UOB ONE Account

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Say my bill is $1000, and I opted for full payment via GIRO. If I paid $800 via other means before GIRO kicks in, will GIRO deduct $1000 or $200.
 

frustrateddude

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2012
Messages
1,638
Reaction score
0
Say my bill is $1000, and I opted for full payment via GIRO. If I paid $800 via other means before GIRO kicks in, will GIRO deduct $1000 or $200.

if u pay 5 working days before deduction date $200 will be deducted.
say due on 20 dec, try pay $800 by 11 dec
 

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
Say my bill is $1000, and I opted for full payment via GIRO. If I paid $800 via other means before GIRO kicks in, will GIRO deduct $1000 or $200.

It depends on:
1) what the billing organisation is;
2) when that $800 is paid.

If bill is $1000 and full payment opted,
1) organisations, such as AMEX and CIMB, will still deduct $1000 on statement date, regardless of what is subsequently paid;
2) organisations, such as DBS, UOB & OCBC, will deduct $200, provided that $800 has been paid and received 3 to 4 days before due date.
 
Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
It depends on:
1) what the billing organisation is;
2) when that $800 is paid.

If bill is $1000 and full payment opted,
1) organisations, such as AMEX and CIMB, will still deduct $1000 on statement date, regardless of what is subsequently paid;
2) organisations, such as DBS, UOB & OCBC, will deduct $200, provided that $800 has been paid and received 3 to 4 days before due date.

Thank you. Would it matter if the GIRO payment is made from other bank account eg OCBC 360, BOC etc
 

denial86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
8,528
Reaction score
0
It depends on:
1) what the billing organisation is;
2) when that $800 is paid.

If bill is $1000 and full payment opted,
1) organisations, such as AMEX and CIMB, will still deduct $1000 on statement date, regardless of what is subsequently paid;
2) organisations, such as DBS, UOB & OCBC, will deduct $200, provided that $800 has been paid and received 3 to 4 days before due date.

Wah Edwin you actually tested all ar? *thumbs up*
 

cazfaith

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
It depends on:
1) what the billing organisation is;
2) when that $800 is paid.

If bill is $1000 and full payment opted,
1) organisations, such as AMEX and CIMB, will still deduct $1000 on statement date, regardless of what is subsequently paid;
2) organisations, such as DBS, UOB & OCBC, will deduct $200, provided that $800 has been paid and received 3 to 4 days before due date.
I'm running out of giro to use too..

If I giro my UOB one CC to my UOB one account and spend $500 in total on my UOB one CC but I pay up $450 from my OCBC 360 savings account before this UOB giro kicks in.

Is this consider as fufulling the 2 sides? 1 giro deduction from UOB one and also 1 bill payment from OCBC 360?
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
I'm running out of giro to use too..

If I giro my UOB one CC to my UOB one account and spend $500 in total on my UOB one CC but I pay up $450 from my OCBC 360 savings account before this UOB giro kicks in.

Is this consider as fufulling the 2 sides? 1 giro deduction from UOB one and also 1 bill payment from OCBC 360?

yessssssss
 

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
I'm running out of giro to use too..

If I giro my UOB one CC to my UOB one account and spend $500 in total on my UOB one CC but I pay up $450 from my OCBC 360 savings account before this UOB giro kicks in.

Is this consider as fufulling the 2 sides? 1 giro deduction from UOB one and also 1 bill payment from OCBC 360?

Running out of GIRO? Simply apply additional cards, such as UOB Delight and/or UOB Privi Visa.
 

cazfaith

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
But if I dun use those cards then the giro deduction wun kick in right? So better not.
I plan to put UOB ONE CC as my main card for everything so I get to hit the monthly $500.. Certain mths easy but then again there are mths I dun even spend much at all..

Do I call UOB to check when giro for the CC would be deducted mthly? Then I can indicate in my calendar to make payment beforehand..

Thanks for all the patience in replying my queries guys! Really appreciate it.
 
Last edited:

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
But if I dun use those cards then the giro deduction wun kick in right? So better not.
I plan to put UOB ONE CC as my main card for everything so I get to hit the monthly $500.. Certain mths easy but then again there are mths I dun even spend much at all..

Do I call UOB to check when giro for the CC would be deducted mthly? Then I can indicate in my calendar to make payment beforehand..

Thanks for all the patience in replying my queries guys! Really appreciate it.

Try to use those cards by charging at least $20/month. In this way, GIRO takes effect without further monitoring. Making payment before hand runs the risk of making excessive payment such that GIRO will not be triggered at all.

Successful GIRO applications can be seen in UOB internet banking.
This may take 2-3 weeks (if UOB is the billing organisation), or 6-8 weeks (if a town council is the billing organisation).

3 billing organisations are not enough; 5 would be safer in case the unexpected happens.
 

cazfaith

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
When does giro deduction takes place for the UOB CC? Is there a fix date every month?
 

cazfaith

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Does UOB account comes with cash plus?
I got an SMS that says my cashplus application is successful but I didn't apply for any.
I opened a UOB account last week at the bank. Also submitted my application for a UOB One CC, which is still pending approval.
 

karmee

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Recently applied for one CC card with one account for high interest rate, but got rejected :eek:

Have been holding Prvi Miles AMEX for 3 years and spending like $80K every year ..... Checked my credit report, clean, and close to 2000 score ....

No clue what UOB is thinking:s11:, probably I should completely switch to another bank.

Any other high-interest accounts to consider? No plans to purchase new insurance etc.
 

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
When does giro deduction takes place for the UOB CC? Is there a fix date every month?


If the due date is 20th, UOB CC system will send out a signal - usually appearing as "AUTO PAYMENT ISSUED SGD 0.00" in internet banking - on or around 16th.

This is the signal that triggers the GIRO deduction, nett of all payments received.
For example, for a $1000 statement and if $800 has already been paid, then $200 is automatically triggered.

The $200 GIRO payment will be dated 20th and reflected in UOB CC internet banking the next day.
 

edwinttt1978

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2013
Messages
7,078
Reaction score
31
Recently applied for one CC card with one account for high interest rate, but got rejected :eek:

Have been holding Prvi Miles AMEX for 3 years and spending like $80K every year ..... Checked my credit report, clean, and close to 2000 score ....

No clue what UOB is thinking:s11:, probably I should completely switch to another bank.

Any other high-interest accounts to consider? No plans to purchase new insurance etc.

Next stop: BOC.
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,118
Reaction score
18,851
Try to use those cards by charging at least $20/month. In this way, GIRO takes effect without further monitoring. Making payment before hand runs the risk of making excessive payment such that GIRO will not be triggered at all.

Successful GIRO applications can be seen in UOB internet banking.
This may take 2-3 weeks (if UOB is the billing organisation), or 6-8 weeks (if a town council is the billing organisation).

3 billing organisations are not enough; 5 would be safer in case the unexpected happens.

if there were 5 cards from uob to intro, what would u choose?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top