Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
“Quite like” will become “super like” after knowing the resale will increase
“Quite like” will become “will pass cos size too big, design boring bla bla” when knowing resale will tank
Rolex buyers are a special breed I’ll say….
Haha not really, what you are describing is human nature
 

j4jersey.

Master Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
4,446
Reaction score
1,258
so now the situation is what ah?
been a while since i follow rolex thread already
can buy without profile already?
i just eyeing the explorer 1, should be easier right haha
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Is ur own AD a different shop/chain?

How does explorer 2 wear on your wrist? Do you like it? Are you going to build a bigger collection (seeing you already have a few watches, you are a collector yourself already) and do you think explorer 2 likely to fit in that?

personally I would have considered it in an earlier stage of watch collecting but a few years in and understanding the variety that I like, my own preference is to collect a nice range given my budget, so I won’t hoard too many, may pass if I am in your position
lol

10 characters
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
“Quite like” will become “super like” after knowing the resale will increase
“Quite like” will become “will pass cos size too big, design boring bla bla” when knowing resale will tank
Rolex buyers are a special breed I’ll say….
lol resale price buyers for sure
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
so now the situation is what ah?
been a while since i follow rolex thread already
can buy without profile already?
i just eyeing the explorer 1, should be easier right haha
Same haha, haven’t been following the thread closely.

Think gradually and progressively getting less difficult. Maybe got chance? Esp 36?
 

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
Ya actually now is slightly over 6 months liao. I bought 2 PM datejust + 1 tudor from him so I thought my chances were good but when I followed up last wk, he told me no stocks for sub. I think he smoking me cos my colleague got offered sub from the same AD just last month

"however, an Explorer 2 isn’t usually a model You use for allocation of other models."

Ya I also dunno why the new AD offer me this. maybe cos I shared that i alrdy have datejust so not looking for any of such anymore
They do receive subs every month, but you join a waiting list of other people who also bought 2 DJ. As there are many people who are also asking for the Sub.
you need to constantly check back with your SA on at least a monthly basis once it pass 6 months
 

mansae

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
7,821
Reaction score
3,196
They do receive subs every month, but you join a waiting list of other people who also bought 2 DJ. As there are many people who are also asking for the Sub.
you need to constantly check back with your SA on at least a monthly basis once it pass 6 months

But I also bought a Tudor from him and he promised me will get sub for me if I bought Tudor. Means he lied to me :(
 

mansae

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
7,821
Reaction score
3,196
Depends on which AD, but subs should come very very frequently, maybe he forgot and now that you reminded him it might come soon. But at least this new AD intro by your friend offered you something, even if u pass, could be possible that in future can offer u sub?

i hope so..I was worried that by turning down the explorer, the AD not happy and dun offer me sub liao
 

DreamOnzzz

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2024
Messages
32
Reaction score
6
That’s the AD game. AD always win.
Subs dropping at Grey. High 17K now.
2025, in less than 2 month, Rolex will increase their price? 3% or 5% or more? Once such news is out, every piece will increase.
 

watchlouver99

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2024
Messages
59
Reaction score
28
I think subs are slightly easier to get. I mean if the AD don't deliver after awhile just move on. How to support like that.
Subs are the watch that is produced the most by Rolex, and it is also the model that the AD receives the most….. they are definitely more attainable, however, they are also a very mass appeal watch, and one of the highest requested watch at the AD too. As such such as an SA manages a lot of customers, sometimes it’s the person that shouts the loudest that gets it first , especially after 2 DJ 1 Tudor purchase….
 

xiahjunsu87

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Haiz, my friend and I didn’t know that this Firman from C is so infamous. I should have start reading and conduct more research. My friend bought from him last month with my accompany. TBH, I am quite pissed with his f**k face and poor attitude, basically the experience is real bad.
But I want to commend the lady (not sure if she’s the manager or SA), she is polite, with a sweet smile and avidly bring us to take a seat while waiting for Firman settling the incorrect payments but he at least got apologised with awkward expression.
 

Plikhz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2010
Messages
1,198
Reaction score
261
Haiz, my friend and I didn’t know that this Firman from C is so infamous. I should have start reading and conduct more research. My friend bought from him last month with my accompany. TBH, I am quite pissed with his f**k face and poor attitude, basically the experience is real bad.
But I want to commend the lady (not sure if she’s the manager or SA), she is polite, with a sweet smile and avidly bring us to take a seat while waiting for Firman settling the incorrect payments but he at least got apologised with awkward expression.
Firman!! Joker still there Sia.

I met a lady manager there once, quite nice.
 

gabetang

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2021
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
why was that firman so hated? hahah i saw posts from a year back in this forum talking about him too
 

fade_white

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
46,212
Reaction score
5,990
Haiz, my friend and I didn’t know that this Firman from C is so infamous. I should have start reading and conduct more research. My friend bought from him last month with my accompany. TBH, I am quite pissed with his f**k face and poor attitude, basically the experience is real bad.
But I want to commend the lady (not sure if she’s the manager or SA), she is polite, with a sweet smile and avidly bring us to take a seat while waiting for Firman settling the incorrect payments but he at least got apologised with awkward expression.

why was that firman so hated? hahah i saw posts from a year back in this forum talking about him too
Which posts? Can link?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top