UOB one card

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
New to this card so got a few question.

What is the recommended way of paying for the one card(GIRO/iBanking)?

If paying through iBanking by scheduling a recurring payment from one account, which day near the end of the month is safe to ensure one card's bill is paid on time? (To keep
average daily balance of one account as high as possible)

Thanks in advance!
 

Chua Zhiming

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
2,437
Reaction score
3
New to this card so got a few question.

What is the recommended way of paying for the one card(GIRO/iBanking)?

If paying through iBanking by scheduling a recurring payment from one account, which day near the end of the month is safe to ensure one card's bill is paid on time? (To keep
average daily balance of one account as high as possible)

Thanks in advance!

I am also new, i have signed up for giro payment to pay One card via One account, think this is the easiest, i did it via Ibanking application.

Depends on your billing cycle, mine is 1st to end of the month, bill payment date is 21st. Now waiting to see which date is the giro pay date.
 

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Messages
18,466
Reaction score
1,027
I am also new, i have signed up for giro payment to pay One card via One account, think this is the easiest, i did it via Ibanking application.

Depends on your billing cycle, mine is 1st to end of the month, bill payment date is 21st. Now waiting to see which date is the giro pay date.

Is paying One Credit Card bill considered as Giro?
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
I am also new, i have signed up for giro payment to pay One card via One account, think this is the easiest, i did it via Ibanking application.

Depends on your billing cycle, mine is 1st to end of the month, bill payment date is 21st. Now waiting to see which date is the giro pay date.

You signed up for the GIRO payment through iBanking?
 

Heyland

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2016
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Does paying road tax on one motoring using uob one card qualify for the quarterly cash rebate?
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
New to this card so got a few question.

What is the recommended way of paying for the one card(GIRO/iBanking)?

If paying through iBanking by scheduling a recurring payment from one account, which day near the end of the month is safe to ensure one card's bill is paid on time? (To keep
average daily balance of one account as high as possible)

Thanks in advance!
Apply for GIRO deduction to pay via UOB ONE account. It will be a qualifying GIRO payment. Deduction is now done a day before payment due date if I do not recall wrongly.
 

Chua Zhiming

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
2,437
Reaction score
3
You signed up for the GIRO payment through iBanking?

Yes. Through UOB internet banking can apply for Giro deduction for UOB One credit card bills via UOB One account.

Just called in yesterday and CSO said even though my Giro application approved 1 week ago, it cannot be used for 21 May deduction, only for 21 June deduction. I wrote in to appeal and still waiting for their response. I need it to hit my 3 Giro transactions a month. :(
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
Yes. Through UOB internet banking can apply for Giro deduction for UOB One credit card bills via UOB One account.

Just called in yesterday and CSO said even though my Giro application approved 1 week ago, it cannot be used for 21 May deduction, only for 21 June deduction. I wrote in to appeal and still waiting for their response. I need it to hit my 3 Giro transactions a month. :(

Ah ok thanks. Guess I will continue to credit salary to this account 1st
 

myth_shenhua

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
386
Reaction score
4
Hi all, thinking of using this card for large purchases. I understand that if you spend $2k for 3 consecutive months, one will be eligible for 5% cash back on total of $6k. My question is then, is ithe 3 months based on calendar quarter or rolling basis? I got my card this month (May) and am not sure if I will get the rebate if I spend in May, June, and July
 

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
9,805
Reaction score
66
Hi all, thinking of using this card for large purchases. I understand that if you spend $2k for 3 consecutive months, one will be eligible for 5% cash back on total of $6k. My question is then, is ithe 3 months based on calendar quarter or rolling basis? I got my card this month (May) and am not sure if I will get the rebate if I spend in May, June, and July

I just got my card as well. Hence qualifying quarter is May, Jun, July. CSO said can be prorated i.e. only Jun and July will be qualified. My statement date is 10th, so spending from now till 10th Jun will be qualifed for the Jun cycle.

Sounds weird to me cos i thought spending from now till 10th Jun should be considered as May spend. But verified this with the CSO.

 

happening

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2007
Messages
252
Reaction score
10
I just got my card as well. Hence qualifying quarter is May, Jun, July. CSO said can be prorated i.e. only Jun and July will be qualified. My statement date is 10th, so spending from now till 10th Jun will be qualifed for the Jun cycle.

Sounds weird to me cos i thought spending from now till 10th Jun should be considered as May spend. But verified this with the CSO.

I also just received my card and the CSO told me my statement cycle has already started on 2 May. So if I can't clock $2k for this cycle but manage to do so for the other 2 cycles I can appeal for full $300 cash rebate. I think it makes sense as they would also want to be fair to those who receive the card near the end of the first cycle and not only use it 2 months later.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I also just received my card and the CSO told me my statement cycle has already started on 2 May. So if I can't clock $2k for this cycle but manage to do so for the other 2 cycles I can appeal for full $300 cash rebate. I think it makes sense as they would also want to be fair to those who receive the card near the end of the first cycle and not only use it 2 months later.

If you clocked $2000 for the other 2 cycles, you should get $200. This prorated scheme for first quarter is stated in the TnC.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top