money at sub 4k for a solar powered watch that can run up to 16 years.

Seikos are perpetually on deep discount no need to worry, ADs have them between 35%-40% off 365 days of the year to walk-ins.

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get some discounts on those watches, 20% on JLC pre-covid can get, now not sure but I'm sure they can do something good. Not sure if you have checked out the new Cartier Tank photovoltaic, I think that's very worth the money at sub 4k for a solar powered watch that can run up to 16 years.

Seikos are perpetually on deep discount no need to worry, ADs have them between 35%-40% off 365 days of the year to walk-ins.

Yea Seiko not my concern. I also haven't kena poison by Grand Seiko anyways. The SPB113 cheaper to buy and service, not so gey gao over it.

Yea the Cartier Tank Solar one very tempting, the missus likes it. I figured we can both get that as nice couple watch.

Currently heard it's OOS, only the standard Quartz one got stock. But the newer Solar one, strap isn't as nice as the standard Quartz one.

Will see how first ba. Still slowly browsing and researching. It's the most fun part of the watch hunt.

natnaes

Reaction score
Yea Seiko not my concern. I also haven't kena poison by Grand Seiko anyways. The SPB113 cheaper to buy and service, not so gey gao over it.

Yea the Cartier Tank Solar one very tempting, the missus likes it. I figured we can both get that as nice couple watch.

Currently heard it's OOS, only the standard Quartz one got stock. But the newer Solar one, strap isn't as nice as the standard Quartz one.

Will see how first ba. Still slowly browsing and researching. It's the most fun part of the watch hunt.
Yup good luck and have fun!

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
I see that your budget can go up to $8K... how about the

Omega De Ville Tresor 435.13.40.21.03.001

Cartier Drive Extra Flat Steel

IWC Portugieser Automatic 40

Slim d'Hermes Titane (probably have to find some reseller... to get it under $8K, or bit the bullet but get something desirable from Hermes...)

Don't write off GS too quickly! I think the SBGW231 or the 269 would suit you very well.

Last edited:

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see that your budget can go up to $8K... how about the

Omega De Ville Tresor 435.13.40.21.03.001

Cartier Drive Extra Flat Steel

IWC Portugieser Automatic 40

Slim d'Hermes Titane (probably have to find some reseller... to get it under $8K, or bit the bullet but get something desirable from Hermes...)

Was rather keen on the De Ville Tresor, but with the simple indices, I would choose the no date version, which sadly the silver case white dial version comes with dates.

If Cartier I insists on the Tank for myself, cos the missus is going to get her Tank, the OCD in me will make me get a couple Tank to match her Cartier.

The IWC Portugieser 40 Auto, the font too ah pek for me leh. I'm only 29, no ah pek fonts and no roman indices for me leh :s13:

The Hermes, not my cup of tea. Doesn't help that the white second hand dial clashes too much with the main dial.

I actually like the Girard Perregaux 1966 Orion in steel with blue sparkling dial and matching crocodile leather strap, but over budget liao :(

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Reaction score
Was rather keen on the De Ville Tresor, but with the simple indices, I would choose the no date version, which sadly the silver case white dial version comes with dates.

If Cartier I insists on the Tank for myself, cos the missus is going to get her Tank, the OCD in me will make me get a couple Tank to match her Cartier.

The IWC Portugieser 40 Auto, the font too ah pek for me leh. I'm only 29, no ah pek fonts and no roman indices for me leh :s13:

The Hermes, not my cup of tea. Doesn't help that the white second hand dial clashes too much with the main dial.

I actually like the Girard Perregaux 1966 Orion in steel with blue sparkling dial and matching crocodile leather strap, but over budget liao :(

Say yes to the Tank, but no to Roman indices?

If you've considered them, then it's great then! I personally won't get the Sinn or the Nomos automatics...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.