UOB one card

halden87

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Anyone using One Card UOB to earn rebates for CardUp transactions such as rent? Are the transactions with CardUp eligible for the quarterly cashback?
Thanks.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
Anyone using One Card UOB to earn rebates for CardUp transactions such as rent? Are the transactions with CardUp eligible for the quarterly cashback?
Thanks.
Business rent coded as MCC 6513 (which is excluded), I cant speak for personal rent.
 

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
6,200
knn, just checked with the bank, Safra is under government services, MCC 9399. Please avoid using the card to spend at Safra. My bonus interest for last month no more.
wtf, i just bought some vouchers at Safra. Thanks for the headup.

Edit: I call up UOB and confirmed SAFRA not eligible.
 
Last edited:

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
actually when did you try and got mcc 6513. only got mcc 7399 when I check here https://www.visa.com/supplierlocator-app/app/#/home/supplier-locator
Tried and tested for business rent (with promo codes). I can't speak for personal rent payment.
In fact, when Ipaymy had promo for rent, the first thing I asked, is for the MCC, and they also claimed to be for MCC 6513 (for business rent). Of the few years of rent payment, only 1 time did cardup gave the wrong MCC of 7399.

Anyone who wants to try, should email provider to check MCC before even trying. I believe they use MCC 7399 for all, except rent. Esp with promo codes, Cardup business rent promo is only 0.8% fee (compared to normal rates of 2.6%).
 

logicet

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Have a query for quarterly rebate and hope gurus can assist.

Scenario as below:

  1. Jan -2k, Feb - 2K, Mar - 2K, rebate comes in at $300 in April.
  2. To maintain the next quarter rebate at also $300 in July, does one have to spend 2.3K in April so it registers as 2K or one do not have to?
 

otahman

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
699
Reaction score
3
Hi all,

Have a query for quarterly rebate and hope gurus can assist.

Scenario as below:

  1. Jan -2k, Feb - 2K, Mar - 2K, rebate comes in at $300 in April.
  2. To maintain the next quarter rebate at also $300 in July, does one have to spend 2.3K in April so it registers as 2K or one do not have to?
1. yes
2. dun need just spend 2k
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,719
Reaction score
2,646
Anyone knows if payment to policypal is considered “insurance” under MCC and if it is excluded under any known categories?
 

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
wtf, i just bought some vouchers at Safra. Thanks for the headup.

Edit: I call up UOB and confirmed SAFRA not eligible.

I actually contacted SAFRA regarding their MCC code, their reply was they are under military-related organization not government services and the classification of the MCC is assigned by the bank. I remember last time used to be eligible as I bought vouchers from Safra Treat and Deals using UOB One card, so must be quite recent the code is changed.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
I actually contacted SAFRA regarding their MCC code, their reply was they are under military-related organization not government services and the classification of the MCC is assigned by the bank. I remember last time used to be eligible as I bought vouchers from Safra Treat and Deals using UOB One card, so must be quite recent the code is changed.
last time is when? The exclusion list has been updated periodically. Anyway dun think there is military related MCC, closest is government, think the MCC has not changed, it is the card exclusions that changed.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
I actually contacted SAFRA regarding their MCC code, their reply was they are under military-related organization not government services and the classification of the MCC is assigned by the bank. I remember last time used to be eligible as I bought vouchers from Safra Treat and Deals using UOB One card, so must be quite recent the code is changed.
has been govt mcc for a while, when i registered for SAFRA run in 2018 on SAFRA website the MCC alr return govt mcc.
 

seatore

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
How did u all check under which MCC is excluded since the rebate only come in after 3 mths?
 

textshitpost

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
79
Reaction score
6
I just find it hilarious tht my
uobone mastercard debit replacement for a card I did in april last yr, still says it's pursent under licence frm visa. also I think all mastercards are cheap printed text while all visa hv shiny metal text, the good thing abt the cheap text being tht u can collect on the spot if u apply at branch

also, uob app need android8 while ocbc runs on android6(which redmi note 4 and leeco are stuck on), ocbc also let u lock card while uob need to cancel, but apparently uob will soon let u lock card with a upcoming app update, dash visa prepaid is probably the best since the 1 time I used it, it didn't need to send a otp sms, which is probably the only reason I pay for a phn№
 
Last edited:

Cumzilla

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2002
Messages
3,365
Reaction score
216
last time is when? The exclusion list has been updated periodically. Anyway dun think there is military related MCC, closest is government, think the MCC has not changed, it is the card exclusions that changed.

2019. Maybe Safra Treat and Deals different MCC? I bought shaw movie tickets from there using UOB card and the transaction was eligible, or maybe only for bonus interest and not quarterly rebate...
 

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
8,343
Reaction score
4,284
Any pro can advise whether the fees/charges by cardup or ipaymy are included in the count of $500,$1000 or $2000?
 

halden87

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I've checked with iPayMy, their MCC code for any rentals are MCC 6513 which are under exclusion list in UOB One Card. So I suppose rent is not eligible if you use UOB One Card with iPayMy for rental expenses
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top