Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

ahhjiee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello sexperts. newbie here

I'm looking for a rolex and will be looking into the grey market for the first time.

If i have already have a 116710LN, would batman/ batgirl/ sprite make more sense? I'm assuming batgirl cause of the jubilee bracelet? Is the value retained the same for both?

ps. pepsi is too flashy for my liking

I'm trying to start a collection so I wouldn't wish to having a few similar looking watches. eg. i'm skipping the black sub cause it looks like my current gmt2

spurman

Reaction score

I'm looking for a rolex and will be looking into the grey market for the first time.

If i have already have a 116710LN, would batman/ batgirl/ sprite make more sense? I'm assuming batgirl cause of the jubilee bracelet? Is the value retained the same for both?

I'm trying to start a collection so I wouldn't wish to having a few similar looking watches. eg. i'm skipping the black sub cause it looks like my current gmt2

I would suggest tat you could look for the rootbeer. Skip batman/girls and black subs as they r well too similar to your collection.

You could look at the Air-King or explorer II or a YM or a Sky dweller or a datejust or OP.

Anyway up to you and your taste, but at least those suggested would be much different from your black GMT

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Why would you want another gmt if you’re avoiding similar looking watches? How about considering smooth bezel like op/explorer 1/Milgauss ?

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don’t need to go grey… go get a fluted DJ from AD so u can expand your collection in future

ethanleow

Reaction score

Go straight for the used 116610LV instead of u looking for value retainment.. though price is dropping , 116610LV is one of a kind, the only one with green dial green bezel. Don’t go for the 126610LV, it’s stupid imo, just a black sub date with green bezel.

Something totally different that caught my eyes is the sky dweller, the complication of date month and GMT function is amazing.

spurman

Reaction score
Go straight for the used 116610LV instead of u looking for value retainment.. though price is dropping , 116610LV is one of a kind, the only one with green dial green bezel. Don’t go for the 126610LV, it’s stupid imo, just a black sub date with green bezel.

Something totally different that caught my eyes is the sky dweller, the complication of date month and GMT function is amazing.
Sky Dweller.. good choice. But the SS ones are too hyped. Rather go for their 2tone if you like. Their price wont appreciate. Prob much easier to be allocated.

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score

yeah agree that hulk is pretty with the green on green

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
Is it possible to get fluted DJ from ad without purchase history? I wanna get the Wimbledon DJ to play tennis with

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get fluted DJ from ad without purchase history? I wanna get the Wimbledon DJ to play tennis with
A friend of mine shared with me his journey to his Wimbledon dial DJ.

He had to buy 2 x Tudor to get allocated his DJ. But of course that was just his first Rolex from that AD. He has gotten allocated a Sub and Batgirl since. So in that sense, it balances out.

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine shared with me his journey to his Wimbledon dial DJ.

He had to buy 2 x Tudor to get allocated his DJ. But of course that was just his first Rolex from that AD. He has gotten allocated a Sub and Batgirl since. So in that sense, it balances out.
Ah ok, so still must start journey with other watches haha.
Cuz I read on Reddit that the Wimbledon DJ is like the watch that is used to start journeys

simwayne

Reaction score
Wah. Nice leh. Is 41mm too big? I’m wearing a 40mm grand seiko now and seems ok
41mm DJ is too big for my 15.5cm wrist and finally go ahead with this piece when 36mm it's released.
It's better to try if it sits well on yours

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
41mm DJ is too big for my 15.5cm wrist and finally go ahead with this piece when 36mm it's released.
It's better to try if it sits well on yours
Ok I guess I will go down and try. Don’t know if they will entertain me if I have no purchase history

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.