UOB ONE Account

JetStorm

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2007
Messages
1,860
Reaction score
319
I usually just make a point to see my cc bill and do a future trf to uob one on bill payment date.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
 

foozgarden

Master Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
1
The 5x transactions for one card.
Is there a min for each transaction?

Use your uob one card to giro the keppel electric bill to get 5% rebate. Set up giro to pay your uob one card bill to make up for the 3rd giro transaction.
 

foozgarden

Master Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
1
Correct me if I am wrong.
One card rebates. No need Giro.
Only one account need Giro to qualify for rebates.

One card, need 5x transactions.

Hello, have been reading through the forum and just to consolidate and make it clear the difference between UOB One Account Interest and UOB One Card Rebates.

Account Interest:
3 Giro transactions to Account (not CC)
- ok to link it to institutions in the exclusion list for UOB One card.
$500 Credit Card Spend.

For this im doing:
- IRAS
- Keppel Electric
- Town Council

Card Rebates:
5 Credit Card transactions - $500/$1k/$2k
(institutions in the exclusion list does not count into the transaction count or the total expenditure)

For this im doing GIRO for
- M1 Bill
- Insurance
- SP utilities bill (additional rebate)

And lastly, auto-topup of Grab Credits using this card (additional rebate)

all the experts correct me i made any mistakes. otherwise, this should be helpful.
 

julianxie

Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2016
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I set up to pay my Uob credit card through giro from my one account. Is there any way to see if this arrangement is alr in place?
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Hi all, I set up to pay my Uob credit card through giro from my one account. Is there any way to see if this arrangement is alr in place?

on your statement, in the summary box on the last page. it will write payment via GIRO
 

speedcraft

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Anyone know if I pay other bank CC bills by online using UOB direct debit card. Is that consider in the $500 min. spending? Couldn't find this in the FAQ.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Anyone know if I pay other bank CC bills by online using UOB direct debit card. Is that consider in the $500 min. spending? Couldn't find this in the FAQ.
You using AXS online/app to pay? Stated in the TnC AXS excluded from the spending.
 

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
8,913
Reaction score
22
Questions -

1. How can I confirm what are the statement end dates used to calculate my UOB One Credit Card spending?

2. If I prepay my credit card (which I have a habit of paying bi-weekly), does that impact my transaction amount calculated for the purpose of UOB One credit card rebates?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Questions -

1. How can I confirm what are the statement end dates used to calculate my UOB One Credit Card spending?

2. If I prepay my credit card (which I have a habit of paying bi-weekly), does that impact my transaction amount calculated for the purpose of UOB One credit card rebates?

1. Check the rewards summary section of statement for the dates of the qualifying quarter.

2. No impact
 

yxphoon

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Question:
Sometime you no need to pay for utilities bill and Town Council (0 dollar bill) , will this affect the Giro requirement?


Correct me if I am wrong.
One card rebates. No need Giro.
Only one account need Giro to qualify for rebates.

One card, need 5x transactions.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Question:
Sometime you no need to pay for utilities bill and Town Council (0 dollar bill) , will this affect the Giro requirement?

Only successful Giro deductions count. $0 or not meet min amount for GIRO means unsuccessful deduction. Unsuccessful deduction not counted.
 
Last edited:

zzshi81

Member
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
I stumbled onto this thread while googling for info.

Maybe most of the ppl here already know what i’m going to share but i was a noob then (still is i guess), so i thought i should share my experience just in case the same thing might happen to somebody here.

An UOB banker called me and tell me about this UOB one account bonus interest thing.
I was keen so we meet up and she shared with me more on the bonus interest in details.
As one of the conditions is to hit $500 spending on the cc, she suggested for me to buy a saving plan which is $300 monthly and use the cc to pay for this saving plan.
This means i only need to clock another $200 myself to hit the $500.

The saving plan wasn’t under UOB but i didn’t really think too much since my original intention was to minimise the “effort” to enjoy the higher bonus interest.
It took me a while to realised that i could have just switch the payment method for my other existing insurance polices/bills to charge to my cc to have the same outcome (hitting the $500 spending)

But it’s too late since the free look period of that saving plan was already over when i realised.
I learnt my lesson for not doing more homework and stupidly trusted the banker that this was the only way help in hitting the $500.

Anyway when i contacted the banker, she had already left UOB and referred me to her colleague. I felt cheated but i guess nothing could be done now.
 

itfans

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Does top up Singtel Dash with One Card considered as valid transaction and counted for One Account bonus and quarterly One Card rebate? Thx
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top