UOB one card

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
I've checked with iPayMy, their MCC code for any rentals are MCC 6513 which are under exclusion list in UOB One Card. So I suppose rent is not eligible if you use UOB One Card with iPayMy for rental expenses
not sure about ipaymy but i'm using cardup and rental is included (as advertised).

in fact cardup is getting more 'friendly' with more and more features being accepted as eligible transactions based on their advertisement.
 

Sethisfy

Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
191
Reaction score
2
not sure about ipaymy but i'm using cardup and rental is included (as advertised).

in fact cardup is getting more 'friendly' with more and more features being accepted as eligible transactions based on their advertisement.
CardUp still on 7399 so should still work
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
not sure about ipaymy but i'm using cardup and rental is included (as advertised).

in fact cardup is getting more 'friendly' with more and more features being accepted as eligible transactions based on their advertisemen ultimately it's the MCc

not sure about ipaymy but i'm using cardup and rental is included (as advertised).

in fact cardup is getting more 'friendly' with more and more features being accepted as eligible transactions based on their advertisement.
Ultimately it's the mcc code coming from merchant that will be crucial to determine the cashback eligibility. Diff company diff style. So always be on the feets especially if mcc changes (if any)
 

taotato

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
296
Reaction score
4
not sure about ipaymy but i'm using cardup and rental is included (as advertised).

in fact cardup is getting more 'friendly' with more and more features being accepted as eligible transactions based on their advertisement.

CardUp still on 7399 so should still work
Hi, do you use promo code for these rental transactions ? I heard that the MCC code is different if use promo code. Not sure if it's really the case. Thanks
 

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
15,732
Reaction score
485
Anybody got tally last few month uob one shopee extra 5%, correct?
for my jan-mar statement, uob acknowledged shortfall credit but take 2 months or more didnt "processing"
 

rootbeer

Suspended
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
38
Regarding shopee pay, does anyone know if topping up ShopeePay will qualify as the transaction for (original) rebates?

I know it's not qualified for the extra 5% Marketplace rebate.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
Anybody got tally last few month uob one shopee extra 5%, correct?
for my jan-mar statement, uob acknowledged shortfall credit but take 2 months or more didnt "processing"
it's a known issue (at least in this forum). i got mine rectified after one month of calling and writing emails.

will have another chance to see if they have rectified at their source when my next additional rebates are credited end of this month (for Feb - Apr).
 

nintendog

Junior Member
Joined
May 10, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
5
I've checked with iPayMy, their MCC code for any rentals are MCC 6513 which are under exclusion list in UOB One Card. So I suppose rent is not eligible if you use UOB One Card with iPayMy for rental expenses
Got the cash back with ipaymy rental until last cycle so far
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
i got a feeling that the claim about not being eligible for rebate / different MCC if using promo code is probably half-truth. so far I've been using cardup promo codes since late last year when they release one code after another.. and after applying all those codes to reduce the admin fees, the transactions were still eligible for rebate.

at least that's my experience with cardup so far.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
i got a feeling that the claim about not being eligible for rebate / different MCC if using promo code is probably half-truth. so far I've been using cardup promo codes since late last year when they release one code after another.. and after applying all those codes to reduce the admin fees, the transactions were still eligible for rebate.

at least that's my experience with cardup so far.
I can say the MCC issue I observed is more of ppl paying rent. All other payments are ok. Only rental payments need to be careful. I don't pay rent so I cannot give my advice.
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,829
Reaction score
2,774
I can say the MCC issue I observed is more of ppl paying rent. All other payments are ok. Only rental payments need to be careful. I don't pay rent so I cannot give my advice.
Hmm. I just think it doesn't make sense for them (cardup or ipaymy) to promote the use of promo codes at the expense of the entire transaction not being eligible for the card rebate with the bank.

the basic purpose of using cardup/ipaymy is to let them charge the bank using a MCC which is eligible for the card holder's cashback/rebate. so if the basic purpose is not met, I wonder what's the point (of using cardup/ipaymy) in the first place...
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Hmm. I just think it doesn't make sense for them (cardup or ipaymy) to promote the use of promo codes at the expense of the entire transaction not being eligible for the card rebate with the bank.

the basic purpose of using cardup/ipaymy is to let them charge the bank using a MCC which is eligible for the card holder's cashback/rebate. so if the basic purpose is not met, I wonder what's the point (of using cardup/ipaymy) in the first place...
We dunno what's going on behind the scenes. They may have some agreements with banks for rental cannot earn miles/rebates on the basis that users enjoying a smaller fee. But this defeats the purpose as I can't visualise someone paying a fee to use their service and not reaping any rewards. It's a strange thing. Someone interested may want to drop both their CS a email and ask if this affects your rental payments.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
Hmm. I just think it doesn't make sense for them (cardup or ipaymy) to promote the use of promo codes at the expense of the entire transaction not being eligible for the card rebate with the bank.

It depends. At least for business account, I do have a representative who claims that with (business) promo codes, I'm not eligible for credit card points. MCC was still the same as before (6513 for rent and 7399 for others), and my points coming in proved otherwise.
 

Asure7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
5,168
Reaction score
275
Hmm now can link credit card to google pay...
So if use google pay to charge to credit card, does it still count towards the rebates?
I reckon statement will put merchant as “Google Pay” instead?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Hmm now can link credit card to google pay...
So if use google pay to charge to credit card, does it still count towards the rebates?
I reckon statement will put merchant as “Google Pay” instead?
googlepay is just a medium of paying, no change to the merchant or merchant category code if pay via googlepay.
 

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2001
Messages
12,719
Reaction score
2,646
If I hit $500 in a single transaction, can the remaining 4 be amount of $0.10 from the same merchant?

thinking of paying my telco bill 4 times
 

Asure7

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
5,168
Reaction score
275
googlepay is just a medium of paying, no change to the merchant or merchant category code if pay via googlepay.

thanks for clarification!

wonder if can use credit card thru googlepay, if the shop don't accept CC but can use googlepay QR... will give it a try
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top