Treasure at Tampines

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score

Already said, one person can’t talk up or talk down the market.
It is driven by public sentiments.
That said, it’s still too early to tell whether treasure can pull through the tides since there’s still 1600 over units waiting for takers.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I keep having a feeling treasure’s current sales and future sales may have some link relative to the pre and post sumang’s launch and pricing.

Last edited:

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already said, one person can’t talk up or talk down the market.
It is driven by public sentiments.
That said, it’s still too early to tell whether treasure can pull through the tides since there’s still 1600 over units waiting for takers.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I keep having a feeling treasure’s current sales and future sales may have some link relative to the pre and post sumang’s launch and pricing.

I think more significantly; treasure sales will have a link to the upcoming Tampinese ave10 EC launch next year, if the pricing of that EC is near to Treasures pricing, Treasures sales would fly cos its a P.C. At present, Sumang EC will affect Treasure sales base on the indicative prices and take up rate, because Treasures is currently the lowest entry price for a PC.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don’t think individuals can talk up or down the market as there are many forces acting in different angles.

What is important is to take full responsibility of your purchase. Make money good for you. Lose money, it’s your money, not mine. Having high percentage of a development sold is beneficial to Developers but not necessarily meant buyers have the best deal, could be a herd of sxxxxkers

Like the case of twin vew, quite well sold out, 90% plus but most commenters agree that they got the worst deal out of the three (other being WG and PR)

Just curious that many commented that this is not the right time of entry and yet we see many buyers jumping in. Forced to buy? Why?

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious that many commented that this is not the right time of entry and yet we see many buyers jumping in. Forced to buy? Why?

My Guess:
1) Getting used to it:
When new CMs was initially imposed, it just a matter of time for buyers to get used to it. So initially, u will see a period of tug of war between the buyers and sellers/Developers. (Also known as Knee jerk effect). But that does not mean all quit buying. Mindset takes time to change and adjust. In our Long chain of CMs imposed, did we see any major price correction so far?

2) human are forgetful and kiasu animals:
Didn’t we all learn from 2013 CM when TDSR and 7%ABSD was imposed? I always thought that’s the Mother of all CMs and would put the last nail into the property coffin. Never did I expect people are still buying with 7%ABSD, queuing up overnight at PC, RF and Stirling, thinking that they will get a good deal before 12%ABSD kicks in.

3) Genuine young home buyers:
Of course we can’t dispute there are such group buying for self stay.
Many singles I knew enjoys privacy and move out from parents. Instead of splurging money on depreciating items such as buying luxury cars or other luxury items, wouldn’t it be more practical to invest on something that has possibility of appreciating?

4) HDB upgraders:
Just like the American dreams, buying property is singaporean’s Dream. It’s already in our DNA. Many Singaporean aspired to upgrade from HDB to condos. Many felt that since they are already Working so hard, don’t they deserve some changes in life? Anyway, we only live once. Of course, this point is rather subjective. Different folks, different strokes. Some wants to be loan free as early as possible. That said, unless u really know how to make your money/savings work as hard to hedge against inflation and grant you an early/comfortable retirement plan. However, Not many are as savvy and equipped with such knowledge.

5) leveraging
Besides buying property, no other forms of investment mechanisms can get you a loan as high as you can get from bank. Many believes it’s the best way to hedge against inflation rather than letting money rot in bank.

Trying to understand from the psychological angle rather than just looking at the logical aspects probably will help u understand better why people are still buying. Recently, 3 of my ex colleagues just called me up to ask me details on decoupling as they all have fully paid off their property. All intend to buy their second.

Also interesting to note that the Florence thread recently has came back to life again. :D

People like me or those who are Long enough in property are not buying now has our own reason and rationale. But I know one person cannot talk up or talk down the property market. It is driven by public sentiments.

Last edited:

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Guess:
1) Getting used to it:
When new CMs was initially imposed, it just a matter of time for buyers to get used to it. So initially, u will see a period of tug of war between the buyers and sellers/Developers. (Also known as Knee jerk effect). But that does not mean all quit buying. Mindset takes time to change and adjust. In our Long chain of CMs imposed, did we see any major price correction so far?

Didn’t we all learn from 2013 CM when TDSR and 7%ABSD was imposed? I always thought that’s the Mother of all CMs and would put the last nail into the property coffin. Never did I expect people are still buying with 7%ABSD, queuing up overnight at PC, RF and Stirling, thinking that they will get a good deal before 12%ABSD kicks in.

Many singles I knew enjoys privacy and move out from parents. Instead of splurging money on depreciating items such as buying luxury cars or other luxury items, wouldn’t it be more practical to invest on something that has possibility of appreciating?

4) HDB upgraders:
Just like the American dreams, buying property is singaporean’s Dream. It’s already in our DNA. Many Singaporean aspired to upgrade from HDB to condos. Many felt that since they are already Working so hard, don’t they deserve some changes in life? Anyway, we only live once. Of course, this point is rather subjective. Different folks, different strokes. Some wants to be loan free as early as possible.

5) leveraging
Besides buying property, no other forms of investment mechanisms can get you a loan as high as you can get from bank. Many believes it’s the best way to hedge inflation rather than letting money rot in bank.

Trying to understand from the psychological angle rather than just looking at the logical aspects probably will help u understand better why people are still buying. Recently, 3 of my ex colleagues just called me up to ask me details on decoupling as they all have fully paid off their property. All intend to buy their second.

People like me or those who are Long enough in property are not buying now has our own reason and rationale. But I know one person cannot talk up or talk down the property market. It is driven by public sentiments.

nice post but i think sentiment is fluid. if you wrote this between 2000 to 2004 people will laugh at you.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
nice post but i think sentiment is fluid. if you wrote this between 2000 to 2004 people will laugh at you.

Yes, Don’t know kenna mock by how many people Liao when bought in 2003 and 2005. Lol
习惯就好 (just get used to it). Live for myself, not others.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
My Guess:
1) Getting used to it:

4) HDB upgraders:
Just like the American dreams, buying property is singaporean’s Dream. It’s already in our DNA. Many Singaporean aspired to upgrade from HDB to condos. Many felt that since they are already Working so hard, don’t they deserve some changes in life? Anyway, we only live once. Of course, this point is rather subjective. Different folks, different strokes. Some wants to be loan free as early as possible. That said, unless u really know how to make your money/savings work as hard to hedge against inflation and grant you an early or comfortable retirement plan. However, Not many are as savvy and equipped with such knowledge.

5) leveraging
Besides buying property, no other forms of investment mechanisms can get you a loan as high as you can get from bank. Many believes it’s the best way to hedge inflation rather than letting money rot in bank.

Also interesting to note that the Florence thread recently has came back to life again. :D

Mr Think was questioning the buyers’ timing of entry... why did people rush in to buy projects like TV, Garden & Woodleigh residence which eventually offered considerable discounts from launch price?

It is simply the herd mentality and fear of missing the boat. And also add in the foreigners who do not have perfect information.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Mr Think was questioning the buyers’ timing of entry... why did people rush in to buy projects like TV, Garden & Woodleigh residence which eventually offered considerable discounts from launch price?

It is simply the herd mentality and fear of missing the boat. And also add in the foreigners who do not have perfect information.

The timing that is right for you may not be right for me. Same applies to others.
For those who constantly try to talk down property, no timing is ever right for them. So I would suggest they stay put of what they have currently. (To be honest, I’m currently staying put of what I have right now).

Hmm, I thought u said u are busy and not going to be here often? Sigh, you make everyone here happy for a moment. Lol
So now should I treat u like an old season property expert or just a 1998 newbie? I’m still kinda confused. :s8:

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
The timing that is right for you may not be right for me. Same applies to others.
For those who constantly try to talk down property, no timing is ever right for them. So I would suggest they stay put of what they have currently.

Hmm, I thought u said u are busy and not going to be here often? Sigh, you make everyone here happy for a moment. Lol
So now should I treat u like an old season property expert or just a 1998 newbie? I’m totally confused. :s8:

School starts in 2 weeks and I did not say I will totally abstain from commenting in the forum. Many are sad to see me go unfortunately, with my increased number of PMs the past day.

I see, so buying at 10% less half a year later is not clear enough to be a better time of entry? This is new launch, however early u buy, TOP remains the same.

Not sure why u are remaining so childish by nsisting others are talking down the market.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
School starts in 2 weeks and I did not say I will totally abstain from commenting in the forum. Many are sad to see me go unfortunately, with my increased number of PMs the past day.

I see, so buying at 10% less half a year later is not clear enough to be a better time of entry? This is new launch, however early u buy, TOP remains the same.

Not sure why u are remaining so childish by nsisting others are talking down the market.

As usual, a simple reply to someone’s post will always trigger your wrath.
I do receive many private PMs, nothing to brag about.
Did you miss the boat too many times or u just felt your future is rather bleak and impossible for u to afford a property in the near future after you graduated?
Don’t be shy, just share.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
As usual, a simple reply to someone’s post will always trigger your wrath.
I do receive many private PMs, nothing to brag about.
Did you miss the boat too many times or u just felt your future is rather bleak and impossible for u to afford a property in the near future after you graduated?
Don’t be shy, just share.

As usual, being childish again.

Previously not answering mr think’s question, now mine.

I am still young and very sure will be much more successful than you.

Grow up Mr Ni and improve your reading and comprehension.

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Did you miss the boat too many times or u just felt your future is rather bleak and impossible for u to afford a property in the near future after you graduated? .

Worry more about your kids. Try to send them to top JCs if you can. I hope they don’t need to live off you just like you did with your parents.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
As usual, being childish again.

Previously not answering mr think’s question, now mine.

I still young and am very sure will be much more successful than you.

Grow up Mr Ni and improve your reading and comprehension.

Mr think’s question is simple, he was puzzled why many said they are not buying now but every month, healthy sales transactions are still taking place. So I offered him my opinions. And that triggers u again?
I’m rather flabbergasted why u keep condemning others about their English/comprehension skills. Are you some kind of law graduates or some poets who can write beautiful English poetry? But the fact is, I’m not seeing that in you. :D

Last edited:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Worry more about your kids. Try to send them to top JCs if you can. I hope they don’t need to live off you just like you did with your parents.

Why worry about my kids which I think your parents should be more worried about your upbringing and mannerism instead? From the way how you troll your identity and cross fire with everyone here. Hmm, not going to argue with you today since it’s a Saturday. would rather spend time with my family having a good breakfast.
Seeya soon and Enjoy your day. :D

Last edited:

shin7829

Reaction score

Because u are.
Thats how i feel also

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Guess:
1) Getting used to it:

4) HDB upgraders:
Just like the American dreams, buying property is singaporean’s Dream. It’s already in our DNA. Many Singaporean aspired to upgrade from HDB to condos. Many felt that since they are already Working so hard, don’t they deserve some changes in life? Anyway, we only live once. Of course, this point is rather subjective. Different folks, different strokes. Some wants to be loan free as early as possible. That said, unless u really know how to make your money/savings work as hard to hedge against inflation and grant you an early/comfortable retirement plan. However, Not many are as savvy and equipped with such knowledge.

5) leveraging
Besides buying property, no other forms of investment mechanisms can get you a loan as high as you can get from bank. Many believes it’s the best way to hedge against inflation rather than letting money rot in bank.

A well thought and curated post, which served the intent of the forum for a healthy banter and exchange of opinion. The pointers struck a few chords.

I must admit I wished I had looked at the market earlier; but we can’t turn back time. Buy within ones means and stay positive.

On a note, (disclaimer: not looking at treasures) but my thought is treasures would likely sell with it decent entry price. I also don’t see treasures lowering its prices; in fact it’s more likely to increase in time to come, because its price is already the lowest in the market did we see RF lowering its prices in 2018 despite it being a mega project? No, and it already sold over 1000 units. Of cos, as someone thinking to enter the market, we all wish prices were lower but looking at it objectively, tells me it would not.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

Btw, this was my first reply to our guru Ni before he got worked up and started attacking me and ended up become my problem again.

Please open your eyes wide everyone.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want buy condo and I envy people who can afford and get one. :o I am stuck with HDB and I wonder when can I have the chance to upgrade. :o

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Guess:
1) Getting used to it:

4) HDB upgraders:

5) leveraging

Bro,

Appreciate your detailed response. I would like to add another dimension to that.

In an ideal situation, it would help if we are able to add another dimension to the analysis. Like what we think are the buyers’ response one year after the purchase. Would it be ‘well bought. If I were in the same situation, I would have still bought’ or ‘damn it, I should not have bought or should have bought X instead of letting people sweet talk me to buy Y’.

For luxury condo, generally, the rich do not mind even if their properties depreciate in value because they are paying for the ‘enjoyment’ value and don’t mind losing money ( they have too much to be very concerned).

For the case of twin vew buyers or the early bird buyers of project who subsequently dropped prices, we know what they would say.

For the mass market ones, if we are able to break this down, we can understand buyers’ reasoning and buying sentiments. in the last one year, property prices did not appreciate much as compared to FD or even bond rates, and given MAS forecast of economy, it would be interesting to see what lies ahead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.