Tudor black bay black

idolcritic

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
58,516
Reaction score
6,972
How come so much excitement?

i probably can't answer that properly since i'm not into this brand

but simple answers:

1) a 'new' black bay (Heritage Black Bay Black?) model was out recently and there was alot of online buzz. many watch enthusiasts were excited over it due to historical significance and all that...snowflake hands and similarity to vintage submariners? (according to watch articles, i not really sure)

2) black bay ONE limited edition sold for CHF375,000 at Only Watch charity auction, many times its retail price, thereby reinforcing the desirability of tudor bb
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
OK, now that tudor has announced the black bay with its new in-house movement, would you get the series I (with the tudor rose dial but ETA 2824 movement) or go for the series II (with the tudor shield dial with the new in-house movement)?

dilemma!!! :(
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
Obviously the new one. Old one just buy pre owned if can.

but some watch nerds are picking up the old one just because of the tudor rose logo on the dial ... some even say it'll be a collectable in future because of its very short production run of < 1 yr!

so how??? :(

or plonk down another 5-6k, get a rolex sub (no date), be done with it and be a one-watch man? :D
 

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
40,814
Reaction score
1,372

PiPiChew

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
40,814
Reaction score
1,372
OK, now that tudor has announced the black bay with its new in-house movement, would you get the series I (with the tudor rose dial but ETA 2824 movement) or go for the series II (with the tudor shield dial with the new in-house movement)?

dilemma!!! :(

Old one ETA easy to service anywhere.

New one better technology more modern lo.

If is me I take new one cos I always believe in innovation in watches.

Sent from 我有两粒Atapchee,又圆又大粒。
一粒给你一粒给我拿来Pak Goli。
有一天我不小心,掉进马桶里。
拿起来,洗一洗,放进嘴巴里。 using GAGT
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
If I were TS I buy. Tudor Black Bay Black is the newer version one, and they way I see is more value for money than say...IWC?

They dare (or rather are forced to) try new innovations and polish it etc before Rolex use such new innovations. Machiam guinea pig for Rolex, so must respect Tudor hor.

Sent from 我有两粒Atapchee,又圆又大粒。
一粒给你一粒给我拿来Pak Goli。
有一天我不小心,掉进马桶里。
拿起来,洗一洗,放进嘴巴里。 using GAGT

Old one ETA easy to service anywhere.

New one better technology more modern lo.

If is me I take new one cos I always believe in innovation in watches.

Sent from 我有两粒Atapchee,又圆又大粒。
一粒给你一粒给我拿来Pak Goli。
有一天我不小心,掉进马桶里。
拿起来,洗一洗,放进嘴巴里。 using GAGT

the key issue is the collectibility of the limited series I (which will cease production upon the release of in-house series II) because of the tudor rose on their dials (and the smiley 'self-winding' text)...
 

jericho75

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 24, 2013
Messages
90,457
Reaction score
18,745
now tudor sibeh hiong. MBS outdoor got one showroom. Still hire amdk to do entertainment :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top