Treasure at Tampines

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Back in 2015 when Kingsford was launched the prices were only about 1000-1100psf (some units even transacted below 1000psf) that explains the profit. Given that in current market even new ECs are expected to be priced around 1000-1100psf and new private condos are going at about 1300psf on average.

I went to the showflat last time. Not attracted by this huge development and location despite the cheap price.

You are right, the price increase is simply due to the new launch pricing nearby like riverfront/florence/affinity....

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Singapore condo rents dip in June, HDB rents edge up
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/real-estate/singapore-condo-rents-dip-in-june-hdb-rents-edge-up-srx-flash-data

"Going by location, private rents dipped 0.5 per cent in the core central region (CCR) last month, fell 1.1 per cent for the outside central region (OCR), and rose 0.9 per cent for the rest of central region (RCR)."

"Compared to their peak in January 2013, private rents in June were down 17.5 per cent." but new launch prices is up 30-40%?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
"Economy today is very very different from 20 years ago."

"The correlation between low unemployment and inflation has gotten lower and lower and lower..."

Listening to fed's chairman jerome powell testimony to the senate right now.

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Depends on who you speak to.

When economy decline, some will say prices should remain competitive, buyers rush in and sales pick up.
Some even say interest rates will fall, buyers rush in.

When economy is good, people have stable income, sentiments are good and buyers also rush in.

You see their argument, any time is a good time to buy. Buy, buy, buy, they are vested and hope more will buy to put money in pockets. However, don’t blame them, buying decisions lay entirely with the buyers, whether it ends up a good buy or not.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
More than 50 units sold at Treasures in July 2019 already!

Really moving very fast!

More to come, due to the EC buyers deciding to move to private.

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
More than 50 units sold at Treasures in July 2019 already!

Really moving very fast!

More to come, due to the EC buyers deciding to move to private.

51 units sold in April
50 units sold in May
70 units sold in June
50 units sold in July.

But many are still harping on huge discount for treasure and were confident 2200 units are hard to clear.
All waiting to see sumang launch price before deciding which to choose from.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
51 units sold in April
50 units sold in May
70 units sold in June
50 units sold in July.

But many are still harping on huge discount for treasure and were confident 2200 units are hard to clear.

With 1800 remaining, sales of 50 a month will still take 3 years to sell out. This is assuming no worsening of economic conditions and it is able to sustain the sales. Don’t forget still lots of supply coming up. Those looking for treasure may also be waiting for tampines EC...

More downsides than up in the 3 years in my opinion.

zinedine

Reaction score
50 units per month.
600 per year.
2400 in 4 years.

This could mean it could be cleared by TOP.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
50 units per month.
600 per year.
2400 in 4 years.

This could mean it could be cleared by TOP.

That is Provided it can maintain selling 50-60 units per month.
As far as I know, the sales may slowly dies down if more launches/options coming up.

Last edited:

Thanooors

Reaction score
Do you think the developer will give discount given the current market sentiment?

51 units sold in April
50 units sold in May
70 units sold in June
50 units sold in July.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Do you think the developer will give discount given the current market sentiment?

Definitely not at the moment.
Even 5 years later also not likely. Pricing in the next 5 years could be at different benchmark.
Then we may start to complain the new benchmark pricing again.

Just personal opinion. Seen too many rounds of CMs, recessions over the past 2 decades.
Last week still got 3 ex-colleagues ask me the procedure of decoupling, you say leh?

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely not at the moment.
Even 5 years later also not likely. Pricing in the next 5 years could be at different benchmark.

Just my personal opinion. Seen too many rounds of CMs, recessions over the past 2 decades.
Last week still got 3 ex-colleagues ask me the procedure of decoupling, you say leh?

5 years later, treasure will alr be long hit by the huge ABSD. Treasure now has 3 years and 1 month to sell. And as you said, older launch project are likely to see a slowdown in sales...

I rmb in 2014/15 I saw many discounts / offers / lucky draws from reputable developers like cdl and cap although there was no recession...

The fact that your colleagues need to consider decoupling shows that they feel the squeeze of current prices and cooling measures. I do not approve of decoupling honestly, feels like a divorce?:o

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
5 years later, treasure will alr be long hit by the huge ABSD. Treasure now has 3 years and 1 month to sell. And as you said, older launch project are likely to see a slowdown in sales...

I rmb in 2014/15 I saw many discounts / offers / lucky draws from reputable developers like cdl and cap although there was no recession...

The fact that your colleagues need to consider decoupling shows that they feel the squeeze of current prices and cooling measures. I do not approve of decoupling honestly, feels like a divorce?:o

The reason why I said huge discount for this treasure project is not possible is because most of its units are Low quantum units. Low quantum units are particularly appealing to buyers.
Unlike those high quantum units like 3-5mil May take longer time to find buyers.

Of coz, the downside is it has too many units to clear, but my prediction is Low quantum units will still have takers. Just a matter of time.

We can agree to disagree. 5 years later, we can come back and assess the sales for treasure again.

To begin with, all my ex colleagues have one thing in common, they have already paid off their first property with a substantial sum of extra cash on hand.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
The reason why I said huge discount for this treasure project is not possible is because most of its units are Low quantum units. Low quantum units are particularly appealing to buyers.
Unlike those high quantum units like 3-5mil May take years to find buyers.

Of coz, the downside is it has too many units to clear, but my prediction is Low quantum units will still have takers. Just a matter of time.

We can agree to disagree. 5 years later, we can come back and assess the sales for treasure again.

We can come back in 3 years, just before treasure's time is up.

5 years later, I do agree market conditions may change but not in this 3 year period. Lots of uncertainties during this period in the economy, interest rates, mr trump facing re-election etc...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.