Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
About 6 years. I did it mainly because it was quite worn. So long it doesn’t stop and keeps time well I think generally is fine. But not serviced for 14 years is very long.
I depends - I bought my 2007 GMT2 for servicing at Top Hour

First thing he asked me - is the watch running fine?

I said yes, then he said no need, can save my money :oops:

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score

Different people say different things. Some told me as long as watch is used for certain period of time, ie 10 years or more, better send for servicing even if the watch seems running fine. Was being advised that if wait until the watch got problems then service, it might get more costly to service by then
But this Top Hour is nice la. Got chance to earn money they also didn’t take. 👍

Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Different people say different things. Some told me as long as watch is used for certain period of time, ie 10 years or more, better send for servicing even if the watch seems running fine. Was being advised that if wait until the watch got problems then service, it might get more costly to service by then
Yup Mr Lim is very nice

I usually send my watches there for checking and servicing

Sometimes he takes a look and then say, no need to service yet :D

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s true. The oil inside might dry up over time if not serviced over time. Without oil, the friction is going to cause wear and tear to the movement causing more costly repairs.

C4l3b

Reaction score

Has he ever said need to service for any of your timepieces? Or usually it’s because something
is already damaged and need to change?

my aunt likes to go to him whereas I prefer to just send to rsc. More peace of mind.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has he ever said need to service for any of your timepieces? Or usually it’s because something
is already damaged and need to change?

my aunt likes to go to him whereas I prefer to just send to rsc. More peace of mind.
Got ah - if he detects an abnormal movement or he ask how much time am I am gaining or losing, he will then service if it's outside the norm

But Rolexes are very hardy - don't need to change any parts for me so far

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s true. The oil inside might dry up over time if not serviced over time. Without oil, the friction is going to cause wear and tear to the movement causing more costly repairs.
Yep this was what I thought too. Just that when I echoed the same views to some others, some told me no need to spend unnecessary money if the watch runs fine.
If it is Patek, especially Grand Complications and Complications, I suspect a shorter service intervals is probably advisable.

Damienic

Master Member
Reaction score
For stainless steel, should be Pepsi due to demand. My own take though is the skydweller. It has lower allocation per boutique.
Roger. The Skydweller Blue fewer people queue than Pepsi but much fewer pieces arrived per boutique too. So the difficulty to get can be as difficult as Pepsi, if not more difficult

chows99

Reaction score
Skydweller is very top heavy due to the chunky case. It does not wear that well if you dont have a large wrist.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
an oversized blue datejust wif complication wif fewer quantity so peepur hype riaos…
Technically there’s only 2 Rolex models, datejust and sub. Everything else are just variations of these 2. Either bigger size, some simple complications added, different color/numbered bezel etc.

Superspeso

Reaction score
Its just FOMO. Technology wise Rolex not progressing as much.
If we talk Dive watches, there are other brands out there much better than Sub.
If we talk about movements and finishing, Rolex is just long lasting with no artisan finishing.
If we talk chronograph, their little brother comes out with more interesting chrono

Nitron

Reaction score
Its just FOMO. Technology wise Rolex not progressing as much.
If we talk Dive watches, there are other brands out there much better than Sub.
If we talk about movements and finishing, Rolex is just long lasting with no artisan finishing.
If we talk chronograph, their little brother comes out with more interesting chrono
I'm interested in your opinion of which brand are you talking about, that is much better than the Sub

Superspeso

Reaction score
Tudor pelagoes- much smarter clasp system, impressive water resistance
Blancpain fifty fantom, Omega seamaster (pro 300m, seamaster 300, planet ocean, james bond blah blah), Grand seiko very accurate spring drive and lower depth resistance
Many other brands out there that have really good specs and wearability

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.