Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just now went to T1 gallen watch to enquire the fluted jubilee mint green datejust 41.
Lady told me no wait list and new models need to wait 8-9mths for them to receive stocks. When it comes, it’s only on first come first serve basis. Is that true? She didn’t even try to ask me to buy other non Rolex model. or isit she see me no up? 🥲

Airport how to have waitlist? Can suka suka go in collect watch?

Nitron

Reaction score
I am a complete nub so please excuse my questions. Have a few (vintage?) Rolex watches in the family bought by elderly passed down, but I have no particular desire to keep or wear cus dk value also and dk how to appreciate.

should keep or is there a best way to offload safely? honestly I just don’t want his collection to go to waste also but it was passed to be “sold” in a way… any place to safely check pricing/value?

idm keeping too lah just can’t wear (I’m a girl rofl) or do anything with it, tbh just curious cus idk the value of it also, just dk where to start in all these.

thank you 🙇‍♀️
1) Start with collating the pictures of the watches in the collection. The community can help to easily identify what watch he has and maybe an estimated value based on the model and its condition etc. Alternatively, you can do it yourself once u know the watch's unique code, type it in Carousell, Chrono24, and WatchRecon/ Watchpatrol to get an estimate. Note that the price listed on these are ASK prices, it could be far from the buy price
2) Find and see if the box and papers are still in-tact (you can google what contains in a full set, but most important is the box and warranty card that shows the serial number) - You get more value if u have this in-tact
3) 3 ways to offload: 1) Pawnshop 2) Grey dealers 3) Carousell. Pawn offers the least, followed by grey dealers. Carousell is the "best" as no middleman but a lot more troublesome.
4) To offload via carousel, show full pictures, and inform the buyer what else is included besides the watch. They will normally ask you to deal at lucky plaza/ Bencoolen to get a watchmaker to authenticate the watch (at their cost)

bbqbeans

Reaction score
It’s normal to make such mistakes . The market was so hot year end and everyone was queuing up to buy a hulk Pepsi Daytona in grey market (brightime was like fish market on weekends). Don’t blame urself . U probably lose that money elsewhere too if u r investing.

If I may be honest, I think the real job cut will come soon, the default will soon follow for businesses. we are not yet at the bottom and the pain will be significant in 3-6 months time. Rolex went up like crazy , never been like that in the last 20 years . If you agree, then let me say this, in the last 20 years , we have never experienced high interest rate and increases like this too, so it’s for you to gauge the severity of the situation.

It’s always easy to tell u to hold, wear and enjoy while price appreciate in 20 years cos I will never be wrong to say this but if u r in need of money and u can’t stand losing more money, my honest advice is that it’s time to sell now . It will be a while (maybe another 5-10 years) before the hype comes back .

Thank you for this detailed and good advice. Appreciate it. :)

Sty_123

Reaction score
1) Start with collating the pictures of the watches in the collection. The community can help to easily identify what watch he has and maybe an estimated value based on the model and its condition etc. Alternatively, you can do it yourself once u know the watch's unique code, type it in Carousell, Chrono24, and WatchRecon/ Watchpatrol to get an estimate. Note that the price listed on these are ASK prices, it could be far from the buy price
2) Find and see if the box and papers are still in-tact (you can google what contains in a full set, but most important is the box and warranty card that shows the serial number) - You get more value if u have this in-tact
3) 3 ways to offload: 1) Pawnshop 2) Grey dealers 3) Carousell. Pawn offers the least, followed by grey dealers. Carousell is the "best" as no middleman but a lot more troublesome.
4) To offload via carousel, show full pictures, and inform the buyer what else is included besides the watch. They will normally ask you to deal at lucky plaza/ Bencoolen to get a watchmaker to authenticate the watch (at their cost)
Superb advice. Or you can also post your pictures here so that some of the "kum gong" here can consider to buy it off your collection.

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question: if blnr with oyster = Batman and blnr with jubilee = batgirl,
Then blro with jubilee is what? Pepsigirl? Wonder Woman?

Hungry kid

Reaction score
So far I have not heard of anyone who build profile with AD at airport. Difficult to liaise and follow up
I believe is first come first serve at airport location...at least in middle east. If you super super lucky at the terminal when their stocks arrive, should be able to get...but maybe sales staff will straight call their friends at the airport since they have pass to go departure area , or even relatives then just fast hand and leg buy ticket to KL and go in.

Damienic

Reaction score
I believe is first come first serve at airport location...at least in middle east. If you super super lucky at the terminal when their stocks arrive, should be able to get...but maybe sales staff will straight call their friends at the airport since they have pass to go departure area , or even relatives then just fast hand and leg buy ticket to KL and go in.
Serious??! Airport AD is go by first come first serve? Wow

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious??! Airport AD is go by first come first serve? Wow
Usually is they keep it. Choose customer to sell.
My Korean friend flew in from usa before covid in early 2020 to visit.
Went back. Flight delayed, go rolex store tcss. Before he leave for his flight. The sales took out Starbucks and ask if he wants it.
I thought he csb till he show me the watch and Receipt.

allrise841

Reaction score
So far I have not heard of anyone who build profile with AD at airport. Difficult to liaise and follow up
Gassan don't sell to local. if they sell watches to Local, they will be called to their office and kanna question why this watch you sell to this local customer.

Same ask Bangkok Duty Free, they dont sell to locals too.

I went Sydney airport last month, don't know how it works, but the SA told me all the exhibition watches all already reserved for customers. but the condition is after paying deposits, the customer watches have to be at the shop for 1mth 'exhibition' before they can collect it. i guess like that then their shop wun be empty?

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gassan don't sell to local. if they sell watches to Local, they will be called to their office and kanna question why this watch you sell to this local customer.

Same ask Bangkok Duty Free, they dont sell to locals too.

I went Sydney airport last month, don't know how it works, but the SA told me all the exhibition watches all already reserved for customers. but the condition is after paying deposits, the customer watches have to be at the shop for 1mth 'exhibition' before they can collect it. i guess like that then their shop wun be empty?

In b4 sinkies call their foreign frens and tiongs or pinoy to act as “foreign and tourist” to buy

kurt_629

Reaction score
how much is a
ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL GMT-MASTER II HALF-GOLD Ref 116713LN
or a milgauss 116400GV nowadays?

always like this 2 models

karagiselle

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you.
will take pics once I visit again. :o

Damienic

Reaction score
Usually is they keep it. Choose customer to sell.
My Korean friend flew in from usa before covid in early 2020 to visit.
Went back. Flight delayed, go rolex store tcss. Before he leave for his flight. The sales took out Starbucks and ask if he wants it.
I thought he csb till he show me the watch and Receipt.
Omg Starbucks? He really is very lucky. So far I haven’t heard anyone can get a Rolex like this in an impromptu visit to the airport AD. Amazing

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.