Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Saladz

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently i encountered many issues with CGW.

First issue

Delayed shipment. Refused to upgrade my shipment to express to deal with the delay caused by them.

Second issue

Part of my item is lost after repacking.

Third issue

I ship in both CGW and HSG account. My HSG account only needed 1 more shipment to qualify for Prime but i used CGW instead because of the delay mentioned earlier. I did not want further delay by changing it.

When i asked Billy to add my one shipment count with CGW into HSG account (as it needs 1 more shipment to be qualified for Prime), he refused to do so.

The first reason he given is it is their policy. Then i ask where does it expressly says so, he is unable to explain and kept saying the decision stands and that he has given explanation even though that explanation is "it is their policy".

Fine, then i ask why allow customers to change packages from HSG to CGW and vice versa as this will implies to customers that they can make any 3 shipments with both platforms and still qualify for Prime, he is unable to explain.

Then i said, HSG is essentially CGW as it is operated under CGW, then he said they are different entities etc etc so have different policies.

Then i finally found a proof: Exclusively for PayPal Customers | HopShopGo Home.

On HSG website, it says:

"Every 3 international shipments that you make with comGateway entitles you to enjoy automatic Prime status for 6 months."

Wow, does this not mean if HSG customer uses CGW to make shipment, the shipment will be counted? If not, they should have written HopShopGo instead of comGateway.

He then replied, "HopShopGo can also be called as CGW". Isn't this inconsistent with his previous statement saying they are different entities?

So even after showing this proof, he is unable to explain and just kept saying decision will not change, explanation given.

So your staff is trained to annoy customers by relying on technicalities. By right, i should be offered something as goodwill for the delay and the loss of part of my item. Instead, they decide to annoy their customers. I guess your customers database has grown too big that you can act cocky with customers.

I hope you are not Billy by the way. I want an impartial staff with higher rank to deal with this. I decide to publish here because i would like to see how CGW deals with this farce - to help their members to cover up by giving the same damn policy reply or to act impartially by rectifying the mistake made by Billy.

TD;LR

CGW is not really that great, their staffs are trained to deny what you are entitled to, even if you are a frequent customer with years of history with them.

Time to find another freight forwarder, guys.

Last edited:

Saladz

Reaction score
We note that you are already in email contact with us, and the first two issues have already been resolved!

To clarify, while we provide Express Service to most countries (including Singapore), this is not possible for some countries (such as China), due to the additional time required for the Customs Clearance process.

Also, HopShopGo and comGateway are two separate products. While we can transfer packages manually between products, this is usually only done in the event that the online store has shipped your item to the wrong account. Rewards (similar to credit card account rewards) once issued, are not transferable due to technical limitations (and not policy issues). We apologize that you found the information previously communicated to you confusing, and have provided guidance to our team to avoid recurrence of the issue.

Thank you for highlighting the error on our website, and it has since been rectified. We apologize for the confusion caused. If you have further questions related to your account, please let us know via PM/email.
CGW made an error, which means CGW ought to uphold whatever statements there were before the error was rectified because the shipment was made during the existence of the previous statements which was binding on CGW.

spec116

Reaction score
Any ideas on which to use if i wish to buy jewellery from US?

Anybody buy b4?

Reaction score
anyone bought from Nike USA before?

average shipping for shoes. Only can use cgw or hopshopgo.?

Any discount code to share.

Thanks

Last edited:

hammerng

Reaction score
CGW + Fedex = N/A

h04Eus7.png

Interesting combination.

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st time using 65daigou for US shipping. 65daigou is indeed much cheaper then CGW as they do not have base charge and the weight are cumulative. The difference is u need to self collect from 65daigou and shipping may be slightly longer (5 to 7 days).

65daigou.JPG

Last edited:

hwspreee

Reaction score
GSHIPEXPRESS

Hey have your seen the ad on TV there is a new company GSHIPEXPRESS

Gship Express

Have anyone tried their service?

I just sign up an account and used their warehouse address to place orders.

VacheronLim

Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;89865772 said:
fedex is damn cui. wish they'd stop using them :o

FEDEX serve me quite consistently without hiccups, I've used their economy and priority service, very prompt with deliveries...but that's not done with these freight forwarding companies so it could be down to their arrangements...I purchased directly from the merchant and pay nominal shipping fees :s12::s13:

UPS is the one that should be avoided...when flight delay they just postpone your delivery date according to their schedule without informing you...For FEDEX if they screw up you can request for waiver of shipping fees :s13:

matrix05

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Recent" hopshopgo and diaguo are making the competition interesting. Anyone got review on which is the best if shipment time is not priority?

Peach Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st time using 65daigou for US shipping. 65daigou is indeed much cheaper then CGW as they do not have base charge and the weight are cumulative. The difference is u need to self collect from 65daigou and shipping may be slightly longer (5 to 7 days).

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-G-v8ZRuFAQc/VGFnkKzKLEI/AAAAAAAAATU/zI33Hy6efHg/s1024/65daigou.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

How it work? Think got option they order for you after you transfer money right?

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How it work? Think got option they order for you after you transfer money right?

They have 2 type of services, same as CGW/Vpost/HSG/Borderlinx.

1) Buy For Me - has agent fees, they buy for you.
2) Ship for me - No agent fees, u buy items yourself and get it send to their warehouse.

Yes, you need to transfer $$ to them first before they buy/ship for you. Go to their 65daigou website to check out and do comparison. IMO they are suitable for small/light/multiple small items.

Last edited:

Peach Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have 2 type of services, same as CGW/Vpost/HSG/Borderlinx.

1) Buy For Me - has agent fees, they buy for you.
2) Ship for me - No agent fees, u buy items yourself and get it send to their warehouse.

Yes, you need to transfer $$ to them first before they buy/ship for you. Go to their 65daigou website to check out and do comparison. IMO they are suitable for small/light/multiple small items.

I see. Thanks a lot.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HSG/CGW (any difference other than the payment mode), Borderlinx or 65daigou is cheapest to ship to Singapore if purchase from Amazon?

Thanks.

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HSG/CGW (any difference other than the payment mode), Borderlinx or 65daigou is cheapest to ship to Singapore if purchase from Amazon?

Thanks.
new kid on the block, dg65, best for single item, no base cost.

Trying first ebay item with them, and report later, reserving comment for their service quality vs lower rate value:
S$3 per 6000cm3 vkg against S$4.14 per 5000cm3 vkg (25-40% rates discrepancy), assume before any coupon/card/cashback discounts.

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new kid on the block, dg65, best for single item, no base cost.

Trying first ebay item with them, and report later, reserving comment for their service quality vs lower rate value:
S$3 per 6000cm3 vkg against S$4.14 per 5000cm3 vkg (25-40% rates discrepancy), assume before any coupon/card/cashback discounts.

The rates are for 65daigou?

kahkah

Reaction score
hi! i've been following this thread closely because I'm looking to purchase some skin care & cosmetics goodies from US and haven't tried a US freight forwarding service before. I just found out this new company shopandbox.com via instagram anyone tried?? apparently they started since nov 2013 and the best part is they are locals who help us to shop and have goodies shipped to their own house so we can now order from websites like sephora.com and ulta.com that restrict shipping to warehouses!!! seems good anyone tried??? :s12:

Last edited:

kahkah

Reaction score
yeah I noticed:( The good thing is with the personal shopper at shopandbox if your actual weight and volumatric weight differ, they will inform you so you can stuff more things inside and make your paying worth. seems like it will only be worth it if you're planning to buy from many websites since they do infinite times of repacking until you're satisfied. 65daigou doesnt do free repacking if you use 'ship for me' so you gotta pay more to get that service via buy for me right? and hopshopgo charges more the more packages you consolidate (not sure about repacking) so i'm really not sure. I'm planning to buy skin care and cosmetics from like 3 or 4 websites during the black friday & cyber monday sales and i definitely hope they can repack my packages. Any recommendation for that? hopshopgo or 65daigou? hehe thanks in advance

boopit

Reaction score
would suggest vpost (though the service is ****) depending on how much are you intending to spend tbh
if e.g.
shop 1: $100usd
shop 2: $200usd
shop 3$: 100usd

you would need to pay GST if you conslidate them together under hopshopgo

but vpost don't need (and there is a min 10% discount off shipping for some credit cards)

vpost/hopshopgo's concept of repacking is not the same as you are thinking
basically if your actual weight is like maybe 1kg, and vol weigh is 10kg, repacking means simply folding the box down to lower the vol weight, they do not change the box for you, or take out items from the 3 shops and pack into one.

i really hate to recommend vpost to anyone because of their **** service, but it is the best one to avoid GST

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.