Kei_Li
Senior Member
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2003
- Messages
- 763
- Reaction score
- 4
Hi guys,
being out of the scene for more than 3 yrs I am totally outdated as to what are the hardware out there and if they are performing well. So appreciate if anyone can take some time out to assist.
Currently on my C2D Q6600 2.4ghz, P35 mobo, 4gb (old)ram and Readon 7770 GPU.
Looking to build a new rig for everyday use including heavy video watching and surfing. Not a heavy gamer but I do play some of the newer games like Watchdog, however I dont need the best graphic as long as the game don't lag.
Basically I am looking to build the best "Value for money" rig with a budget of $800-1000
Did some research and these are what I think roughly but I am not able to choose among the various model, so please help to comment/suggest:
Mobo: ??
CPU: i5?
RAM: 8gb
GPU: GTX 750? R7 260 ?
SSD (OS/Programs): Crucial MX100 256gb ?
Storage: Reusing HDDs
PSU: 550w?
DVD: Resuse
Monitor: Reuse
From the above you can see how "no idea" I am at the moment, so appreciate any help from our experts here for a "best value" rig with about $800-1000
Many thanks all.
being out of the scene for more than 3 yrs I am totally outdated as to what are the hardware out there and if they are performing well. So appreciate if anyone can take some time out to assist.
Currently on my C2D Q6600 2.4ghz, P35 mobo, 4gb (old)ram and Readon 7770 GPU.
Looking to build a new rig for everyday use including heavy video watching and surfing. Not a heavy gamer but I do play some of the newer games like Watchdog, however I dont need the best graphic as long as the game don't lag.
Basically I am looking to build the best "Value for money" rig with a budget of $800-1000
Did some research and these are what I think roughly but I am not able to choose among the various model, so please help to comment/suggest:
Mobo: ??
CPU: i5?
RAM: 8gb
GPU: GTX 750? R7 260 ?
SSD (OS/Programs): Crucial MX100 256gb ?
Storage: Reusing HDDs
PSU: 550w?
DVD: Resuse
Monitor: Reuse
From the above you can see how "no idea" I am at the moment, so appreciate any help from our experts here for a "best value" rig with about $800-1000
Many thanks all.
