USA Stocks discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeezz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
13,227
Reaction score
187
planning to stock up yahoo really slowly.

try to test run SCB with 1 share of yhoo.

got this.

Status: Rejected
Exchange is not available for trading. Please contact Phone Banking. (Msg Code: 1067)

went down twice to SCB . called them twice. till now not FIX. :s22:

Did u open a usd settlement acc?
Did u ask them to open the us market for u?
Did u have enough balance?
If juz recently ask them open us market. Might need to wait some time then cn buy. I waited fr abt three or four weeks iirc.
If its nt due to any of the above problem then i cant help alrdy.
 

archcherub

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Oct 21, 2001
Messages
4,161
Reaction score
5
planning to stock up yahoo really slowly.

try to test run SCB with 1 share of yhoo.

why YHOO?
I got damn bloody lucky. I was assigned -100 because of my sold calls (options)

and i had a big loss that became a small loss thanks to YHOO chiong down.. LOL
by tmr, my position would be closed with a tiny gain or loss.
im so thankful it tanked down..

surprised to hear you gonna stock up on it.

AAPL-
any guys here holding? Im thinking of taking profits just before Apple watch launch. since whenever apple launch a product, the price of stock will drop...
wonder whether i should do it.
and buy back later if it falls below

coz deep down inside.. im in love with this stock and its potential.. :D
 
Last edited:

coey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
6,875
Reaction score
1,172
What do u guys think of the general trend of dow jones ? How high or low do u think it will be ?
 

GoldenBargain

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
533
Reaction score
0
planning to stock up yahoo really slowly.

try to test run SCB with 1 share of yhoo.
/QUOTE]

why YHOO?
I got damn bloody lucky. I was assigned -100 because of my sold calls (options)

and i had a big loss that became a small loss thanks to YHOO chiong down.. LOL
by tmr, my position would be closed with a tiny gain or loss.
im so thankful it tanked down..

surprised to hear you gonna stock up on it.

AAPL-
any guys here holding? Im thinking of taking profits just before Apple watch launch. since whenever apple launch a product, the price of stock will drop...
wonder whether i should do it.
and buy back later if it falls below

coz deep down inside.. im in love with this stock and its potential.. :D

I think you have answered your own question with regards to aapl. why not take the opportunity to buy more IF it does dip
 

Bedokian

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
7
AAPL can buy if there is a dip, unfortunately I had hit my quota for this counter, so now I am accumulating BRKB when the price is right.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Neither side is budging... and the show continues.
ECB raises pressure on Greece as Tsipras meets EU peers | Reuters

On the other hand, AAPL pre open is $126+/-
Oil price recovers a little.

UA entry target $70+/-, gonna start to wait for it.
ENT up 5% after recent slump on Monday when the company announced a convertible debt offering. Along with the offering, major shareholders of Global Eagle will sell 8.3 million shares in a public offering.
 
Last edited:

GoldenBargain

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
533
Reaction score
0
Neither side is budging... and the show continues.
ECB raises pressure on Greece as Tsipras meets EU peers | Reuters

On the other hand, AAPL pre open is $126+/-
Oil price recovers a little.

UA entry target $70+/-, gonna start to wait for it.
ENT up 5% after recent slump on Monday when the company announced a convertible debt offering. Along with the offering, major shareholders of Global Eagle will sell 8.3 million shares in a public offering.

Ditto watching UA for a gd entry point. So NKE still on the back burner?

AAPL is soaring...gotta wait for a dip to add.

Im glad V is doing better today.

Looking to add tp brkb too. hopefully that dip happens ard CNY. Would be a nice pressie to myself
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
JNJ breaks down. $96 for next support. Should one enter?

NKE I just entered at $92+, 3 month looks like a descending triangle. So I'm waiting for either $85, or $100+ to enter again. Slowly build, no need to hurry.

UA looks like ascending further, so I don't mind entering higher like about now $73.Not recommended for others as margin of safety is important. I'm just waiting to see market downturn, then I enter since market YTD kept on returning to 0% gain.
$60-$70 range, it would make the decision easier.

Someone asked about DJI. I dunno how high or low it will be.
What I'm waiting for is S&P 500 to hit above 2090 and the next low to be around 2000. It's basically trending sideways on a 3 month basis, uptrend on a 6mth - 1 year basis, and
I must say a terribly scary super uptrend 5 year basis. Scary because the climb is so steep. Tread lightly. Always have margin of safety.

So DJI is more or less the same trend. The key though is 18000 seems like a strong resistance as it's a big round number, whereas for S&P 2000 is the big round number for support.

Anyway, my TA is not good. Any expert feel free to correct me and advise further.
 
Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Greek bailout talks fail to make progress

The new Greek government’s confrontation with its Eurozone creditors over its campaign to relieve its staggering debt burden while also relaxing the terms of five years of austerity resulted in stalemate late on Wednesday.

The first proper negotiations between Greece and eurozone finance ministers failed to make any progress or result in a joint statement. While no immediate agreement had been expected, the emergency meeting had been tipped to produce a framework for talks to be finessed over the next few days before a further meeting next Monday.

S&P close near record level.
WTI moves back up to $51
Brent moves up to $57
 
Last edited:

magemerlin

Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2001
Messages
286
Reaction score
0
Bought NBG when it was $1, speculating 10% of my portfolio that the Greece crisis will be settled amicably

Price to book 0.3+
Recapitalized successfully last year

Fingers crossed :D
 

Bedokian

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
7
Any news on the Greek issue will be considered a glitch for the main markets, IMO. So for those who like to buy/sell using timing, this would be it.

Ukraine issues OTOH, will spook all classes of assets if there is very good/bad news, IMO.
 

GoldenBargain

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
533
Reaction score
0
Fridays are usually on the red side. I wonder if it will be v red seeing as it's friday the 13th. def watching the market tonight incase im right.

Fingers crossed it will be a great opportunity for JNJ and UA and ALTS.

On a side note, I m really happy with how MEIP is performing. Hopefully it continues.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
True, greek issue is like a small drag every now and then, providing chances to enter whenever negative news come out. Barring Grexit, it is nice to have this sort of noise here and there.

Friday usually sell down because traders usually don't hold stocks over weekend. They can't react if there is any news on sat and sun. But that said, I seldom think about it.

I'm heavily invested in JNJ, looking at the sell down as chance to slowly add in more.
MEIP seems interesting, you added at $3 low? you sure can pick a golden bargain.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Bought NBG when it was $1, speculating 10% of my portfolio that the Greece crisis will be settled amicably

Price to book 0.3+
Recapitalized successfully last year

Fingers crossed :D

wow, you speculate using 10% of portfolio. Pretty gung-ho.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top