UOB one card

kurt111494

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
3,737
Reaction score
417
Actually I'm kinda wondering why some people here are unable to waive the annual fee while the others are able to (assuming all spend at least ~$500 a month)...could it also depend on the amount an individual is keeping with UOB? aka the higher the amount, the more likely the fee gets waived...
 

acewind

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2004
Messages
516
Reaction score
15
How does the additional cash back for shopee works with UOB ONE card?

Eg. For 3 months I spend $1000 on shopee with more than 5 transaction per month.
I will receive $100 (normal cash back) plus $150 (additional cash back)?
 

Froggyman

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
912
Reaction score
112
To use this card for transportation (tapping at bus and MRT), no need to register right?
Just tap the card will do?
Thanks.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,821
Reaction score
2,771
To use this card for transportation (tapping at bus and MRT), no need to register right?
Just tap the card will do?
Thanks.

no need. just need to change to bank mode at one of the top-up stations.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,821
Reaction score
2,771
dun think there is cepas wallet on the card, so no need change to bank mode

no need to change to bank mode. Just tap and use.
Same for apple pay (on mrt) , just add and tap n use.

ah, i probably confused with my other card - SC unlimited. then again, now using gPay and added the UOB card, so much more convenient (no need to take out physical card even).
 

Alwaysb

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
979
Reaction score
6
I wanted to switch electricity provider. Any restriction to pay using this card? Other than sp services, others can charge?
 

sunkist77

Master Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
3,336
Reaction score
78
Hi All - did any of you get a positive reply from UOB on the addition rebates especially shopee purchases? I have been waiting for their reply since early this month
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,821
Reaction score
2,771
Hi All - did any of you get a positive reply from UOB on the addition rebates especially shopee purchases? I have been waiting for their reply since early this month

the CSO said will contact me back "within 3 to 5 working days" but it's been more than a week and no sound from him... kinda give up already actually.

I am testing out the possibility that shopee purchases which are partially paid using shopee coins are the ones affected (and not shopeepay which was the reason UOB gave). it seems to be the ones that got posted in CAPS ("SHOPEE SINGAPORE MP SINGAPORE SG"). if you don't use shopee coins to offset the purchase, it will not appear in CAPS ("Shopee - Singapore SINGAPORE SG").

but will take another 3 months to know the outcome when they calculate the additional rebates for the next quarter.

so for now i'm just treating it as a scam by UOB to promote shopee when actually there's no additional rebate. disappointing that they're not transparent or upfront with this matter.

sounds like you're the 4th victim:
1. zenical
2. dynlim
3. myself
4. you
(and several more on some telegram group - which I'm not in)
 
Last edited:

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
15,461
Reaction score
4
I did not use shopee coins, so I think we can rule that out.

Seems to me like it's totally random.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,821
Reaction score
2,771
I did not use shopee coins, so I think we can rule that out.

Seems to me like it's totally random.

are you the 5th victim here? :s13:

just wondering, did you use any voucher or anything like that? and was the transaction posted in CAPS ("SHOPEE SINGAPORE MP SINGAPORE SG") or small ("Shopee - Singapore SINGAPORE SG")?
 

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
15,461
Reaction score
4
are you the 5th victim here? :s13:

just wondering, did you use any voucher or anything like that? and was the transaction posted in CAPS ("SHOPEE SINGAPORE MP SINGAPORE SG") or small ("Shopee - Singapore SINGAPORE SG")?

I've made a post on it earlier.

I have these different transactions under the same item that I bought multiple times during NOV 2020 - JAN 2021. No, I didn't use any voucher or sorts, paid full amount.

NOV 2020
  • Shopee - Singapore SINGAPORE
  • SHOPEE SINGAPORE SINGAPORE
DEC 2020
  • SHOPEE SINGAPORE SINGAPORE
  • SHOPEE SINGAPORE DP SINGAPORE
JAN 2021
  • SHOPEE SINGAPORE DP SINGAPORE
  • SHOPEE SINGAPORE MP SINGAPORE
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top