UOB one card

Kixon9

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2016
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Hi all, can I check that UOB One card 5 transactions can be the same merchant? I intend to pay my starhub bill 5 times.
 

item2sell

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
16,837
Reaction score
6,200
Hi all, can I check that UOB One card 5 transactions can be the same merchant? I intend to pay my starhub bill 5 times.

I pay singtel using 3 transactions.

But 3 transactions all different bills, not same bill.
 

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
sent an email to UOB asking why i didn't receive the $300 rebates which was supposed to be credited on 15 Mar 2018.

i checked all transactions and i think i satisfied the criteria

the officer didnt answer my question when they replied. she just cut and paste a standard answer on the T&C for the card and also reminded me that the T&C has changed with effect 1 Feb 2018 like govt charges not counted bla bla.

didnt say why i didnt meet the criteria. what a tardy response
 

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
sent an email to UOB asking why i didn't receive the $300 rebates which was supposed to be credited on 15 Mar 2018.

i checked all transactions and i think i satisfied the criteria

the officer didnt answer my question when they replied. she just cut and paste a standard answer on the T&C for the card and also reminded me that the T&C has changed with effect 1 Feb 2018 like govt charges not counted bla bla.

didnt say why i didnt meet the criteria. what a tardy response
U try call, if transaction items not a lot, should be easy to point out which one got problem during the call. I also find that email usually get standard reply. Replied as if no reply. Need several emails to follow up. More tiring and took longer time.
 

Kixon9

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2016
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
Thanks. Think it will appear as the same singtel name, but did u get the cashback? Mine is a $700+ and 4x starhub $0.10
Dunno can qualify or not...

I pay singtel using 3 transactions.

But 3 transactions all different bills, not same bill.
 

Allen_C_Sharp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
0
sent an email to UOB asking why i didn't receive the $300 rebates which was supposed to be credited on 15 Mar 2018.

i checked all transactions and i think i satisfied the criteria

the officer didnt answer my question when they replied. she just cut and paste a standard answer on the T&C for the card and also reminded me that the T&C has changed with effect 1 Feb 2018 like govt charges not counted bla bla.

didnt say why i didnt meet the criteria. what a tardy response

It could be your 16Jan-31Jan transaction had some gov related tran, someone mentioned their new T&C effective from Feb statement, not 01Feb calendar date. :s22:
How sneaky can UOB be...
 

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
I have one transaction ACTIVESG posted on 31 Jan. and a SAM payment posted before Feb 2018 so not this 2

there is another transaction which could disqualify - I bought Asia Mall vouchers online (UOB might treat this payment service provider)


It could be your 16Jan-31Jan transaction had some gov related tran, someone mentioned their new T&C effective from Feb statement, not 01Feb calendar date. :s22:
How sneaky can UOB be...
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2
Does uob accept email correspondence when discussing acct specific queries?

U try call, if transaction items not a lot, should be easy to point out which one got problem during the call. I also find that email usually get standard reply. Replied as if no reply. Need several emails to follow up. More tiring and took longer time.
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
It could be your 16Jan-31Jan transaction had some gov related tran, someone mentioned their new T&C effective from Feb statement, not 01Feb calendar date. :s22:
How sneaky can UOB be...
It could be a case where the charges are made before 1 Feb 18 but statements are generated from 1 Feb 18. One can call in to dispute based on the terms and conditions.

I faced it last year when IPP was removed as an eligible spend for UOB ONE. The CSO also initially defended that I was not eligible. I had to point out to him that the terms and conditions specifically indicates that IPP is not eligible from 1 Feb 18 but my payments were made before 1 Feb 18. He checked and reverted that the error had taken place as the system is unable to process by transaction dates, back end adjustment would be made to pay me the difference in rebate. UOB took it own sweet time and only paid me the missing rebate in the next statement if I recalled correctly.
 

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15

vddgnd

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
25
Does uob accept email correspondence when discussing acct specific queries?
Sorry for misleading. I related my previous experiences with multiple banks. I prefer writing because black and white record, however it took longer time to get answer. I'm new to uob one card, currently only use phone call. Verbatin said he emailed to uob.
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2
BnW is always good but I was not sure UOB had that.

Sorry for misleading. I related my previous experiences with multiple banks. I prefer writing because black and white record, however it took longer time to get answer. I'm new to uob one card, currently only use phone call. Verbatin said he emailed to uob.
 

vince123123

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2000
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
2

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
The form clearly says you cannot ask account or transaction related queries
Actually, I never really care. :s13: I minimally have used it to request for previously failed annual fee or late charge waiver before. After all, they have already asked for so much details in the form.

In some cases, they did call back to respond. In other cases, they just process what was requested.

I think the clause is there mainly because they are concerned about instructions to tell them to perform some transactions on your behalf.
 

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
UOB is really sneaky. they told me it was due to a payment to ActiveSG (Govt payment). the transaction date is 30 Jan and this was posted on 31 Jan 2018.

I told them the new T&C for Govt payment is w.e.f 1 Feb 2018. why would it not be eligible? they told me it is Feb statement so it is not eligible.

that is CRAP!


It could be your 16Jan-31Jan transaction had some gov related tran, someone mentioned their new T&C effective from Feb statement, not 01Feb calendar date. :s22:
How sneaky can UOB be...
 

Kixon9

Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2016
Messages
193
Reaction score
0
300 sounds painful. Try appeal? At least get back $200 or something. I tried with Maybank Plat before and succeeded, not so sure about uob though.
 

Verbatin

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
1,206
Reaction score
0
yes of course I appeal. they told me no guarantee and I told them if they don't give, I will continue to appeal and appeal

300 sounds painful. Try appeal? At least get back $200 or something. I tried with Maybank Plat before and succeeded, not so sure about uob though.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top