Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Totally agree with you. But after troving through the forums, I noticed that the Rolex Service Centre frequently does not accept too vintage watches and considering this watch was from the 60s or maybe 70s. They might not accept it too.
At least try RSC first.. if rejected then TOP Hour @ Lucky Plaza.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
 

Random_explorer18

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Hi everyone, new to this scene. Have learned quite a bit from you guys through reading this forum! Would like to seek some advice - I'm aiming a submariner non-date/date as my first watch. But i'm not too sure where to get them, it seems like a hard to acquire piece? Thanks in advance!
 

atypicalsingaporean

Master Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
2,527
Reaction score
141
Hi everyone, new to this scene. Have learned quite a bit from you guys through reading this forum! Would like to seek some advice - I'm aiming a submariner non-date/date as my first watch. But i'm not too sure where to get them, it seems like a hard to acquire piece? Thanks in advance!
the truth of the matter is... if it's easy to get, then the prices on the market would not be above the retail price :)

The common recommendation is to put your name down at non-Orchard/town stores for the 114060, and check back with the store regularly.
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
Not sure where to get them? Rolex AD or Grey

Hard to acquire piece? What do u think after reading this forum?

Hi everyone, new to this scene. Have learned quite a bit from you guys through reading this forum! Would like to seek some advice - I'm aiming a submariner non-date/date as my first watch. But i'm not too sure where to get them, it seems like a hard to acquire piece? Thanks in advance!
 

Laofuzi67

Banned
Joined
Apr 30, 2015
Messages
12,405
Reaction score
1,614
Hi everyone, new to this scene. Have learned quite a bit from you guys through reading this forum! Would like to seek some advice - I'm aiming a submariner non-date/date as my first watch. But i'm not too sure where to get them, it seems like a hard to acquire piece? Thanks in advance!

The premium for the no date is not high just fork it out and get it on your wrist.
Save the hassle and the wait
 

gazar1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
3
Thank you Kyo_kusanagi86 for helping me embed the photo. I am not sure how to do so!

Yes, its a pity that the watch is in this condition, considering I am getting it as a kind of an "heirloom" item. I would really like to fix it up to restore it as best I can.

If anyone has any recommendations or contacts which knows how to restore a watch like this, other than the service centre, of course, I will be more than willing to take a look.

Cheers all!


Bro I think just get TOP HOUR clean up the dial and do normal servicing.

Don’t change the parts since it’s vintage.

Changing might affect its value in future.
 

wahjohreno

Master Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
3,382
Reaction score
216
Bro I think just get TOP HOUR clean up the dial and do normal servicing.

Don’t change the parts since it’s vintage.

Changing might affect its value in future.

I would be inclined to do this. It's a sentimental piece and I'd want to remember the watch the way my uncle gave it to me.

As long as it works mechanically, I'd leave the dial alone. Gives it more character. Maybe get leather band to tone it tone for daily wear. Or not if you like the K-pop star look.

You can do a dial change at any time anyway.
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
I would be inclined to do this. It's a sentimental piece and I'd want to remember the watch the way my uncle gave it to me.

As long as it works mechanically, I'd leave the dial alone. Gives it more character. Maybe get leather band to tone it tone for daily wear. Or not if you like the K-pop star look.

You can do a dial change at any time anyway.

If I have day date, i surely will change to Stone dial de..

iqd0Uwel.png


7Ziwa19l.jpg


83eda953-06cf-4431-8519-a20df487773b
 

s3856

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2001
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
17

gazar1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
3
If you don’t mind want to zhng a bit, change to the onyx dial.

But not sure still got available parts anot.

The full black onyx no markers is very nice.
 

GoldLux7

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
If you don’t mind want to zhng a bit, change to the onyx dial.

But not sure still got available parts anot.

The full black onyx no markers is very nice.

Haha, I think will keep to original design since the watch has an impressive history. Having started its journey back in the 60-70s in Bahrain as a gift to my Granduncle's father by the King.


Thank you!

If I have day date, i surely will change to Stone dial de..

iqd0Uwel.png


7Ziwa19l.jpg


83eda953-06cf-4431-8519-a20df487773b

Looks good but maybe in the far future. Hahaha
 

adgjl321

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
710
Reaction score
40
Morning
I have been wanting to give my honest comment for a while and today I think is the best time for it.
I always believe things happen for a reason...be it Good or Bad.
On the day of this Post which we showcase this 12 sports for new customers during ** ,our website crash because of the overwhelming response from all of you.
We have about four hundred over enquiries not counting the multiple requests from customers.
Janet Loke
Gen Abarintos have a very tough time going through the list to try to allocate to the best available customer for each models.
Like I say 400+ for 12 customers...
no joke.
Those 12 who got it, will of course be happy and does that didn't.....some...not all...started to complain.
I think this world is so strange and human behaviour is so hard to understand.
Don't try to tell me HOW I should run my business or why this ,why that about the allocation.
Your Birthday, your Anniversary ...etc...is not the only reason you should be self entitled to a watch.
Endday I have say countless times to some of you that I too are running a business here.
My company interests comes FIRST...not personal and nothing Personal about it too.
The way I do my business is of my own concern not yours...so don't try to be funny with the comments which I see sometimes...
but again you can do what you like as social media brings out the GOOD & BAD in each of us.
Be a Man..not cry babies or worse...
Keyboard warriors.
Thanks for reading my comment and you have a great day ahead 😉
Sincerely
Max
 

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
10,375
Reaction score
635
Morning
I have been wanting to give my honest comment for a while and today I think is the best time for it.
I always believe things happen for a reason...be it Good or Bad.
On the day of this Post which we showcase this 12 sports for new customers during ** ,our website crash because of the overwhelming response from all of you.
We have about four hundred over enquiries not counting the multiple requests from customers.
Janet Loke
Gen Abarintos have a very tough time going through the list to try to allocate to the best available customer for each models.
Like I say 400+ for 12 customers...
no joke.
Those 12 who got it, will of course be happy and does that didn't.....some...not all...started to complain.
I think this world is so strange and human behaviour is so hard to understand.
Don't try to tell me HOW I should run my business or why this ,why that about the allocation.
Your Birthday, your Anniversary ...etc...is not the only reason you should be self entitled to a watch.
Endday I have say countless times to some of you that I too are running a business here.
My company interests comes FIRST...not personal and nothing Personal about it too.
The way I do my business is of my own concern not yours...so don't try to be funny with the comments which I see sometimes...
but again you can do what you like as social media brings out the GOOD & BAD in each of us.
Be a Man..not cry babies or worse...
Keyboard warriors.
Thanks for reading my comment and you have a great day ahead �
Sincerely
Max
Hi Max, sorry you felt this way. But my Wife birthday is coming up in August and she is always looking forward to be surprised by KK.H with a Pepsi GMT. This would be our first purchase from you and we do Know miracle might happen. Do take care and hope to hear from you soon!

Sent from Xiaomi MI 9 LITE using GAGT
 

Transcendent

Master Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
386
hi bros, anyone have a rolex with minute hand not aligned with minute markers when it runs.

, I read that it is quite a common problem called gear slack. But it really gets to me, it was only recently serviced 2 years ago at RSC and now I feel like bringing it in again for servicing. Will they be able to fix it? Just feel quite irked about it as my $100 seiko 5 has better hand alignment than rolex.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Morning
I have been wanting to give my honest comment for a while and today I think is the best time for it.
I always believe things happen for a reason...be it Good or Bad.
On the day of this Post which we showcase this 12 sports for new customers during ** ,our website crash because of the overwhelming response from all of you.
We have about four hundred over enquiries not counting the multiple requests from customers.
Janet Loke
Gen Abarintos have a very tough time going through the list to try to allocate to the best available customer for each models.
Like I say 400+ for 12 customers...
no joke.
Those 12 who got it, will of course be happy and does that didn't.....some...not all...started to complain.
I think this world is so strange and human behaviour is so hard to understand.
Don't try to tell me HOW I should run my business or why this ,why that about the allocation.
Your Birthday, your Anniversary ...etc...is not the only reason you should be self entitled to a watch.
Endday I have say countless times to some of you that I too are running a business here.
My company interests comes FIRST...not personal and nothing Personal about it too.
The way I do my business is of my own concern not yours...so don't try to be funny with the comments which I see sometimes...
but again you can do what you like as social media brings out the GOOD & BAD in each of us.
Be a Man..not cry babies or worse...
Keyboard warriors.
Thanks for reading my comment and you have a great day ahead 😉
Sincerely
Max

got cancer reading this.

he should just stfu and do as he please. he's the real cry baby
 

gazar1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
3
got cancer reading this.

he should just stfu and do as he please. he's the real cry baby

Lol true, other watch company boss where got bother go FB talk have talk don’t have.

Even Botak only entertain his IG group of niche collector.

The one above make it like Pasar malam style LOL
 

MsFries

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hello, I need some help.
I’m going to purchase a sub 2018 from a Carousell seller but he mention not to waste money for authentication and just head down to rolex shop to adjust the links.
Is it true that they will not adjust if it’s fake?

Is there any other ways to authenticate it without opening the case back since it’s still under warranty?
 

en_8_en

Master Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
3,980
Reaction score
3,144
got cancer reading this.

he should just stfu and do as he please. he's the real cry baby

Hahaha not to mention names in the group.
But got a few individuals in the group, always get allocation, then also selling 2020 subs in FB marketplace.

Please la Max gor, you and your band of scalpers want to scalp just continue do so la, not like we all here don't know.

You come here geh kiang talk until we wronged you, please la, then how come you never see your ahbang selling multiple 2020 pieces and you still keep allocating to him.

I use your number la. 12 out of 400 right?
12/400 * 12/400 = the probability to get allocation in a row twice leh.

Use machine learning algorithm also not so li hai and get the same results twice in a row leh bro.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Lol true, other watch company boss where got bother go FB talk have talk don’t have.

Even Botak only entertain his IG group of niche collector.

The one above make it like Pasar malam style LOL

talk about botak i dulan already

jam my black dial ap 15400 at 15% off in 2015. si botak

******
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Hello, I need some help.
I’m going to purchase a sub 2018 from a Carousell seller but he mention not to waste money for authentication and just head down to rolex shop to adjust the links.
Is it true that they will not adjust if it’s fake?

Is there any other ways to authenticate it without opening the case back since it’s still under warranty?

if you operate a watch brand, would you help adjust a watch bracelet if u know its fake?

lol quite self explantory
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top