US help.

grynove

Reaction score
u can. i did it before at maui. get mustang bro. cheap cheap can open the roof. lol

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
u can. i did it before at maui. get mustang bro. cheap cheap can open the roof. lol

I know but maybe next time

5knjhD9.jpg

Posted from PCWX using MI 9

AngeLx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello any New York accommodations for recommend? Thanks like those service apartment kind with 2 bedrooms

Arcanell

Reaction score
will be going to nyc on early june. was planning to drive to dc first before hand. im not sure if its doable. will be on direct sq flight.

since there's mentioned avoid chevy. im not sure what are the option for 8 seater ( im travelling with extended family) so far i only see chevy suburban.

i drive at hawai before. but over there traffic is quiet. im not sure for this jfk to dc route tho.

appreciate if anyone can guide me on this.

tia

why are you driving to dc instead of taking amtrak? I rented Chevrolet Malibu from hertz but was upgraded to toyota 4runner. The suv is huge! You can consider adding Princeton University, Woodbury Common & Sesame Place (if you have kids) in your itinerary.

lousylah

Reaction score
Hello any New York accommodations for recommend? Thanks like those service apartment kind with 2 bedrooms

Budget? Which part of NYC? Midtown or uptown Manhattan ok? Or brooklyn?

Manhattan hotels are very pricey and tiny. <20sqm S$300-400/night is not unusual so 2BR apartment will be a tough ask. Airbnb is illegal in NYC btw.

grynove

Reaction score
Cause im thinking if taking amtrak need to go pennstation first rite? Kinda waste of time. furthermore the cost is higher for 8 person. Thanks for the recommendation for Sesame Place. Let me find some info again for this mode of transport to DC

why are you driving to dc instead of taking amtrak? I rented Chevrolet Malibu from hertz but was upgraded to toyota 4runner. The suv is huge! You can consider adding Princeton University, Woodbury Common & Sesame Place (if you have kids) in your itinerary.

AngeLx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Budget? Which part of NYC? Midtown or uptown Manhattan ok? Or brooklyn?

Manhattan hotels are very pricey and tiny. <20sqm S$300-400/night is not unusual so 2BR apartment will be a tough ask. Airbnb is illegal in NYC btw.

Was initially wanted to stay near Times Square but booking.com cancelled our booking. Some suite, with 2 bedrooms cos got 1 couple and a friend.

Budget not over $250 ..possible or not? Thanks

Thanks first time go USA

Shiny Things

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be going to nyc on early june. was planning to drive to dc first before hand. im not sure if its doable. will be on direct sq flight.

since there's mentioned avoid chevy. im not sure what are the option for 8 seater ( im travelling with extended family) so far i only see chevy suburban.

Trust me: take Amtrak. It'll be a lot less stressful than trying to drive (from JFK you'll have to drive all the way across NYC!), and the train ride from NYC Penn Station to DC Union Station is pretty great.

grynove

Reaction score
I didnt know that we still need to drive pass NYC to DC. hahahah.

anyone in US now can share. How is the tourist situation during this COVID19.

considering how the situation now at Italy. haha

Arcanell

Reaction score
Cause im thinking if taking amtrak need to go pennstation first rite? Kinda waste of time. furthermore the cost is higher for 8 person. Thanks for the recommendation for Sesame Place. Let me find some info again for this mode of transport to DC

The drive is uneventful plus you will be fatigue after a long flight. You can opt for red cap baggage service to help you with baggages at train station. https://www.amtrak.com/amtrak-red-cap-baggage-assistance

Pseudomonas

Reaction score
i have used Alamo many times. I book from USCarHire. Alamo usually include all the insurance you need. 3rd party, LLA.

Parking is never a problem there unless in the city like LA or SanFran.

I recommand that you visit one of those big tree state park. If you go HW1, can go to Henry Cowell state park.

You may want to check the HW1 road status as sometime it will be close due to rock slide.

Take a look at southern california tickets if you are going to a few of the attractions, can get better price.

https://www.citypass.com/southern-california

In the midst of booking Alamo via UScarhire. Do you add on the option of Enhanced Roadside Assistance for $2.50/day?

addats

Reaction score
I normally dont. Their road generally quite ok unless you planning to go off road. if you have kids or elders, better to add. $2.5 a day is quite cheap considering you already save by booking from UScarhire.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

U getting 2 vehs and don’t mind driving 4hrs after landing?

AngeLx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comparing Orlando and New York which outlays better to go ah? Thanks

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Comparing Orlando and New York which outlays better to go ah? Thanks

What is outlay?
New York City? Or New York State?
Define better? If u want Disney and universal they are not in New York State.

Prof Goh

Reaction score
The drive is uneventful plus you will be fatigue after a long flight. You can opt for red cap baggage service to help you with baggages at train station. https://www.amtrak.com/amtrak-red-cap-baggage-assistance

yeah red caps are great, especially if you're alone with a lot of baggages! used their service once at Boston South Station, the red cap even let me board early and i was the first to board. do remember to tip :)

Nova6612

Reaction score
You mean outlet stores? Of course New York City would be better; more choices being it is an international city

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya the things changing. Mid feb no one cares now. No hand sanitizer, no mask, Costco limiting water. Bleach out, wipes out. With princess ppl freed in Oakland, ppl in San Francisco still chill? Facebook and amazon had their ppl working from home. Would go so far to say no impact.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/03/06/costco-samples-coronavirus-suspends-free-samples/4980216002/

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.