UOB one card

bluetwinkle

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2015
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
15
Educational means childcare, preschools, primary, secondary, universities, poly?
What about enrichment classes?
Cards from most banks have excluded educational institutions for a while already. I think enrichment classes may be excluded too.

The most ironical one that I have experienced was British Council. British Council clearly states it is not government related on its website but UOB as the merchant bank tagged its MCC as government related. :mad:
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
Am I correct in understanding that subject to specific merchant exclusions:

If one spends S$500 per month or more, and 5 or more separate transactions, then ALL spend gets 3.33% cashback? That blows SCB Unlimited and others for general category spending out of the water, no?

But also, the specific amount of quarterly rebate confuses me. What happens if one spends $750? Before it is less than the next level of $1000, the $250 earns nothing?
 

thrillogos

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I had a most terrible experience applying for the UOB One card and account online!

Applied online on 1 July and didn't get any sms or email from the bank. Called UOB and the CSO advised me to make another application. I did. But still no response from bank.

Called UOB later in the evening and they said it's "Pending". Called UOB the next day on 2 July and they said it's "Under Review". Called UOB on 3 July and they said it's "In Process". Then today, on 4 July, UOB called and said that the cards application team cannot even retrieve my online application!

My confidence in them is quite shaken. And I'm quite disappointed with the professionalism and quality of their service. I've written to them to give them my feedback on this.

Does anyone have similar experience in their application for UOB products?
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
Am I correct in understanding that subject to specific merchant exclusions:

If one spends S$500 per month or more, and 5 or more separate transactions, then ALL spend gets 3.33% cashback? That blows SCB Unlimited and others for general category spending out of the water, no?

But also, the specific amount of quarterly rebate confuses me. What happens if one spends $750? Before it is less than the next level of $1000, the $250 earns nothing?

If meet the min $500 eligible spend and min 5 transactions in all 3 statement months of qualifying quarter then you get $50 quarterly rebate. This is more stringent then say scb unlimited which still award 1.5% if spend different amount each month and there with no cap.

For example if spend $500, $750, $900 on uob one for the 3 months, the $250 and $400 in access of $500 are effectively not earning any rebate.
 
Last edited:

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
If meet the min $500 eligible spend and min 5 transactions in all 3 statement months of qualifying quarter then you get $50 quarterly rebate. This is more stringent then say scb unlimited which still award 1.5% if spend different amount each month and there with no cap.

For example if spend $500, $750, $900 on uob one for the 3 months, the $250 and $400 in access of $500 are effectively not earning any rebate.

Oh I see, wow! Very clever.

Can 100% of the $500 or $1000 be Grab rides or Grab Pay top-up?

Based on billing cycle I see, not calendar month which is a small relief.

I can't imagine having to keep track of every single transaction in order to reach $500/$1000 and then not exceeding it, or if exceeding then going to the next level.
 
Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
I had a most terrible experience applying for the UOB One card and account online!

Applied online on 1 July and didn't get any sms or email from the bank. Called UOB and the CSO advised me to make another application. I did. But still no response from bank.

Called UOB later in the evening and they said it's "Pending". Called UOB the next day on 2 July and they said it's "Under Review". Called UOB on 3 July and they said it's "In Process". Then today, on 4 July, UOB called and said that the cards application team cannot even retrieve my online application!

My confidence in them is quite shaken. And I'm quite disappointed with the professionalism and quality of their service. I've written to them to give them my feedback on this.

Does anyone have similar experience in their application for UOB products?

I tend to prefer walk in application because I know who to contact if there is an issue with the application.

Only apply online if there is rewards for doing so.
Most banks I applied with, DBS(Best), OCBC, Citibank(very bad), UOB, CIMB etc has not much issues.
 

kurt111494

Master Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
3,737
Reaction score
417
I tend to prefer walk in application because I know who to contact if there is an issue with the application.

Only apply online if there is rewards for doing so.
Most banks I applied with, DBS(Best), OCBC, Citibank(very bad), UOB, CIMB etc has not much issues.

To be honest, I didn't have good experiences applying online too. In the end, I decided rewards aren't exactly worth it if I have to waste so much time applying and waiting, or the trouble I have to go through.

When I first applied UOB One card online, there was no news at all too...until I was told it was rejected. And no one informed me.

Stomped into a branch the very same week and acted damn poor thing so that I could jump queue lol. Immediately settled on the spot. No rewards given also can't be bothered lol.
 

yiwei

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
125
Oh I see, wow! Very clever.

Can 100% of the $500 or $1000 be Grab rides or Grab Pay top-up?

Based on billing cycle I see, not calendar month which is a small relief.

I can't imagine having to keep track of every single transaction in order to reach $500/$1000 and then not exceeding it, or if exceeding then going to the next level.


but for the example mentioned, you have spent 2150 for 3 months.
on scb unlimited, you will receive 32.25 cashback but for uob you will have 50, so even if the 250 and 400 is effectively not earning 3.33%, the cashback is more on UOB One

of course it is just the numbers, and you will have more convenience with SCB if you do not want to track the transactions, but I guess it may be worth the time?

With the tie-up between grab, you could use 100% grab, note must have minimum 5 transactions, you also get additional 5% for all grab transactions (effective 8.33%)
 

spearhawk

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Messages
1,279
Reaction score
41
Oh I see, wow! Very clever.

Can 100% of the $500 or $1000 be Grab rides or Grab Pay top-up?

Based on billing cycle I see, not calendar month which is a small relief.

I can't imagine having to keep track of every single transaction in order to reach $500/$1000 and then not exceeding it, or if exceeding then going to the next level.

With the tie-up between grab, you could use 100% grab, note must have minimum 5 transactions, you also get additional 5% for all grab transactions (effective 8.33%)

Isn't calendar month easier to tracking?

Take note that the additional Grab rebate is capped at $100 per month, but should be more than enough since you can spend up to $2000 on Grab. :s13:
 
Last edited:

Chua Zhiming

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
2,437
Reaction score
3
UOB mighty has a new app layout :s22:

I see that i have received $200 cash rebate from my April (pro-rated)/May/June expenses but there isn't any option for me to withdraw the money or use it to deduct my upcoming bill. How do i "use" this cash rebate? thanks.
 

thrillogos

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I tend to prefer walk in application because I know who to contact if there is an issue with the application.

Only apply online if there is rewards for doing so.
Most banks I applied with, DBS(Best), OCBC, Citibank(very bad), UOB, CIMB etc has not much issues.
Thanks for sharing. I had thought that with their 2-3 minutes instant approval via MyInfo, the credit card online application system is going to be much better. So it was quite a shock that the cards application team came back on the 4th day to say that they couldn't even retrieve my application online! Guess I had a higher expectation and regard for UOB's efficiency than reality.
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
It will be credited into your Credit Card account to offset next month’s bill

UOB mighty has a new app layout :s22:

I see that i have received $200 cash rebate from my April (pro-rated)/May/June expenses but there isn't any option for me to withdraw the money or use it to deduct my upcoming bill. How do i "use" this cash rebate? thanks.
 

thrillogos

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
To be honest, I didn't have good experiences applying online too. In the end, I decided rewards aren't exactly worth it if I have to waste so much time applying and waiting, or the trouble I have to go through.

When I first applied UOB One card online, there was no news at all too...until I was told it was rejected. And no one informed me.

Stomped into a branch the very same week and acted damn poor thing so that I could jump queue lol. Immediately settled on the spot. No rewards given also can't be bothered lol.
That is a pretty bad experience! Funny thing for my application is that after the CSO called to say that the cards application team cannot retrieve my application online at about 1:40pm yesterday, UOB sent an sms to say that my One account application is successful at 4:00pm. I'm now left wondering if they really cannot retrieve my online application? Still waiting for news on my One card application.
 

jjjccc

Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
450
Reaction score
1
May I check if I use uob one cc on e-axs to pay for my aviva insurance, do I get the cash rebate?
 

Gummibears

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
'transit link' transactions are not counted towards the spending. But if I sign up my card for Simplygo, will the spending on mrt rides be counted as eligible spending?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top