UOB one card

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
13,367
Reaction score
1,539
May I ask those who know, how does the 6% rebate for payment to Singapore Power using its app works?

Let's say my utility bill is $30+$40+$0 for my quarterly rebate period, does that mean I get 6% of $70 back in the 4th month? I am assuming I already hit the $500 min spend for all the months. Thanks
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
It’s up to 6%. So the first part depends on which rebate tier you get. It can be 3.33% ($500 or $1000 spend per month in the quarter) or 5% ($2000 spend per month in the quarter). Then you’ll get another additional 1% rebate on top of the quarter rebates.

May I ask those who know, how does the 6% rebate for payment to Singapore Power using its app works?

Let's say my utility bill is $30+$40+$0 for my quarterly rebate period, does that mean I get 6% of $70 back in the 4th month? I am assuming I already hit the $500 min spend for all the months. Thanks
 

coranyge

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
2,131
Reaction score
9
What happen if I choose to make payment of my SP bill via CC but also have GIRO arrangement setup with SP already? (Usually deducted on 28th of the month).

Will SP deduct the amount again from my GIRO? Reluctant to cancel my GIRO arrangement with SP...
 

Jyvonchi

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2019
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
What happen if I choose to make payment of my SP bill via CC but also have GIRO arrangement setup with SP already? (Usually deducted on 28th of the month).

Will SP deduct the amount again from my GIRO? Reluctant to cancel my GIRO arrangement with SP...

Once you make cc payment with post date before the deduction date, GIRO will not deduct.
 

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2000
Messages
57,026
Reaction score
11,596
think this may asked b4 but just to confirm
insurance payment is counted as eligible tx?
 

otahman

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
699
Reaction score
3
For grab TOP up and str8 deduct from card same right? Y my Friend say dun TOP up better?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,776
Reaction score
2,756
think this may asked b4 but just to confirm
insurance payment is counted as eligible tx?

Prudential apparently yes. I testing it out this month. Remember a couple of years ago, it is counted. Not sure if got other insurer accept payment by credit card or not..
 

Ronaldo_7

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
38,153
Reaction score
32
Hello all,

Currently have 3 insurance premium and will add 2 more on my own to Male the 5 transactions. Have one account and the card. Wish to ask how does the credit of payment from last statement affect the total spend amount?

Thank you
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
Hello all,

Currently have 3 insurance premium and will add 2 more on my own to Male the 5 transactions. Have one account and the card. Wish to ask how does the credit of payment from last statement affect the total spend amount?

Thank you

Are u referring to refunds back to the card or rebates?

Posted from PCWX using XWCP
 

Ronaldo_7

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
38,153
Reaction score
32
Are u referring to refunds back to the card or rebates?

Posted from PCWX using XWCP

Hmm.. I meant to say.. for example.. I have 600 dollars to pay with my cc in my statement. Then I made payment of my outstanding in last statement (say 400) which will be reflected in this latest statement. How will uob take the total spent amount in order to give the rebate? Or the payment of outstanding bill will not be taken into acct? Sorry new to cc and still trying to figure out. Thanks
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
Hmm.. I meant to say.. for example.. I have 600 dollars to pay with my cc in my statement. Then I made payment of my outstanding in last statement (say 400) which will be reflected in this latest statement. How will uob take the total spent amount in order to give the rebate? Or the payment of outstanding bill will not be taken into acct? Sorry new to cc and still trying to figure out. Thanks

As far as I know, rebates are given according to what you spent, not what you paid to the final credit card bill (e.g. you spent 500, but choose to pay 400 for whatever reason although not advisable due to high interest). Of course if you made any refunds, it will reverse the spending made.

UOB One card rebate is by quarter, so you need to meet the respective spending (i.e. More than $500 less than $1000 per month for 3 month to qualify for $50 rebate) for the quarter. If yours is a new card, the 1st quarter will be prorated. You can call the customer service officer to find out about the information on your quarter.
 
Last edited:

Ronaldo_7

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
38,153
Reaction score
32
As far as I know, rebates are given according to what you spent, not what you paid to the final credit card bill (e.g. you spent 500, but choose to pay 400 for whatever reason although not advisable due to high interest). Of course if you made any refunds, it will reverse the spending made.

UOB One card rebate is by quarter, so you need to meet the respective spending (i.e. More than $500 less than $1000 per month for 3 month to qualify for $50 rebate) for the quarter. If yours is a new card, the 1st quarter will be prorated. You can call the customer service officer to find out about the information on your quarter.

Thanks! Will call to clarify :)
 

otahman

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
699
Reaction score
3
Does the grab transaction count toward the normal spending? Example I spent 1500 on other retail thing and 500 on grab top up. So my spending for that month is 2000 or 1500? Cos I understand grab got extra 5% cash rebate but dunno count toward the normal spending needed for that month.
 

Disaresta

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
1,575
Reaction score
445
Does the grab transaction count toward the normal spending? Example I spent 1500 on other retail thing and 500 on grab top up. So my spending for that month is 2000 or 1500? Cos I understand grab got extra 5% cash rebate but dunno count toward the normal spending needed for that month.

It is eligible, so 2000.
 

kurt111494

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
3,737
Reaction score
417
As far as I know, rebates are given according to what you spent, not what you paid to the final credit card bill (e.g. you spent 500, but choose to pay 400 for whatever reason although not advisable due to high interest). Of course if you made any refunds, it will reverse the spending made.

UOB One card rebate is by quarter, so you need to meet the respective spending (i.e. More than $500 less than $1000 per month for 3 month to qualify for $50 rebate) for the quarter. If yours is a new card, the 1st quarter will be prorated. You can call the customer service officer to find out about the information on your quarter.

Just to clarify, the rebate will be automatically obtained and will automatically offset the next month's bill?

Are the quarters by calendar quarters? e.g. receive rebate in April for Jan-Mar?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Just to clarify, the rebate will be automatically obtained and will automatically offset the next month's bill?

Are the quarters by calendar quarters? e.g. receive rebate in April for Jan-Mar?

Yes auto obtained if met the tiered spending and min 5 transactions for all 3 statement months in the quarter, auto offset subsequent bill at end of 4th month statement onwards.

The quarter may not be by calendar quarter, you need to check your statement (under rewards summary) for the qualifying quarter or call uob to enquire.
 

goldlink

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2019
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Yes I Wan change to calendar quarter call uob they say cannot
Yes, I have had friends who tried to do that but you can't due to the month that your card was approved.

Just remember your qualifying periods and spread your spendings. lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top