Treasure at Tampines

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Another enbloc hopeful

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/laguna-park-attempts-en-bloc-sale-again-148-bil-price

Guess likely to fail as they are trying and trying again at the same price, whereas others have even tried again at 20 % discount.

What did Einstein say?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
 
Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Joined
May 17, 2018
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
2
Another enbloc hopeful

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/laguna-park-attempts-en-bloc-sale-again-148-bil-price

Guess likely to fail as they are trying snd trying again at the same price, whereas others have even tried again at 20 % discount.

What did Einstein say?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

40+ year old property and they are still expecting to reap more than 2.6mill each. Looks like no such thing as depreciation for condos haha..
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
From this site https://www.thetreasureattampines-official.com seems like the psf and quantum seems alright. Some say it’s like the cheapest condo in the east. Went to check out alps and tapestry, seems cheaper for some start buy. Not sure if it true.

If it is your own money, check it out yourself before you buy. Don’t just listen to jokers.

There are many jokers in this industry. I attended a talk by one of the biggest agencies here. This Mr. X just tell people, prices shoot up, shoot up quickly buy. Don’t compare past transactions, all prices going to shoot up like in Hong Kong, 4000 to 5000 usd psf.

Mr.X has also appeared in the media and wrote a couple of books. Each time his words repeat in my ears, I told myself it is good to know such a joker.

Maybe due to credibility issue, he does not give public talks these days. Imagine people in the audience who recorded his words, playing what he said back to him.
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
If it is your own money, check it out yourself before you buy. Don’t just listen to jokers.

There are many jokers in this industry. I attended a talk by one of the biggest agencies here. This Mr. X just tell people, prices shoot up, shoot up quickly buy. Don’t compare past transactions, all prices going to shoot up like in Hong Kong, 4000 to 5000 usd psf.

Mr.X has also appeared in the media and wrote a couple of books. Each time his words repeat in my ears, I told myself it is good to know such a joker.

Maybe due to credibility issue, he does not give public talks these days. Imagine people in the audience who recorded his words, playing what he said back to him.

I’m rather surprised you will go attend such talk. :D
Your caliber can conduct talk la bro. Haha
But u seems quite bearish. Was curious what’s your property portfolio.
 
Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
Park place is a great buy, within 2 months and 80% was sold, similar to nearby Katong Regency in 2012, I think it was soldout in just one month or less. And PLQ is just door step sheltered to MRT+CCL. This kind of pjt is what we had been talking about, you hand and leg must be very fast.


Went to KR showroom b4, that was an atas dev, quality finishing. No sure about PLQ, but it's location is a winner with an ave price of 1.9k psf, it location is better than WR.

Hehe I was there, it’s like selling vegetables, when I hesitated a few second more, another unit sold.
:D
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
I’m rather surprised you will go attend such talk. :D
Your caliber can conduct talk la bro. Haha
But u seems quite bearish. Was curious what’s your property portfolio.

No lah, I still have a lot to learn from brothers and sisters here.
The talk was conducted by a ‘celebrity’. Face and name splashed over newspapers, books, tv and magazines, so I thought to see real life who he is.

Not really bearish, but just hope everyone buy with their eyes open. Don’t blame here, blame there, blame jokers, blame Boleh neighbours etc. At the end it’s your own money and decision.
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
No lah, I still have a lot to learn from brothers and sisters here.
The talk was conducted by a ‘celebrity’. Face and name splashed over newspapers, books, tv and magazines, so I thought to see real life who he is.

Not really bearish, but just hope everyone buy with their eyes open. Don’t blame here, blame there, blame jokers, blame Boleh neighbours etc. At the end it’s your own money and decision.

Bro, I have a gut feel I will enter the market again looking at the future land bid price. But I need to wait for most mega project to clear first. It’s gonna be a long wait I Guess.
Now like déjà vu, I feel like I’m now in the 2013 cycle, the aftermath when TDSR and ABSD was implemented. (The tug of war era betw buyers and Developers)
 
Last edited:

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,469
Reaction score
1,028
Oh dear. I just checked out d Interlace on Propertyguru. 160 units on sale! 60 for rent! ($3.5k/month)

I wonder who is going to buy and is there a demand for rental...

You should check Reflections at Keppel Bay - last I checked 596 listings!
 

NiShiZhu

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
9,299
Reaction score
3,015
wow. learn something today

Yap, and it’s a 14 year old condo with 609 units listings for sale.
1100 over units and only 6 transaction going thru in 2019.
Look nice from outside and if u r free, u may go in take a look at the interior and layout.
U sure learn something.:D
 
Last edited:

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
It is great. I learnt something new too.

The more you compare, the more options they throw up. Most of us have only one bullet and we need to know all our available options before deciding. This is what most jokers will not do for you. They just give you hundred and one reasons why one project is good and try to convince you...

For the same or lower psf, would you want to stay in reflections, near the sea / VivoCity or in woodleigh (near a former cemetery).

Just like my earlier question, 1,350 psf near Aljunied or 1700 psf near Eunos.

Again, if your decision is one or the other after your detailed study and analysis, so be it.
 

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2019
Messages
7,194
Reaction score
2,813
Yap, and it’s a 14 year old condo with 609 units listings for sale.
1100 over units and only 6 transaction going thru in 2019.
Look nice from outside and if u r free, u may go in take a look at the interior and layout.
U sure learn something.:D

Really strange. Some Developers keep the land so Long and let the lease run before developing. Just like coco palm, TOP just not to Long ago but already run down more than 10 years of its 99 year lease. Buyers beware.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top