Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
Majority of the luxury store in Singapore sure kena snubbed one de la. The moment u walk in , kena style check, and the way the SA reply you also put on air one.
 

ask_yip

Master Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,282
Been reading that buy new Rolex have a wait list even in Switzerland.

Noob here, need advice. Planning to go Switzerland in Jun 2025, and considering buying a submariner.

Should I get onto a wait list now with for example Bucherer? And how to get onto the list? Just contact then?

just came back from Swiss last April, what I can say is don't bother

they will offer you full gold model or hard sell you 2nd hand model

and the price is not even compatible to local 2nd hand

better buy in Japan
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,734
Reaction score
486
just came back from Swiss last April, what I can say is don't bother

they will offer you full gold model or hard sell you 2nd hand model

and the price is not even compatible to local 2nd hand

better buy in Japan
Last april as in 2024 april? They got full gold model daytona ?
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
They also like to offer 126505 black face. A few times it was offered. Haha closest Daytona that could be offered for now.
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,747
Reaction score
3,348
Is it safe to assume that ADs will still put you on a "waiting list" if you see the model you're looking for listed at a mark-up at a grey dealer?
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
The other day I was at a grey dealer browsing and I heard a lady mentioned that she has waited for 2-3 years... Still waiting
Yup, I have been on a "waiting list" for a Batman at one of the ADs for over 5 years liao ;)

Still no call or email other than the first email acknowledging my interest and if I was interested in getting a DJ first blah blah blah
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,911
Reaction score
5,225
had a 1984 rolex sub, never serviced.
works well.
dont fix if it's not broken
Yup, I wanted to bring my 12-year GMT II to Top Hour for servicing

First question he asked me was is the watch running fine

When I answered yes, he straight away said no need - don't waste money :ROFLMAO:
 

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2007
Messages
19,747
Reaction score
3,348
Yup, I have been on a "waiting list" for a Batman at one of the ADs for over 5 years liao ;)

Still no call or email other than the first email acknowledging my interest and if I was interested in getting a DJ first blah blah blah
Where did you end up getting yours from?
 

bwaysaikryptonite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
14,237
Reaction score
2,202
now buyers market dunch fall for AD trap…tiagong they quite hard up to sell and will even try to bundle more…some SA even ask for ang bao to be prioritised lol…famous one at orchard
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top