Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

yapova

Reaction score
Does anyone have new Borderlinx code?

Borderlinx really sc*ms!!! I had a shipment last week, the thing less than 2kg, but they charge me over 5kg claim it's volume weight, so I ask them to reconfirm and they didn't get back to me for 4days. There's a 30% code 730317 which expired 6 Sept, so I missed that and they ask me call Citibank and Citibank pushed the issue back to Borderlinx. End of the day no one owns up to the problem and I have no new code.

Chatted with them, email them, used the call back service, just one lousy CS after another :( Very disappointing. I have always let them get away with extra 500g here and 1kg there, but this time they are too much.

yapova

Reaction score
My worst fears came through after first use of Comgateway

i purchased some expensive wax from AG and shipped through Comgateway. Upon receipt i realised inside beatiful box my expensive wax was actually another cheap version which cost 1/4 of the price. I never had a problem with AG after shopping so many times with them which lead me to believe since CGW opens all packages.....

Borderlinx open for inspection too - not just delivery box, actual item packaging, i.e. my kids' toy. I don't know if it's custom requirement, but can't they just xray that damn thing? It's not even liquid. Well they made a mess inside the toy box, thank goodness not giving that as gift.

yapova

Reaction score
Erm.. Cgw opens the package to check whether it can be repacked. Not only cgw, customs open up the boxes too

Borderlinx does not provide repackaging service, so they have no business to open my boxes, but they do and I know it's custom requirement for illegal item or maybe explosives. But as mentioned in earlier post, they can xray or do an explosive test like the airport unless it's liquid. Singapore custom doesn't open every box. I have had few items shipped direct to singapore and everyone in their original seal. I never dare to ship expensive item via any forwarder.

Borderlinx CS is really bad, they are tai chi masters... but the shipping is fast and thank goodness I have never experience a lost package or anything broken. For most part I think they are alright except when you encounter problems and need to contact someone to help... that help does not exist.

yapova

Reaction score
Ok... been shipping 7 package from comgateway. and nw i really wan to say when using their repack service i think they use some cheap packaging box... my package arrive in SG on sunday but not deliver to me... called DHL and they say my package is damaged they are goin to repack it before delivering to me... WTH!!

repackage, does that mean they package it more efficiently so that you don't incur high volumetric weight? thanks

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have new Borderlinx code?

Borderlinx really sc*ms!!! I had a shipment last week, the thing less than 2kg, but they charge me over 5kg claim it's volume weight, so I ask them to reconfirm and they didn't get back to me for 4days. There's a 30% code 730317 which expired 6 Sept, so I missed that and they ask me call Citibank and Citibank pushed the issue back to Borderlinx. End of the day no one owns up to the problem and I have no new code.

Chatted with them, email them, used the call back service, just one lousy CS after another :( Very disappointing. I have always let them get away with extra 500g here and 1kg there, but this time they are too much.

walaoz ****. I thought the coupon 730317 is till 31 Dec 2010. I thought because I use it once then cannot use.

Anyone can verify or not. yea they charge my dimension 8.2 round up to 9 inches, end up .31 kg more or so and its a big diff because we r paying for HALF A KG one. 3.1 is same as 3.5KG hor

Ataris

Reaction score
Hey peeps, try using this code for borderlinx discount, valid until 30th Sept:

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
it's insane!

i use vpost, the weight is 2+kg and the volumeric weight cost me 100+sgd! it's even more exp than i ship directly from the merchant! and they are some clothes only. it's kind of exaggerating right?

and the worse thing is no repacking option. gosh, if i were to use cgw, how much saving was that?! i could kill myself for that.

killerbytes

Reaction score
why dont you use tarazz.com, so you know exactly how much the total cost will be then you can proceed to buy or not

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's insane!

i use vpost, the weight is 2+kg and the volumeric weight cost me 100+sgd! it's even more exp than i ship directly from the merchant! and they are some clothes only. it's kind of exaggerating right?

and the worse thing is no repacking option. gosh, if i were to use cgw, how much saving was that?! i could kill myself for that.

Volumetric weight calculation is used by all the 3 forwarders instead of nett weight.

Clothings are potential banana skins, as they can be packed in a absurdly large box.

have you tried using tarazz.com ? can buy from almost online shop at a reduced shipping price. Can already see the full cost including shipping of the product while browsing items.

how come nobody use tarazz.com?

why dont you use tarazz.com, so you know exactly how much the total cost will be then you can proceed to buy or not

Stop your incessant advertising.

squarebox

Reaction score
it's insane!

if 100+ means your volumeric must be like 10kg... ur merchant is an asshole...

Newegg does the same...

Rainbow1112

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have any1 request CGW to do a reassessment of yr package before? was it successful? i got 4 package volume weight is 7/16kg and actual weight is 2kg/8kg but there no repacking option... previous package of the same volume/actual weight have the repack option. email them to request them for recheck. and they say will reply me within 3 working days. CGW staff slacking this fews days? LOLS

Laneige

Honorary Member
Reaction score

if u read their TC its something like not fixed wor, if its too bulky they might charge more.

thats why i dont dare to use

Why now i find borderlinx getting more n more exp. 8Kg++ SGD95+ like that. :(

those that paid GST for borderlinx, do u guys pay extra like service charge 10+ or what for the GST processing? How much is it now. Thanks

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Volumetric weight calculation is used by all the 3 forwarders instead of nett weight.

Clothings are potential banana skins, as they can be packed in a absurdly large box.

not the first time ship from this merchant but they are getting more and more ridiculous. and sometimes when i receive the package from vpost, i wonder the volumetric weight got so big numbers? the box doesnt seems big as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.