Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
I mistakenly adjusted the date around 11am. Could this potentially cause any harm to the movement?
You did not say what brand of watch? I assume you meant 11pm instead of 11am…. As there is nothing wrong with adjusting a watch at 11am for any brand…. For 11pm If Rolex should be fine they are very hardy …., if JLC, PP etc may spoil the mechanism
 

xiahjunsu87

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
You did not say what brand of watch? I assume you meant 11pm instead of 11am…. As there is nothing wrong with adjusting a watch at 11am for any brand…. For 11pm If Rolex should be fine they are very hardy …., if JLC, PP etc may spoil the mechanis

It’s 11am and Rolex SD43. Because I watched some videos and read some forums that we should avoid changing the date in the red zone which is 11 - 3.
 

Mountaindwarf

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2022
Messages
726
Reaction score
426
It’s 11am and Rolex SD43. Because I watched some videos and read some forums that we should avoid changing the date in the red zone which is 11 - 3.
That’s for other brands where the date wheel change slowly at night between 9pm to 3am or something like that.
Rolex watches change date instantly so we don’t have that problem. A feature that I really appreciate.
 

xiahjunsu87

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Just wondering hor, was this thread created to share useful answers, or is it more for sarcasm, criticism, and making fun of others? We all have things to learn, and a little respect in responses would go a long way. If that’s too much to ask, feel free to scroll past my question. I really won’t mind. Thanks!
 

rlskyline

Master Member
Joined
May 21, 2012
Messages
4,331
Reaction score
1,123
Just wondering hor, was this thread created to share useful answers, or is it more for sarcasm, criticism, and making fun of others? We all have things to learn, and a little respect in responses would go a long way. If that’s too much to ask, feel free to scroll past my question. I really won’t mind. Thanks!
don't take things too hard
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
I just want to check and clarify. I know I am not rich and have many watches like you do but is it wrong to ask?
Lol. No one care. Take it as pinched of salt. This is internet, not everyone is here to please you. If you have doubts, RSC is there to answer your question. The people here ain't experience watch guru to experience the technical side of the watch. Have a blessed day
 

Corba2001

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2022
Messages
2,109
Reaction score
1,486
Bo bian la... forum ma... can expect this kind of replies.

If you posted in EDMW, i think the replies will be 10x worst

But then again, i don't think it's going to be an issue for your watch for the winding process. Very hardy
 

xiahjunsu87

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Bo bian la... forum ma... can expect this kind of replies.

If you posted in EDMW, i think the replies will be 10x worst

But then again, i don't think it's going to be an issue for your watch for the winding process. Very hardy
Ah I see. But I didn’t expect to receive childish comments from a grown up adult.
But it’s okay, I can play along with them if they have free time for me.

anyway, thank you for the information.
 

popdod

Banned
Joined
May 8, 2001
Messages
167,004
Reaction score
34,071
Ah I see. But I didn’t expect to receive childish comments from a grown up adult.
But it’s okay, I can play along with them if they have free time for me.

anyway, thank you for the information.

coz we r Yang at heart. :s13:
 

Damienic

Master Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2015
Messages
4,264
Reaction score
3,153
I can say that after sometime engaging with forumers here on an active basis previously (wasn’t so active here in the last 3-4 months because of some personal issues), beneath that facade of sarcasm and scepticism are actually some of the nicest people I ever met. I will say that don’t take comments on social media too hard, sometimes it’s just for that bit of banter.
 

Hungry kid

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
539
Reaction score
92
Relax Relax.... Forum only...for me if there's something i not too sure of like in your case, i would pop in 1 or 2 AD, have a chat with them and ask their opinion. Treat as having a seat, rest a bit after shopping.
 

Mukamuka

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
153
Reaction score
83
Just wondering hor, was this thread created to share useful answers, or is it more for sarcasm, criticism, and making fun of others? We all have things to learn, and a little respect in responses would go a long way. If that’s too much to ask, feel free to scroll past my question. I really won’t mind. Thanks!
Don't take things to heart, there is bound to be people like that any where especially on forums.

That being said, in most cases you can just pop into RSC or ADs to have a quick chat with them if the replies online aren't useful.
 

sd0711

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
55
Reaction score
15
Hi, I’m new to buying luxury watches and would appreciate some advice. I want to get my dad a Rolex, as he’s always wanted one. He’s bought many fake versions before, and I know he’d love to have a genuine one.

I’ve heard it’s quite difficult to buy a Rolex in Singapore. I’m mainly looking at these three series: Sea-Dweller, Datejust, and GMT-Master. Is it possible to buy any of these directly from AD? E.g. Rolex Boutique - The Hour Glass ION Orchard? Would it help to check at Changi Airport when I’m traveling overseas?

Also, since this is a big purchase, any recommendations for which credit card to use?

Thank you.
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
Hi, I’m new to buying luxury watches and would appreciate some advice. I want to get my dad a Rolex, as he’s always wanted one. He’s bought many fake versions before, and I know he’d love to have a genuine one.

I’ve heard it’s quite difficult to buy a Rolex in Singapore. I’m mainly looking at these three series: Sea-Dweller, Datejust, and GMT-Master. Is it possible to buy any of these directly from AD? E.g. Rolex Boutique - The Hour Glass ION Orchard? Would it help to check at Changi Airport when I’m traveling overseas?

Also, since this is a big purchase, any recommendations for which credit card to use?

Thank you.

Get the AMEX Platinum then go to ION Rolex and beg for a DJ
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top