Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
Hi, I’m new to buying luxury watches and would appreciate some advice. I want to get my dad a Rolex, as he’s always wanted one. He’s bought many fake versions before, and I know he’d love to have a genuine one.

I’ve heard it’s quite difficult to buy a Rolex in Singapore. I’m mainly looking at these three series: Sea-Dweller, Datejust, and GMT-Master. Is it possible to buy any of these directly from AD? E.g. Rolex Boutique - The Hour Glass ION Orchard? Would it help to check at Changi Airport when I’m traveling overseas?

Also, since this is a big purchase, any recommendations for which credit card to use?

Thank you.
On the current situation, I will say it's hard but not impossible for datejust half gold, SS will be hard. Fate all primarily decide on the balance inventory that is left unallocated. GMT & Sea dweller basically unachievable for first timer. I will suggest pay a small premium for datejust or 2nd hand sea dweller which is trading below retail. Hope this help
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
Ah I see. But I didn’t expect to receive childish comments from a grown up adult.
But it’s okay, I can play along with them if they have free time for me.

anyway, thank you for the information.
Yes those people are ridiculously childish. U are always right. Do not take it to heart and dun let this internet bullies suppress you. Have a bless day ahead 🤗
 

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
Hi, I’m new to buying luxury watches and would appreciate some advice. I want to get my dad a Rolex, as he’s always wanted one. He’s bought many fake versions before, and I know he’d love to have a genuine one.

I’ve heard it’s quite difficult to buy a Rolex in Singapore. I’m mainly looking at these three series: Sea-Dweller, Datejust, and GMT-Master. Is it possible to buy any of these directly from AD? E.g. Rolex Boutique - The Hour Glass ION Orchard? Would it help to check at Changi Airport when I’m traveling overseas?

Also, since this is a big purchase, any recommendations for which credit card to use?

Thank you.
I was at the KHH boutique on Monday , they have both the deepsea (black) and a TT 41mm available to be bought by walk in
 

derkaiser94

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
514
Hi, I’m new to buying luxury watches and would appreciate some advice. I want to get my dad a Rolex, as he’s always wanted one. He’s bought many fake versions before, and I know he’d love to have a genuine one.

I’ve heard it’s quite difficult to buy a Rolex in Singapore. I’m mainly looking at these three series: Sea-Dweller, Datejust, and GMT-Master. Is it possible to buy any of these directly from AD? E.g. Rolex Boutique - The Hour Glass ION Orchard? Would it help to check at Changi Airport when I’m traveling overseas?

Also, since this is a big purchase, any recommendations for which credit card to use?

Thank you.
SD is an easy first timer watch. So are the majority of DJs aside from a few dial configurations. SS gmts are impossible. TT and full gold gmts may be possible.
 

sd0711

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
55
Reaction score
15
Thanks everyone. I just brought my dad to choose his Rolex. Luckily, he likes Datejust. AD said he thinks he should be able to get it. I think they have it but not willingly to sell it on the spot. Hopefully, we will get a call from him soon.

Btw, do you think i should go to other AD and register my interest or just stick to 1 AD and wait for the call?
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
Thanks everyone. I just brought my dad to choose his Rolex. Luckily, he likes Datejust. AD said he thinks he should be able to get it. I think they have it but not willingly to sell it on the spot. Hopefully, we will get a call from him soon.

Btw, do you think i should go to other AD and register my interest or just stick to 1 AD and wait for the call?
Which AD and which outlet is this? Good to go to other shops from different chains to indicate interest. But avoid KHH imo. If possible, good to “chance upon” a manager instead of just a regular salesperson
 

sd0711

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2023
Messages
55
Reaction score
15
Which AD and which outlet is this? Good to go to other shops from different chains to indicate interest. But avoid KHH imo. If possible, good to “chance upon” a manager instead of just a regular salesperson
I went to The Hour Glass VivoCity. Thanks for the advice. I will go to other chains on my own to indicate interest now that I know his favourite design.
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
I went to The Hour Glass VivoCity. Thanks for the advice. I will go to other chains on my own to indicate interest now that I know his favourite design.
Ya you can try a Cortina outlet in orchard. Also can try empress/emperor. Can try watch palace also. Like that one visit to town can settle all.
 

ask_yip

Master Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2013
Messages
2,874
Reaction score
1,275
want to ask if want to resize the Rolex, need to bring along warranty card?

walk in to AD to ask for adjust the links and he asked me got bring warranty card or not lol

but end up he do for me also la...
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
want to ask if want to resize the Rolex, need to bring along warranty card?

walk in to AD to ask for adjust the links and he asked me got bring warranty card or not lol

but end up he do for me also la...
U go RSC better ma, still got free pouch take. But dun do on Monday cos backlog. Else it's not a issue to settle on the spot
 

carey

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
40,873
Reaction score
5,204
I quite like the explorer 2 actually but I keep reading online that it's an unpopular model and also less demand/investment value for some reason as compared to other SS models. Thus the dilemma :(

this reddit thread for example
https://www.reddit.com/r/rolex/s/uAiqtJ5PGt
These days, we should just buy what we like and not worry about investment value cos demand can change over time and what's hot today may not be in 5 years
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,627
Reaction score
691
Hi Bros, my friend has these two watches, the Sub is prolly around mid 60's to early 70's while the gold Day/Date is arounf 40's to 50's.....I think. Any Rolex expert can advise on prices of these beauties? BTW, the Sub has a green dial, not black.
6J3oqbL.jpg
 

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
37,940
Reaction score
1,289
I went to The Hour Glass VivoCity. Thanks for the advice. I will go to other chains on my own to indicate interest now that I know his favourite design.

Read the reviews of this outlet in Google and see who’s the salesperson often praised
 

Bloodcrave

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
893
Reaction score
202
Hi Bros, my friend has these two watches, the Sub is prolly around mid 60's to early 70's while the gold Day/Date is arounf 40's to 50's.....I think. Any Rolex expert can advise on prices of these beauties? BTW, the Sub has a green dial, not black.
6J3oqbL.jpg
the day date 1803 is probably low 20k?
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
110
Reaction score
84
Just curious is the Airking below retail at Grey now?
Hi good afternoon Sir, let me assist you with your query. Basically u can explore the carousel which most of the grey dealer are listing their items and under setting select the lowest to highest value, and the search engine will display and answer your question. Hope this help and have a nice day ahead
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top