Those who use digital lock lip lai

Windowlover

Reaction score
August lock user,
I need some advise for Iwatch apps. After upgrading IOS, found my Iwatch encountered “There aren’t any lock to operate” , not sure how is occurs also.
Anyone have such errors but phone was ok to operate ?
Try to ask August though mail, seem not working well or wait for next upgrades.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Have try this method and not working for me. Even delete and reinstall apps. Only Iwatch cannot show open and close button like normal. Not sure it is Iwatch issue ?
Function seem normal for my Iwatch also.

comcrepe

Reaction score
Got my aug smartlock gen 4 at Amazon very impressive does the job
How is the battery life? Was eyeballing this and wanted to use rechargeable batteries for it but Amazon reviews mentioned how some rechargeable cr123 batteries do not fit. Need to buy the lithium 3v ones.
In the end I cancelled my Amazon order and bought the gen 3 version.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
For HDB or condos/apartment with limited security/access controls, i think still need a gate lock. And to me its strange to have a digital lock for main door but manual lock for gate, which kinda defeats the purpose of not having to bring/usekeys in the first place. But yes, I do have friends who don't even have a gate even in HDB so it depends on what you are comfortable with .
Many ppl don’t lock their gate So I think no need to lock la. Only lock their wooden door with the digital lock. If you have those video doorbell that can record, then I think no issue as any movement will be recorded and send to cloud

michaelfun

Reaction score
Bro, are u sure the 5100k have the Bluetooth to wifi module? If yes, pls kindly give me the link to where I can purchase this. I own both the 9200 and 5100k. Before buying, the sales person told me that these locks will in future have this capability. After waiting 1 year for the delivery of the 5100k,I was told that both locks will not have this function......
Hi Bro,
Do you have both 9200 and 5100k installed on your door and gate? is there any way u can show us the pics of the completed look? the door/gate/lock seller told me that 5100k is going to be installed at the smaller panel of the gate so that the 5100k will not crash with the 9200, but still i feel that the STRIKER of the 5100k will still crush on the 9200, isn't it?

dirtysock

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Why do people don’t recommend rechargeable batteries for Samsung digital lock, like those white eneloop batteries.
Thanks

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why do people don’t recommend rechargeable batteries for Samsung digital lock, like those white eneloop batteries.
Thanks
The voltage for rechargeable is lower. When nearing empty, it can go down a lot and lock may go dead without warning . Something like that, but maybe won’t make a difference if u diligently recharge every 3-4 months.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
I am using Eneloop Lite for my Samsung digital lock for over 10 years.

No issue so far.

You will feel a difference.

Using Alkaline (rated 1.5V each), the lock will lock and unlock faster.

Using the rechargeable, the respond is slightly slower (due to what yixiang1 mentioned about the lower 1.2V each and recharge at certain time to prevent dead batteries).

The rechargeable batteries will not die instantly. And usually the digital lock will give an alarm if the battery power is too low.

TeamUSA

Reaction score
Many ppl don’t lock their gate So I think no need to lock la. Only lock their wooden door with the digital lock. If you have those video doorbell that can record, then I think no issue as any movement will be recorded and send to cloud

it depends lah... i keep the gate locked but door open because i have a lot of wind so can ventilate the place. I can't be around all the time to monitor movement of people (apart from neighbours, you have delivery men/grabfood riders or cleaning contractors etc walking around)

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using Eneloop Lite for my Samsung digital lock for over 10 years.

No issue so far.

You will feel a difference.

Using Alkaline (rated 1.5V each), the lock will lock and unlock faster.

Using the rechargeable, the respond is slightly slower (due to what yixiang1 mentioned about the lower 1.2V each and recharge at certain time to prevent dead batteries).

The rechargeable batteries will not die instantly. And usually the digital lock will give an alarm if the battery power is too low.
Maybe good time to buy ikea’s rechargeable batteries. $9.90 for 4 AA batteries. 2450mah, but 1.2v still.
Not sure which OEM this is.

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone on philips gatelock, find the remote to unlock abit slow leh. any ways to unlock quicker?

deadrick

Master Member
Reaction score
Many ppl don’t lock their gate So I think no need to lock la. Only lock their wooden door with the digital lock. If you
have those video doorbell that can record, then I think no issue as any movement will be recorded and send to cloud
went through this thought process before and decide just get a digital gatelock.

most ppl will close their gate, and open their door for ventilation.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone bought the finger lock for letter box? it seen can open by any finger :)

Elon Jobs

Reaction score

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks

they dun last as long as the alkaline ones.

but no biggie charging them when alarm for low batt is up.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.