Visa to Australia

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,547
Reaction score
3,253
Not sure either, there's an australia visa app to do it now..
 

slinzx

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
121
Reaction score
7
i dont know if my question is related to this thread.

May I know if I were to travel to Sydney , upon arriving at Sydney airport and take ART test, I have to go straight to the hotel that I book? but do hotels allow early check in if I were to arrive early in the morning?
 

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
5,272
Reaction score
728
i dont know if my question is related to this thread.

May I know if I were to travel to Sydney , upon arriving at Sydney airport and take ART test, I have to go straight to the hotel that I book? but do hotels allow early check in if I were to arrive early in the morning?
Just buy for the night before. Example, you are arriving on 25 April early morning, book the hotel for check-in 24 April and inform them that you are arriving on 25 April xx time.
 

slinzx

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
121
Reaction score
7
Just buy for the night before. Example, you are arriving on 25 April early morning, book the hotel for check-in 24 April and inform them that you are arriving on 25 April xx time.

so you mean I have to buy an extra night for the whole trip just to check into the room once I reach the hotel?
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,547
Reaction score
3,253
i dont know if my question is related to this thread.

May I know if I were to travel to Sydney , upon arriving at Sydney airport and take ART test, I have to go straight to the hotel that I book? but do hotels allow early check in if I were to arrive early in the morning?
There's no requirement to isolate upon arrival. You can roam anywhere.

But if you want to check in early morning, yes you have to book an extra night.
 

slinzx

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
121
Reaction score
7
There's no requirement to isolate upon arrival. You can roam anywhere.

But if you want to check in early morning, yes you have to book an extra night.

Hello, just check on Changi Group website. I dont know if they update anything yet, but so far this is what's indicated.

Please check with the following airports or local governments on on-arrival procedures, immigration guidelines and other safe travel measures.:

Fully vaccinated travelers are required to proceed directly to their accommodation upon arrival and take a Antigen Rapid Test as soon as practicable. Self isolation is required until the ART returns a negative result. All must take another rapid antigen test on or after Day 6.
 

the_dog

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
31,550
Reaction score
21,626
You can take the arrival ART test anywhere since its just 15 mins of your time. Once negative results are in, you are free to go anywhere.

You could even self swab at the airport when you arrive. Or in the rental car or hotel lobby.
 

beano

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
52,547
Reaction score
3,253
Hello, just check on Changi Group website. I dont know if they update anything yet, but so far this is what's indicated.

Please check with the following airports or local governments on on-arrival procedures, immigration guidelines and other safe travel measures.:

Fully vaccinated travelers are required to proceed directly to their accommodation upon arrival and take a Antigen Rapid Test as soon as practicable. Self isolation is required until the ART returns a negative result. All must take another rapid antigen test on or after Day 6.
The day 6 is not mandatory.
 

warr

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,135
Reaction score
8
You can take the arrival ART test anywhere since its just 15 mins of your time. Once negative results are in, you are free to go anywhere.

You could even self swab at the airport when you arrive. Or in the rental car or hotel lobby.

the rule said the ART (RAT in Aussie term) need to be "administered Test".
But what is the practice on the ground? they don't care like you said and we can do swap ourselves in airport, car or hotel? Or actually must visit a clinic?
 

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
5,272
Reaction score
728
the rule said the ART (RAT in Aussie term) need to be "administered Test".
But what is the practice on the ground? they don't care like you said and we can do swap ourselves in airport, car or hotel? Or actually must visit a clinic?

If you don't administer the test, then how do you 'do' the test?

It can be professionally or self admisistered.

Definition of administer​

transitive verb
1: to manage or supervise the execution, use, or conduct ofadminister a trust fund
2a: to provide or apply : DISPENSEadminister justiceadminister punishment
b: to give officially or as part of a ritualadminister a testadminister the last rites
c: to give remediallyadminister a dose of medicine
intransitive verb
1: to perform the office of administrator
2: to furnish a benefit : MINISTERadminister to an ailing friend
3: to manage affairs
 

the_dog

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
31,550
Reaction score
21,626
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top