UOB one card

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Do you have more than 1 UOB card? I spend less than $1000 per month and it gets waived. But I only have this card from UOB.

My primary spending is on their Uob pri Miles card too, but I rarely use this Uob one tbh, maybe that’s the reason
 

jyantzen

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2007
Messages
86
Reaction score
5
Have been getting automatic annual fee waiver - always.

With the recent Q1 changes, I have already cut-down to zero spending to this card, before calling UOB to cancel recently.

UOB called a few days later to offer 3 years waiver.
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Have been getting automatic annual fee waiver - always.

With the recent Q1 changes, I have already cut-down to zero spending to this card, before calling UOB to cancel recently.

UOB called a few days later to offer 3 years waiver.

Huh? How to seek 3 years waiver?
 

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,845
Reaction score
2,778
i'm actually quite satisfied with UOB card services. automatic waiver. but maybe because I always clocked >$1000 with them every month (with the help of two prudential plans).

now both plans fully paid already, so cutting down to just $500 spent per month. will wait and see next april whether they will waive or not. going by what some posts here, shouldn't be a problem to waive, I hope.

their CSO also more professional I find. and they're locals (no offence) so it's easy to speak to.
 

angg78

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Since UOB excludes Town Council for rebate, is GIRO to Town Council considered as eligible one of the GIRO transactions to fulfill the bonus interest?
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
i'm actually quite satisfied with UOB card services. automatic waiver. but maybe because I always clocked >$1000 with them every month (with the help of two prudential plans).

now both plans fully paid already, so cutting down to just $500 spent per month. will wait and see next april whether they will waive or not. going by what some posts here, shouldn't be a problem to waive, I hope.

their CSO also more professional I find. and they're locals (no offence) so it's easy to speak to.

I still prefer dbs, they will waive without asking any question
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
just wondering, how much your annual spend?

I got like 50,000+ of uni$ that time, asked them to reverse the annual fee and got rejected and so i cancelled it

1 year later, I used 3 months and 7 attempts to get the card back, but they rejected me everytime until I made a $100k+ purchase in a single day with my other uob cc then they approved my uobone in the evening

Once you canceled any uob cc due to annual fee problem, it become very difficult to get back
 

pinpinpin

Suspended
Joined
Mar 1, 2013
Messages
4,014
Reaction score
1
I got like 50,000+ of uni$ that time, asked them to reverse the annual fee and got rejected and so i cancelled it

1 year later, I used 3 months and 7 attempts to get the card back, but they rejected me everytime until I made a $100k+ purchase in a single day with my other uob cc then they approved my uobone in the evening

Once you canceled any uob cc due to annual fee problem, it become very difficult to get back

i think should be miles earning.

uob one card your limit of rebates 5% of $2k.
 

ckboyz

Master Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
3,024
Reaction score
103
Then I think must be my name got marked le :(
Have this card for very long and they always waive for me without any trouble. Until last year they start to give me problem because I'm using this card for 3years gym payment at interest free. I think I have applied for wavier like 4-5 times then suddenly received a sms and say its approved. For my first try the cso got call me and say can't waive and gimme loads of BS reason. I ignore him and just keep applying got wavier everyday.
This year I managed to wavier off again together with my late payment charge. I just told them that I'm overseas got work without Internet so please wavier my late payment and at the first time please wavier the annual fee ASAP since I need to use this card immediately got some big purchase (which I really did, but even if don't.. The wavier still go through)
 

StealthShadow

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
2
Anyone know if topping up Grab credits counts towards the rebate? Or need to pay for grab ride directly with credit card?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top