The Watch Thread - Part 16

imranbecks

Reaction score
2017, now 2022, go try ask again and report back here
You will still get discount. How much discount you will get, it will really depend on factors such as age of the watch model and relationship with the AD or how good the staff is. AD's have been known to give out discounts no matter how small. Its always cheaper to buy from them than from the boutique.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You will still get discount. How much discount you will get, it will really depend on factors such as age of the watch model and relationship with the AD or how good the staff is. AD's have been known to give out discounts no matter how small. Its always cheaper to buy from them than from the boutique.
If hot model no discount la... Cos shortage everywhere. They don't need to differentiate themselves from boutique if they have stock but boutique don't.

imranbecks

Reaction score
If hot model no discount la... Cos shortage everywhere. They don't need to differentiate themselves from boutique if they have stock but boutique don't.
It depends on the AD. That's why it's best to look and ask around at various AD's first. The discounts varies. Usually if no discount or I find it still too high, I would just go to another one till they offer a good deal.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It depends on the AD. That's why it's best to look and ask around at various AD's first. The discounts varies. Usually if no discount or I find it still too high, I would just go to another one till they offer a good deal.
OK, if you say so. I think you may not have purchased any popular luxury piece recently. The market has gotten increasingly crazy in recent years for hyped up pieces. In some cases, the hype dies and then the pricing becomes more normal, and maybe you can get a discount. In many cases, the demand is so pent-up, especially due to spillover demand from people who can't get Rolex, that this lasts a very long time.

For example, I doubt anyone is able to get discount from AD on Cartier Solarbeat Tank. Cheers.

imranbecks

Reaction score
OK, if you say so. I think you may not have purchased any popular luxury piece recently. The market has gotten increasingly crazy in recent years for hyped up pieces. In some cases, the hype dies and then the pricing becomes more normal, and maybe you can get a discount. In many cases, the demand is so pent-up, especially due to spillover demand from people who can't get Rolex, that this lasts a very long time.

For example, I doubt anyone is able to get discount from AD on Cartier Solarbeat Tank. Cheers.
I'm more talking about Omega being discounted from the AD as opposed to the boutique because someone asked in the previous posts if you can get it discounted at the boutique or AD. Just a month or so ago, I was quoted 8% discount at Sincere watches for the current Aqua Terra model. I'm not sure how the discount is with other brands from these AD's since I usually go in and just look at Omega watches.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm more talking about Omega being discounted from the AD as opposed to the boutique because someone asked in the previous posts if you can get it discounted at the boutique or AD. Just a month or so ago, I was quoted 8% discount at Sincere watches for the current Aqua Terra model. I'm not sure how the discount is with other brands from these AD's since I usually go in and just look at Omega watches.
discount sure have, but no more 20% at AD

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking more solid now, can say one is an A. Lange & Sohne (platinum) the other, not confirmed yet, is a Franck Muller. Will take a couple of pics if and when I get it/them.

quincymmx

Reaction score
20220706_114132_1.jpg

Lunch time soon

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.