UOB one card

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
UOB have the highest cash back 5% for all spend.
And just 3 transaction per mth.
So if plan carefully , quite ok to get the 5%. :(

Well I prefer using multiple cards to get 6 to 10% or more for all my spending (including those excluded by uob one) without having to force spending to $2000.
 
Last edited:

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,104
Reaction score
18,843
just curious, the UOB one quarterly max rebate is capped at $200, so isn't it better to have another card that can possibly give $70 per month? Is there something about the UOB one card that I'm missing?

isnt it 300 for those spending 2k x 3 mths?
 

zoossh

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
86,104
Reaction score
18,843
Well I prefer using multiple cards to get 6 to 10% or more for all my spending (including those excluded by uob one) without having to force spending to $2000.

that's a lot of hard work leh.

let me guess. u r using combi of singpost, dividend and cimb cc?
 

dolphins_rainbow

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
565
Reaction score
41
One CSO told me to follow statement dates, one told me another way.

CSO 1:
If 1st statement date is 12 April, then my 1st Quarter will be:
~12 April, ~12 May, ~12June.

So meaning if I spent today (7 June 16), should be consider in this quarter right?


CSO 2:
Account opened in March so my 1st Quarter is: Mar, Apr, May.
If I spend today is consider June.
And I should quickly spend now if I want to qualify for June, July, Aug rebates.


It's so confusing, I hope that I can get some enlightenment here. Thanks in advance!




*I can spend anytime cos I got banquet $$ to pay.

CSO 1 is correct. If u spend on 7 june it will be this quarter (June statement). If you spend on 13 June then it will be consider for next quarter (July statement).
 

midnightpapa

Banned
Joined
Aug 8, 2015
Messages
13,390
Reaction score
0
Banks have seasons too lol. Seems to be a lot of randomness in acceptance/rejection for all banks, not just Uob.

Yup, OCBC can reject my debit card application, yes, debit card.

in the end, used the ATM card with no visa anything one..
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
sry bro, where can i find it on my statement? :s22:

UOB%2BONE.jpg
 

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2000
Messages
37,479
Reaction score
1,561
Can I confirm for this One card, you need to spend $500 every month, for 3 months, to get a $30 cashback at the end of it? Isn't this lower than other banks offering 6-7% cashback and also more difficult to achieve?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Can I confirm for this One card, you need to spend $500 every month, for 3 months, to get a $30 cashback at the end of it? Isn't this lower than other banks offering 6-7% cashback and also more difficult to achieve?

But can spend on some things not covered under the categorical spending on other cards.
 

denial86

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
8,528
Reaction score
0
Can I confirm for this One card, you need to spend $500 every month, for 3 months, to get a $30 cashback at the end of it? Isn't this lower than other banks offering 6-7% cashback and also more difficult to achieve?

Is $50 not $30. Unless it changed without my knowing, lol.

This card is good for general users who don't like to have to use separate cards for different types of expenditures like groceries, dining, petrol, retail shopping, online shopping. You can use ONE card for everything muahaha.
 

Gamma~

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
439
Reaction score
6
For general spending, this card is actually same as DBS Altitude card yeah? It's just that this comes with cash rebates and the other comes with miles.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
For general spending, this card is actually same as DBS Altitude card yeah? It's just that this comes with cash rebates and the other comes with miles.

There are some exclusions on this card not on altitude card eg prepaid (including ezlink, nets flashpay)
 

Gamma~

Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
439
Reaction score
6
There are some exclusions on this card not on altitude card eg prepaid (including ezlink, nets flashpay)
By exclusions you mean to say that top-ups made for ezlink do not count towards their minimum spending criteria for the respective cashback tier ($50/$100 for $500/$1000)?
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
Can I confirm for this One card, you need to spend $500 every month, for 3 months, to get a $30 cashback at the end of it? Isn't this lower than other banks offering 6-7% cashback and also more difficult to achieve?
Less limits on category.

I find it quite hard to spend on single type of item for $500-$700.
 

bluewave

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
406
Reaction score
1
hmmm are ur records ok? i make it a point to pay my 3 other cards from other banks in full every single month. also, they gave me a link to submit my cpf contributions online and i did it the same day.

in fact already received my card and activated them. from applying to receiving my card, it took about 10 to 11 days.

That's very long. They advertised on their website that if you apply online with supporting documents, you will get it within the same day. I thought that was impressive, given that Citibank has on-the-spot approval. But Citibank's offerings are not really as good.

Totally not true! I sent my documents in 2 days ago, but have not gotten any status confirmation. The worse thing is the CSO gave me an incorrect email address. And their was no confirmation that my email was received.

I'm thinking of OCBC 365 but it seems like UOB One Card with the One Account is still better.

Anyone here didn't manage to get their card fee waived even with $500 - $1000K monthly spending and UOB one account?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top