Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendoh07

Reaction score
okay noted.. i can get overseas coz gf flies here n there.. she ask me wanna hoot bo plus she gt a colleague stays there buy often.. so can bargain plus claim the vat.. :o

watches in swiss are more ex in singapore... due to exchange rate, even after tax rebate.

gazar1

Reaction score
Noob question here

last time people always say rolex kia rolex boy and rolex king
actually these 3 is referring to which model? can someone educate me thanks.

Mrtesting

Reaction score
hai guise, i want to service my rolex, but rolex centre quote me $700 (change face/glass/polish)

any other place there is good and reliable services (heard from my friend some of people park have good service, while other might take your watch mechanism/motor and replace it with an old one without your knowledge) :spin:

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, does Rolex watch has good resale value like gold? Or it is just a depreciating asset like a car?

Thanks.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, does Rolex watch has good resale value like gold? Or it is just a depreciating asset like a car?

Thanks.

Rolex resale value is the best comparing other brands but you cannot compared to gold & don't expect to make profit from it.

Gold is commodity & it's price can go up & down just like stocks.

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rolex resale value is the best comparing other brands but you cannot compared to gold & don't expect to make profit from it.

Gold is commodity & it's price can go up & down just like stocks.

so its very unlikely that we are able to make profit from a normal range rolex?

laguna83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
profit if lucky loh...

anyway, really wan make profit is buy a limited ed...dont wear it, not even one time... 50 yrs down the road should profit

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Inflation rises over years. There is no way you can make profit by owning a Rolex not even their limited edition models.

If you are thinking of profit, buying gold will be a better choice.

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Inflation rises over years. There is no way you can make profit by owning a Rolex not even their limited edition models.

If you are thinking of profit, buying gold will be a better choice.

I see. the reason I'm asking is because I got one as a gift but I don't wear it. dunno if I should still now or keep it till when I need the cash.

seems like selling and invest the proceeds is a better choice huh

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. the reason I'm asking is because I got one as a gift but I don't wear it. dunno if I should still now or keep it till when I need the cash.

seems like selling and invest the proceeds is a better choice huh

If it's new & never wear, think it's better to sell it cheaper a bit than those at retailer shops & used the $$$ to invest will be better.....:s12:

Yueming

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for a

oyster perpetual datejust circa 1970s model is either 1501/1601

sapphire blue dial.

PM me picture and price.

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score

yes ur right.

only selected limited edition models can fetch higher prices

like submariners etc...

otherwise, owning a rolex is like owning an ordinary car

i too wish i can sell off my old rolex and get a hefty sum then i can buy a new and simple stainless steel oyster

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
right now whats the amt they normally give for rolex watch? that one one AD told me they reduce the % but dont know he hao siao or not because he no longer the one i used to buy watches from. :(

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
right now whats the amt they normally give for rolex watch? that one one AD told me they reduce the % but dont know he hao siao or not because he no longer the one i used to buy watches from. :(

depends on model. the sports model or popular ones usually 5% to no d/c.
the datejusts may go up to 15%....

wanker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gd place to buy is at Changi Airport when leaving S'pore... you get to enjoy 7% GST offset.

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i just went to one boutique n told 10% but this boutique, i have doubt abt what their salesperson said because last time they tell me next day or so omega going to raise price or reduce %, end up also dont have. not v honest

yea now have to consider Airport since the price is more exp and 7% is a lot

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hai guise, i want to service my rolex, but rolex centre quote me $700 (change face/glass/polish)

any other place there is good and reliable services (heard from my friend some of people park have good service, while other might take your watch mechanism/motor and replace it with an old one without your knowledge) :spin:

i think so...... that time saw on the news there's one authorised reseller!!! sell 2nd hand one or i was wrong?

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.