UOB one card

ixoral

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
59
Hi all, I’ve the same qtn here. Got my $50 quarterly rebate in Aug statement for May-Jul spend. But I don’t see the bonus rebates for Grab. Anyone got their bonus rebate yet?

Does the quarterly rebate and bonus rebates get credited together? I have received the quarterly rebate but not the bonus rebates.
 

Goluba

Junior Member
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I’ve the same qtn here. Got my $50 quarterly rebate in Aug statement for May-Jul spend. But I don’t see the bonus rebates for Grab. Anyone got their bonus rebate yet?

No quarterly rebate in August for May-July spend.Each month 2000. New Statement month already generated in online banking.Wonder what is going on...Had substantial grab top ups in the third month.
 

raintr33

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
2,317
Reaction score
379
Property tax have to be careful. For my case there would be 2 mths without GIRO as GIRO amount must exceed $10 for IRAS. So may need to have a 4th GIRO.

I had setup a GIRO to donate to ST Pocket Money fund. Doing a good deed and helping myself :s12:

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
I've gotten both quarterly rebate n grab rebate as separate line item.

Hi all, I’ve the same qtn here. Got my $50 quarterly rebate in Aug statement for May-Jul spend. But I don’t see the bonus rebates for Grab. Anyone got their bonus rebate yet?
 

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
Hi all,

My UOB one account just got open today. I already have the UOB one card. The next step is to setup the GIRO arrangement (tied to UOB account).

My questions are:
  1. Noting today is 7/8/19, when will the 3 GRIO deduction actually happen?
  2. Within the same month? Or it will go beyond the next month?
  3. What are the strategies to speed up the 3 GRIO deduction?
  4. When is the ideal date to transfer my fund to UOB one account to optimize its full advantage? Today? Or first day of next month? Or when the GIRO deduction actually happen?

Appreciate any points, advices from the old birds here.
 

woocheekiat

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
199
Hi all,

My UOB one account just got open today. I already have the UOB one card. The next step is to setup the GIRO arrangement (tied to UOB account).

My questions are:
  1. Noting today is 7/8/19, when will the 3 GRIO deduction actually happen?
  2. Within the same month? Or it will go beyond the next month?
  3. What are the strategies to speed up the 3 GRIO deduction?
  4. When is the ideal date to transfer my fund to UOB one account to optimize its full advantage? Today? Or first day of next month? Or when the GIRO deduction actually happen?

Appreciate any points, advices from the old birds here.

I set up GIRO arrangment with IRAS (Personal and Property), MOE and UOB Card payment early last month and just saw the 1st IRAS deduction today. I guess I'll get the required 3 GIROs this month (IRAS x 2 and UOB Card) this month.

If your UOB card spending exceeds $500 for this calendar month (not statement month), then you'll still get the base interest 1.5% for your UOB ONE savings for August. Unless your funds are getting better than that elsewhere, then I would suggest transferring in the funds ASAP. Otherwise, you can transfer it in on 1st Sep to earn the base (1.5%) + bonus interest (1.85-3.88%) for next month.
 
Last edited:

Jyvonchi

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2019
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
IRAS and UOB CC giro setup is fast, but it took almost 2 months for my Citibank CC giro to take effect
 

shpesft

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
2
Depends on whether you have another account (e.g. iSavvy) that is earning you higher interest than 1.5% UOB One interest (CC spend) while waiting for the Giro to be all approved. I will start using the UOB One credit card to hit the rebate 3-monthly quarters and wait till all 3 Giro have been set up before putting in the $75,000, since I enjoy higher interest than 1.5% for my money.
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,671
Reaction score
1,382
@ saintgril can consider applying 2 other UOB CC n then set up Giro, spend $10. My deduction is around 21st. Hopefully still b able to make it,

Iras personal n property tax Giro deduction is 5th each month... already passed.
 

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Messages
54,233
Reaction score
67
Thanks woocheekiat, Jyvonchi, shpesft and oceanicmanta!
What I will do is for this month:
  1. transfer 1k (only) to my One account,
  2. whilst arranging for the GIRO deduction.
  3. use my One card.

Next month:
  1. first day, transfer more money into One account.
  2. Hopefully the GIRO deduction will happen by then.
  3. use my One card. :D

I set up GIRO arrangment with IRAS (Personal and Property), MOE and UOB Card payment early last month and just saw the 1st IRAS deduction today. I guess I'll get the required 3 GIROs this month (IRAS x 2 and UOB Card) this month.

If your UOB card spending exceeds $500 for this calendar month (not statement month), then you'll still get the base interest 1.5% for your UOB ONE savings for August. Unless your funds are getting better than that elsewhere, then I would suggest transferring in the funds ASAP. Otherwise, you can transfer it in on 1st Sep to earn the base (1.5%) + bonus interest (1.85-3.88%) for next month.

IRAS and UOB CC giro setup is fast, but it took almost 2 months for my Citibank CC giro to take effect

Depends on whether you have another account (e.g. iSavvy) that is earning you higher interest than 1.5% UOB One interest (CC spend) while waiting for the Giro to be all approved. I will start using the UOB One credit card to hit the rebate 3-monthly quarters and wait till all 3 Giro have been set up before putting in the $75,000, since I enjoy higher interest than 1.5% for my money.

@ saintgril can consider applying 2 other UOB CC n then set up Giro, spend $10. My deduction is around 21st. Hopefully still b able to make it,

Iras personal n property tax Giro deduction is 5th each month... already passed.
 

guni_man

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2001
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
23
First time GP user here. May I know how long does it take for Grab to post a GP topup txn to One card?

Kumsiah
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top