UOB one card

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
At least 2k per mth for the past 1 year and paid up on time every mth through auto GIRO deduction. Not sure is it because I haven't paid my outstanding bills for the current statement.
I also haven't paid my May statement.. using GIRO also. guess it's best you talk to a CSO. good luck!
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Was yours recently? It only mention will call back.
DO u have any installment plan ongoing?

Last year I'm stuck with 0% IPP and waiver was rejected although it's my salary credit bank , can't recall my spending for the year.
When the CSO called, I told him I wish to terminate my card and his replies was firm and I was given 2 options.
1. Settle the balance IPP of $200 to $300 with $150 early repayment fees.
2. Apply for loan and they will assist to submit my waiver for approval.

I choose option 1 as the differences between early repayment and card fees is approx $42.60 and I can use the card for another year for Shopee / Lazada vouchers.

This year I use the automated request for waiver and surprisingly, it was approval in a day or two and my spending is definitely low as I do not get any cash back for the whole year.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
DO u have any installment plan ongoing?

Last year I'm stuck with 0% IPP and waiver was rejected although it's my salary credit bank , can't recall my spending for the year.
When the CSO called, I told him I wish to terminate my card and his replies was firm and I was given 2 options.
1. Settle the balance IPP of $200 to $300 with $150 early repayment fees.
2. Apply for loan and they will assist to submit my waiver for approval.

I choose option 1 as the differences between early repayment and card fees is approx $42.60 and I can use the card for another year for Shopee / Lazada vouchers.

This year I use the automated request for waiver and surprisingly, it was approval in a day or two and my spending is definitely low as I do not get any cash back for the whole year.
Hmmm. Could it be UOB don't waive for big spenders ? Mine was waived on the spot through automated call in Apr 2021. I hardly use the card from Jul 2020 to Mar 2021.
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
Hmmm. Could it be UOB don't waive for big spenders ? Mine was waived on the spot through automated call in Apr 2021. I hardly use the card from Jul 2020 to Mar 2021.
Don’t think so.
You can cancel your card if you are not tied to any outstanding loan or installment.

From their website.
One Card Fees:
Enjoy automatic waiver of annual fee waiver on the anniversary date with a minimum spend of S$12,000.
 

deathman91

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
15,461
Reaction score
4
I also haven't paid my May statement.. using GIRO also. guess it's best you talk to a CSO. good luck!
Just curious how's your spending like on the card?
Last year I'm stuck with 0% IPP and waiver was rejected although it's my salary credit bank , can't recall my spending for the year.
When the CSO called, I told him I wish to terminate my card and his replies was firm and I was given 2 options.
1. Settle the balance IPP of $200 to $300 with $150 early repayment fees.
2. Apply for loan and they will assist to submit my waiver for approval.

I choose option 1 as the differences between early repayment and card fees is approx $42.60 and I can use the card for another year for Shopee / Lazada vouchers.

This year I use the automated request for waiver and surprisingly, it was approval in a day or two and my spending is definitely low as I do not get any cash back for the whole year.
No I don't have any loan or installment plan with UOB.
Hmmm. Could it be UOB don't waive for big spenders ? Mine was waived on the spot through automated call in Apr 2021. I hardly use the card from Jul 2020 to Mar 2021.
I am also wondering, are banks more likely to waive fees for inactive user?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
Just curious how's your spending like on the card?
From their website.
One Card Fees:
Enjoy automatic waiver of annual fee waiver on the anniversary date with a minimum spend of S$12,000.

$1.5k of my $2k spend is on cardup... for a couple of insurance plans. other than that it's just lose payments here and there.

looks like one of us has shared the criteria for automatic waiver - $12k per year? That should be easily met if you clock $2k per month... so shouldn't be a problem getting the waiver. maybe they're just dragging the matter :)
 

CrashWire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2000
Messages
5,950
Reaction score
811
From their website.
One Card Fees:
Enjoy automatic waiver of annual fee waiver on the anniversary date with a minimum spend of S$12,000.
Just realised how misleading this is, because I just had to call in this month to request the waiver, even when I met the minimum spend.

That was not "automatic".
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
anyone haven get the rebate? i hit 2000 for the quarter feb mar april but mayb still nv get
Just got time to check my account, mine also Feb-Apr. I received the additional rebate, but not the quarterly rebate. Will call on Monday and check. Only possible scenario is that cardup not counted.
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Just got time to check my account, mine also Feb-Apr. I received the additional rebate, but not the quarterly rebate. Will call on Monday and check. Only possible scenario is that cardup not counted.
Guess you did not make any spend in May, the quarterly rebate should be reflected in your rewards to be redeemed in your future spend.
 

fone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
5,183
Reaction score
19
Guess you did not make any spend in May, the quarterly rebate should be reflected in your rewards to be redeemed in your future spend.
Yes, you are right. Just did the chat services and they confirmed this. Under internet banking, it states the rebate is there, but not posted as nothing to offset. First time I'm not spending in a quarter.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
Yes, you are right. Just did the chat services and they confirmed this. Under internet banking, it states the rebate is there, but not posted as nothing to offset. First time I'm not spending in a quarter.
The rebates can always be seen in the 4th month in 2 ways. Either via 1) iBanking showing under rebates section in a box and; 2) cashback summary towards the end of the statement.

It only gets utilised only when you spend, no spending no utilisation there won't be any credit entries on the card. Normally people that continuously spend without gap quarters will see the actual rebate seen credited in the 5th month statement (2 bills after a quarter of 3 bills).
 

Moreau

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
5,863
Reaction score
0
Today I received an sms from UOB telling me I got rebate of $86.66 credited to my account. Is this the shopee rebate? I called up UOB previously about the missing shopee rebates and they told me they having technical issues so once resolved it will be auto credited to my account. Anyone received similar sms?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Today I received an sms from UOB telling me I got rebate of $86.66 credited to my account. Is this the shopee rebate? I called up UOB previously about the missing shopee rebates and they told me they having technical issues so once resolved it will be auto credited to my account. Anyone received similar sms?
you can ask uob?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
Today I received an sms from UOB telling me I got rebate of $86.66 credited to my account. Is this the shopee rebate? I called up UOB previously about the missing shopee rebates and they told me they having technical issues so once resolved it will be auto credited to my account. Anyone received similar sms?
Yes... it's their SOP to send customers SMS to inform them the amount of rebate for the quarter... (3.33%/5% + bonus 5%, if any).

You'll receive 1 month after the end of a quarter. Say if your quarter is Feb - Apr, you'll get the SMS on 1 June.
 

Moreau

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
5,863
Reaction score
0
Yes I asked UOB, cos since the start of their collaboration till now, I have not received a single rebate from shopee. Is it because I failed to clock the min 500/500/500?
 

Moreau

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
5,863
Reaction score
0
Yes... it's their SOP to send customers SMS to inform them the amount of rebate for the quarter... (3.33%/5% + bonus 5%, if any).

You'll receive 1 month after the end of a quarter. Say if your quarter is Feb - Apr, you'll get the SMS on 1 June.
Let’s say if you failed to hit the qtr qualifying spend but you still spend on shopee/grab, will uob still send you the sms to inform you of the rebate? Or you will just outright not qualify for all rebates earned from spending on shopee/grab ?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,830
Reaction score
2,777
Let’s say if you failed to hit the qtr qualifying spend but you still spend on shopee/grab, will uob still send you the sms to inform you of the rebate? Or you will just outright not qualify for all rebates earned from spending on shopee/grab ?
I'm afraid you need to meet the min. qualifying spend ($500/mth) first before you can collect the additional rebate for shopee..

1Cardmembers who have been awarded the quarterly cashback will get an additional 5% cashback on the total Dairy Farm Singapore such as Cold Storage, Giant, Guardian, 7-Eleven, Marketplace, Jasons, Jasons Deli, Grab (excludes mobile wallet top-ups), Shopee Singapore transactions (excludes ShopeePay) and UOB Travel (excludes online and flight only bookings) transactions successfully charged and posted to the Card Account in each statement month.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top