Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No comment on customer service or anything yet, but their high costs are quite a turn off, so might not be using them again. Will stick to vPost's crappy invoice e-mail system if I have to. :(

Always wanted to try Borderlinx too, cause it's the only one of the three that does conceirge for UK, but they're not accepting my Citibank debit card for now. :(
Does anyone know of any other UK conceirge services?

the hassle to go pick up yourself as well as unable to deliver at your appointed time is already a big turn off. dhl can always arrange to deliver between 7pm to 10pm when most are already home. don't you think that's a good plus point?

of course vpost has it's more useful plus point as well which i shan't mention here.

anyway, why don't you get a citi clear card? income of 18k can get already with $500 limit.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
one quick qns on borderlinx

can i pay the merchant other than citi CC?

do i need to do anything after i ordered from a website. eg input a invoice number into my borderlinx account?

to buy from merchant, it's between you and merchant. borderlinx is only responsible to ship the item to you.

unless you order through their concierge service, then you have to pay using citi cc.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after 3 experiences with vpost in the past.
I've been using cgw the last 3 times..pleasant, fast, but somewhat costing and weighing a little unfair...Merchant;s parcel delivery reads 2.0 lbs, cgw weighs 1.02 kg, and rounded to 1.5kg on 2 pkgs.
Now reverting to vpost for a few tries, to recoupe my lost faith with them.
Also due to pro-rated weighing and gst based on individual itme or invoice, to lower overall costs..

will report their improvement if any.

bro, go with borderlinx ba.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, go with borderlinx ba.
The State tax 6-7% alr + kg rounded upwards + slightly 10% higher cost to cgw (more to vpost) + total cannot >$400 alr jitao sian Liao.
It's like the combis of the worst practices of the other two. Mmw mai

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The State tax 6-7% alr + kg rounded upwards + slightly 10% higher cost to cgw (more to vpost) + total cannot >$400 alr jitao sian Liao.
It's like the combis of the worst practices of the other two. Mmw mai
what state tax are you referring to? I've never been hit with any for Borderlinx (nor CGW).

KidOcelot

Reaction score
the hassle to go pick up yourself as well as unable to deliver at your appointed time is already a big turn off. dhl can always arrange to deliver between 7pm to 10pm when most are already home. don't you think that's a good plus point?

Well, to be honest, sometimes that's kind of a plus point for me. Cause I do order a lot online, I'd rather they not deliver straight to my home otherwise my parents will nag at me for buying stuff online again, or worse, have to trouble themselves to sign all those notices when they receive for me when I'm not home (more nagging about the hassle :p), so it's better sometimes for the courier to just leave the delivery notice and I go pick up at the nearby post-office on the weekend.

I do realise I am the minority in that since most would rather just receive it on their doorstep right away, but I'm lucky in that my post office is like a 5 minute walk away, so even if I get bulky boxes it's not too bad carrying it back.

Speaking of CGW's DHL service, my package from them is shown to have arrived at the DHL facility and is now with the delivery courier, but contrary to what their e-mail said, no one has called me or anything to schedule a delivery. Am I supposed to call them myself? Or are they already delivering to my home now?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Which email promised you a follow up call to schedule delivery?

you have to call 1800 285 8888 and schedule a delivery slot yourself, if not DHL will just deliver at their earliest convenience.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what state tax are you referring to? I've never been hit with any for Borderlinx (nor CGW).
State tax i think 6.5% for ohio (borderlinx) is sts absorbed by some merchants, or alr included in price. Other merchants for different pdts may charge VAT.

KidOcelot

Reaction score
Which email promised you a follow up call to schedule delivery?

you have to call 1800 285 8888 and schedule a delivery slot yourself, if not DHL will just deliver at their earliest convenience.

After I paid for the consolidated delivery, CGW sent me an automated e-mail with the header "Your shipment is on its way to you!"

And after the summary of packages within,
"What's Next? - Delivery! Our shipping agent will call you to agree a convenient time."

So yeah.. This being my first experience with CGW, I wouldn't know better.

KidOcelot

Reaction score
Ok, my shipment from CGW/DHL arrived, and it's the first and last time I'll be using CGW, or at least their useless concierge service.

First bad enough they took the wrong shipping option when I specified to opt for free shipping cause I specially added some small items to my order from the merchant to make up US$100 and qualify for free shipping (the extra items actually cost less than shipping).

Well stupid CGW still went ahead and selected express shipping, making the extra items redundant cause I didn't need them afterall if I was gonna go for express shipping. So in all I paid over US$20+ extra.

Then now, when my order is finally delivered to me, I find that those fools actually ordered the wrong item for me.

I ordered the special edition of a game and they ordered the bloody standard edition for me. Brand new copies of the special edition now go for over twice the original price. Unless they're gonna buy back this standard edition from me and buy me a special edition to make up for their error, that is some screwed up service on their part.

And yes, I checked the order confirmation they sent me - they actually confirmed that they ordered the special edition, but looking at the screenshot of their order now, they ordered the normal one.

So yeah, would highly NOT recommend Comgateway at all. Pay so expensive for nothing.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
After I paid for the consolidated delivery, CGW sent me an automated e-mail with the header "Your shipment is on its way to you!"

And after the summary of packages within,
"What's Next? - Delivery! Our shipping agent will call you to agree a convenient time."

So yeah.. This being my first experience with CGW, I wouldn't know better.
good spot, I've never realised it was there. Well, now you know what to do!

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, my shipment from CGW/DHL arrived, and it's the first and last time I'll be using CGW, or at least their useless concierge service.

First bad enough they took the wrong shipping option when I specified to opt for free shipping cause I specially added some small items to my order from the merchant to make up US$100 and qualify for free shipping (the extra items actually cost less than shipping).

Well stupid CGW still went ahead and selected express shipping, making the extra items redundant cause I didn't need them afterall if I was gonna go for express shipping. So in all I paid over US$20+ extra.

Then now, when my order is finally delivered to me, I find that those fools actually ordered the wrong item for me.

I ordered the special edition of a game and they ordered the bloody standard edition for me. Brand new copies of the special edition now go for over twice the original price. Unless they're gonna buy back this standard edition from me and buy me a special edition to make up for their error, that is some screwed up service on their part.

And yes, I checked the order confirmation they sent me - they actually confirmed that they ordered the special edition, but looking at the screenshot of their order now, they ordered the normal one.

So yeah, would highly NOT recommend Comgateway at all. Pay so expensive for nothing.

B4 u make yr buy4me payment, I trust they would hv given u a manifest of the items to be bought?..if it has been wrong, wouldn;t the amount hv differed by the cents you intended? And in so doing, question them b4 making payment.

Said can be said with vpos, I send my vConcierge, for 4 weeks liao, no confirmation of recieipt of concierge service, no reply...I was amazed, wtf.

AshleyRiot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to share something

Only for first timer using BL...and have Citi cc and had NEVER used BL (and their ridiculous charges) before..or those looking for their ridiculous hard to find shipping discount code...well, Citi have a promo till end of this mth which I saw on the my current mth statement...which I proceed to email them to find out more as I couldn't find any info... :s22: below is the correspondence with them....

re: Dear Mr Ashley

We wish to inform you that to be eligible for the promotion, you:

- must hold Citibank credit cards
- must not be Citi Globeshopper customer or have not used Citi
Globeshopper service in the past 2 years..
- must use Citi Globeshopper to ship your merchandises from our US or UK
sites to Singapore addresses
- shipping charge must be charged to Citibank credit cards during the
promotion period (01-30 April 2011)

Should you have any queries, alternatively, you may call our 24-Hour
CitiPhone Banking at 6225-5225.

Thank you for banking with Citibank.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Form Message
subject:Re:Enquiry on Product Promotions

Comments:Hi Meeshani,

Yes I do hold a Citi cc and I had used Citi Globeshopper for the
first time on 13th Apr to ship out from the the Globeshopper US suite to
Singapore. So does that mean I qualify and the cashback rebate will be
reflected in my upcoming statement?

Thanks

Yours sincerely

Meeshani Visvalingam
Client Correspondence

re: Dear Mr Ashley

Kindly be informed that 25% of the shipping charges will be credited
into eligible cardholder's credit card account within 2 months after the
campaign period ends (30 April 2011).

Thank you for banking with Citibank.

Yours sincerely

Kokilavani Ravi
Client Correspondence

Last edited:

KidOcelot

Reaction score
B4 u make yr buy4me payment, I trust they would hv given u a manifest of the items to be bought?..if it has been wrong, wouldn;t the amount hv differed by the cents you intended? And in so doing, question them b4 making payment.

Said can be said with vpos, I send my vConcierge, for 4 weeks liao, no confirmation of recieipt of concierge service, no reply...I was amazed, wtf.

Exactly, they sent me an e-mail with the actual header "Your comGateway Order XXXXXX - Placed", with all the line items supposedly ordered already, and in that manifest they sent me is clearly stated the collector's edition was ordered, so yeah, they screwed up big time and misrepresented their service.

I can't remember the exact steps already, but going through my e-mails I believe it's
1) Order using their BuyForMe service, with quantity and price of items entered in their form
2) They will get back to you with an Order Confirmation of the items you wanted from the merchant, and you check to verify quantity and prices and agree to make payment
3) They place the order and send you an Order Placed notification with the items again, and charge the respective amount to the card specified in previous step
4) Just wait for package to arrive in US and let them ship

I believe the part you're talking about before I made my payment is the e-mail at Step 2, but that was correct. In fact, even past Step 2, up until and including Step 3, where I got the aforementioned e-mail, ALL the items/prices/qty/everything included were correct, so I had no reason to believe anything was wrong.
They basically sent me a notice saying, ok this is the list of stuff you wanted, and we have already ordered it all for you. So there was no reason for me to suspect it had gone wrong behind the scenes, especially when everything they sent me was still in accordance with my order.

What happened was they probably sent out an automated mail for step 3 based on step 2, saying yeah yeah, we ordered those items you listed in step 2, but manually, the person doing the ordering between steps 2 and 3 screwed up and ordered wrong.

Even if it sold out or whatever (it has now, but it wasn't the case back then cause I remember checking and the merchant still had stocks when I received my order confirmation), I specified too to cancel the order if it could only be partially fulfilled.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if those idiots actually charged me more for the supposed special edition they did NOT order for me. Too tired to calculate all the individual costs now, and looks like I won't be able to get in touch with them till Monday in any case.

So damn frustrating. Now I'm stuck with a standard edition game that I don't need (I already bought it locally and was buying the Special Edition from overseas for collection), and will probably have to sell it off at a loss, and then pay a premium on eBay to buy the Special Ed that I was supposed to have ordered in the first place.

Anyway they've definitely lost me as a customer already. One time was enough. $#!++y service. Fancy interface also useless. Back to vPost for me.

Last edited:

belgarathc

Reaction score
Just to share something

Only for first timer using BL...and have Citi cc and had NEVER used BL (and their ridiculous charges) before..or those looking for their ridiculous hard to find shipping discount code...well, Citi have a promo till end of this mth which I saw on the my current mth statement...which I proceed to email them to find out more as I couldn't find any info... :s22: below is the correspondence with them....

I just shipped my items on Tuesday. 3 items, total shipped weight is 3.61 kg. I was charged SGD44.66 for shipping. Expensive? I just couldn't find any discount coupons.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just shipped my items on Tuesday. 3 items, total shipped weight is 3.61 kg. I was charged SGD44.66 for shipping. Expensive? I just couldn't find any discount coupons.
it's about there. question is, do you find it expensive?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@kidocelot, I feel u shd dispute this with them. cos everything is documented. There no indication of yr wrong judgment. They shunt be let off for this grave blunder for the good of their business and future customers like us. Ask to return goods and shipping fees. Shd be no prob, as us stiffs r all hv return policy. The loss is only the shipping fees and return shipping. Write in and rqt their dhl to pick up. At most, u bring it to their office. I support.

KidOcelot

Reaction score
@kidocelot, I feel u shd dispute this with them. cos everything is documented. There no indication of yr wrong judgment. They shunt be let off for this grave blunder for the good of their business and future customers like us. Ask to return goods and shipping fees. Shd be no prob, as us stiffs r all hv return policy. The loss is only the shipping fees and return shipping. Write in and rqt their dhl to pick up. At most, u bring it to their office. I support.

Yeah I will send in a dispute on Monday, but I'm not looking forward to the hassle. Even if they agree to return to the merchant for refund, I'm probably gonna have to wait at least a few weeks or a month to everything to be settled, keep chasing them, etc.

If and when I get my money back, already made a lost from the shipping, and I'll still need to pay a premium price to obtain the special edition I originally wanted from third parties on eBay or whatever.

So yeah, unlikely they can do anything do compensate for this c0ck-up, sadly.

Thinking I might as well try to sell it locally at a loss. Probably a bit more than how much I would lose returning it to them, but at least I know I get my money back for sure and wouldn't have to wait so long.

Best part is, looking at the screenshot of the order they placed at the merchant, can actually see they viewed the actual item I wanted (the special edition of the game), under "Items you have previously viewed", but they still went ahead and ordered the normal edition. Goofballs.

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KidOCelot, no I really think you shd purse to the bottom of it, claiming all damages: time loss, opportunity costs, interests, exaggerated its seriousness, even get them to get you the special edition, at their expenses...so that they hv less to backpaddled with..You shdn;t let them off.

Pen it correctly and reinterated by voice, talk to the manager, write to the top, all depends on you. You will get something..dun get try to recover losses yrself. They hv to bear it..

See how my concierge svs go with vpost, (10 items from origins) just sent rqt ytd. bad feel, 6:30 too.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.