Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score
Can explain a bit more on Prime member? I received a email welcome me to Prime, but I can't really find on internet of the benefit

There are cheaper shipping fees, and no consolidation charges (otherwise if u order more than 3 packages to be shipped, u get charged for each extra package), and also lower repacking fees and lower BuyForMe fees.

U'll definitely save money as a Prime member.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I have shipped an item via VPost before, does that mean I'm no longer eligible for this discount?

Christmas Promotion
$20 Off First Shipment for New Customers
Promo Period: 1 April to 31 December 2012

Limited to the first 150 customers per month. No minimum shipping charge is required.

- The promo code is valid for first-time usage, from 1 April to 31 December 2012.
- The promo code is valid for the first 150 new customers per month.
- The promo code can be utilised for vPOSTUSA, vPOSTJAPAN and vPOSTEUROPE shipping services, excluding fuel surcharges.
- The promo code is valid only when payment is made with a DBS/POSB Credit or Debit Card (Master and VISA only).
- The promo code cannot be combined with other on-going promotions or discounts.
- vPOST may, at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, vary, modify, delete or add to these terms and conditions.

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
Got some promo codes to share, let me know if they are any good for you.
1. Borderlinx - 10% off till 27 Nov '12 (XMAS10)
2. Borderlessbuys - AMEXT131, AMEXT262, AMEXT393 (US$10 off for each code)

PS: I have used the borderlessbuys codes, not sure if it is only one-off for each account or not.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Any promotion code for comgateway? I first time using comgateway. I order RL free usa ground shipping

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Advice pls

If my items costs Usd320 including US domestic shipping and taxes, will I be hit by the 7%GST?

I am using comgateway

Thanks

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
Advice pls

If my items costs Usd320 including US domestic shipping and taxes, will I be hit by the 7%GST?

I am using comgateway

Thanks

GST is computed without adding US domestic shipping and taxes. In this case, if comgateway did not input the amount, you should declare it with adding them on.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GSTyou is computed without adding US domestic shipping and taxes. In this case, if comgateway did not input the amount, you should declare it with adding them on.

Thanks for replying

What I need to understand is that whether Singapore side will charge me gst if my items cost usd320?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Advice pls

I am using comgateway

Thanks

After taking the CIF into consideration for a purchase costing US $320, by right you will be charged GST by CGW.

Thanks for replying

What I need to understand is that whether Singapore side will charge me gst if my items cost usd320?

Comgateway will be the one charging you GST; if not, most probably you would not be charged.

punk_thn

Reaction score
Hi guys need some advice

Anyone has a similar issue as me? Currently i have problems with the payment and it kept showing order authorisation rejected. Re-entered card details, tried using different browser. Live-chat also not helpful. :(

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After taking the CIF into consideration for a purchase costing US $320, by right you will be charged GST by CGW.

Comgateway will be the one charging you GST; if not, most probably you would not be charged.

Thanks for all replies.

Put it another way, how much can I buy in USD and avoid paying gst? Using comgateway here

Does the shipping cost from USA to Singapore come into play here? I think it does not

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all replies.

Put it another way, how much can I buy in USD and avoid paying gst? Using comgateway here

Does the shipping cost from USA to Singapore come into play here? I think it does not

It's largely dependent on the size of the package. US $200 can be GST-liable while US $300 can be GST-free. The amount that I like to use as a guide to play safe is US $250 though.

Yes, the shipping cost to SG from the US does come into play. Here is an example: Shopping Online USA | Shipping US Address | Online Buying USA

Last edited:

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's largely dependent on the size of the package. US $200 can be GST-liable while US $300 can be GST-free. The amount that I like to use as a guide to play safe is US $250 though.

Yes, the shipping cost to SG from the US does come into play. Here is an example: Shopping Online USA | Shipping US Address | Online Buying USA

orly, that means we won't know for sure if we need to pay gst until the items reaches cgw and they inform us the shipping cost.

so in summary, gst is applicable if the cost of the items plus international shipping exceeds $400, right?

of course, if the item costs more than sgd400 to begin with, then confirm must pay.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
orly, that means we won't know for sure if we need to pay gst until the items reaches cgw and they inform us the shipping cost.

Yes, we won't know for sure but we can gauge whether we would be charged GST by expecting the size of the package (and to a lesser extent the actual weight of the item and the exchange rate).

so in summary, gst is applicable if the cost of the items plus international shipping exceeds $400, right?

of course, if the item costs more than sgd400 to begin with, then confirm must pay.

Cost of package (product value + US sales tax + US domestic shipping charge)
Insurance
Freight (shipping charge from US to SG)

GST is liable as long as the CIF as explained is more than SGD 400.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry for this noob qns is hopshopgo now under cgw or the other way???

also can we enjoy the cgw 25% off shipping deals if we use hopshopgo???

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.