Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Tectrica

Reaction score
Have anyone tried shipping supplements from the US? Using comgateway, vpost, or borderlinx.
I always found supplements on the prohibited list but strange sites like iherb and vitacost still say they can shipped to SG. I just thought if 3rd party can shipped maybe lower cost.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Have anyone tried shipping supplements from the US? Using comgateway, vpost, or borderlinx.
I always found supplements on the prohibited list but strange sites like iherb and vitacost still say they can shipped to SG. I just thought if 3rd party can shipped maybe lower cost.

Yup, I always ship supplements via CGW, no issue.

senocs

Reaction score
has anyone used the vpost economy service yet ?
how many days did it take versus the vpost standard service ?
thanks

PGguy33

Reaction score
Hi, anyone tried to import power bank from Amazon with vpost before. My HooToo TripMate Titan is stuck in vpost warehouse in US. Need advice and help from kind soul here!

felali

Reaction score
Borderlinx - horrible, refused to repack my shipment

I'll just let pictures do most of the explanation.

1) Box was too large for the contents (that's Amazon's fault, heh)
2) Usually, forwarders will help cut down the outer box (done so very often, with ComGateWay)
3) Borderlinx refused to repack/cut-down my box, despite my email request to check again
4) Got charged an EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE fee for shipping a huge box with lots of air
5) Bonus: You can tell that my poor hard disk has been "swimming" around in a big empty box. bad for harddisks.

uLKOIge.jpg

zeUvAKm.jpg

I've stopped using Borderlinx for many years, after I felt CGW had much better service. Trying Borderlinx again because of the 20% discount. BAD MISTAKE.

stiwipl

Reaction score
[...]
I've stopped using Borderlinx for many years, after I felt CGW had much better service. Trying Borderlinx again because of the 20% discount. BAD MISTAKE.

Wow, what a rip off. But Borderlinx has ripped me off as well and rejected repacking clothes...

I still don't understand why you guys are not using ShopAndShip. In your example, 3.5kg shipment would cost you the total of S$45. I have no physical ability to test it out in Singapore, since I moved to Dubai (where I discovered S&S since it is UAE company), but this is what I would be using in SG too.

S&S doesn't charge by volumetric weight but by physical (real) weight. Lifetime membership cost US$45 but you can get it for free with the coupons located here.

Please check S&S rates here, details below:

Singapore:

Rates from S&S origins (China, South Africa, Turkey, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan and Lebanon) are SGD 22.00 for the first 0.5 kg and SGD 8.00 for each additional 0.5 kg.
Rates from S&S origins (USA, UK, Hong Kong, UAE, India, Malaysia and Thailand) are SGD 15.00 for the first 0.5 kg and SGD 5.00 for each additional 0.5 kg.

Seriously, is vPost or CGW cheaper than that?
The only S&S con is that they do not offer consolidation. Delivery is by Aramex courier.

Last edited:

felali

Reaction score
Wow, what a rip off. But Borderlinx has ripped me off as well and rejected repacking clothes...

I still don't understand why you guys are not using ShopAndShip. In your example, 3.5kg shipment would cost you the total of S$45. I have no physical ability to test it out in Singapore, since I moved to Dubai (where I discovered S&S since it is UAE company), but this is what I would be using in SG too.

S&S doesn't charge by volumetric weight but by physical (real) weight. Lifetime membership cost US$45 but you can get it for free with the coupons located here.

The only S&S con is that they do not offer consolidation. Delivery is by Aramex courier.

Registered an account, thank you!

I'll need to try it out to see first. I recently shipped a harddisk from Amazon via CGW, for around US$18 (1KG). The good thing was that it arrived really quickly, and I have a great relationship with the DHL guy who serves my area.

Will take time to use and try. I also have accounts with 2 other forwarders, too lazy and risk averse to try at the moment.

CyberMew

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

ezbuy is cheaper. It's good alternative if you buy in places not supported by ezbuy. Actually there is a cheaper alternative with good options, but I can't remember the website right now. Most importantly signup is free.

Last edited:

stiwipl

Reaction score
ezbuy is cheaper. It's good alternative if you buy in places not supported by ezbuy. Actually there is a cheaper alternative with good options, but I can't remember the website right now. Most importantly signup is free.

It may be cheaper, but they charge by volumetric weight, not real weight like ShopAndShip. Beside with S&S you get addresses in 22 countries. Sign up is free with S&S with promo codes I gave above.

batboyz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hard to compare S&S and CGW, since CGW is using DHL/Fedex compared to S&S that is using Aramex. Different service level and shipping time. Personally, I prefer DHL. DHL is the best in SG at least.

Comparing just the rates, CGW rates fluctuates from our perspective, since their rates are in USD compared to SGD for S&S.

In addition, I noticed S&S warehouse in US is in NYC. NY is not a tax-free state, unlike CGW's warehouse in Oregon which is a tax-free state.

Last edited:

inspirit

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Vshop4u?

I'm tryin to ship 3 stethoscopes from a USA website, and I've never tried any parcel forwarding services before, but I'm rly quite hesitant to use Vpost or any of the other services after reading all these nightmare reviews...

Has anyone tried vshop4u before? It's run by vpost, where they'll help me buy the item from the website I want and handle everything. They claim that they'll give me an "all-inclusive, guaranteed price quote" (which im assuming includes delivery to singapore), but how can they give me a quote if they don't even know how heavy or large my parcel is? What if they rip me off and demand further payment for delivery after I pay for my stethoscopes (via vshop4u)?

Edit: I looked at some other threads and saw that ppl recommended gshipexpress cos it's more reliable, have any of you tried it before?

Last edited:

phodey

Reaction score
Shipping from jackspade

Hi,

I am trying to acquire some jackspade item from US and heard from some friends that jackspade does not allow shipping to a proxy address. May I know if these is any forwarder that can do the shipping from us to sg for Jackspade ?

plsoong

Reaction score
Process of order - shipment - receiving

Hi,

sorry if this sound too noob. Fact is, ive never sent my online orders through other forwarding companies, but as ill have to "purchase" a couple of ebay items worth USD 1500 each, i was hoping to know what to do to reduce the entire cost involved.

So, are the following the correct steps:-

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc),

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay? how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged?

appreciate your time to provide some guidance.

cheers!

yongster84

Reaction score
Hi,

I have provided my answers to your questions in red. Hope this helps!

Hi,

sorry if this sound too noob. Fact is, ive never sent my online orders through other forwarding companies, but as ill have to "purchase" a couple of ebay items worth USD 1500 each, i was hoping to know what to do to reduce the entire cost involved.

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc), Yup.

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above. Yup.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay? Yes, they will inform you when the item arrived at their warehouse.how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged? It depends on whether the forwarder provides re-packing service.

cheers!

Greenworm

Reaction score
Hi could anybody help me, i'm trying to ship some spare light bulbs over from Mathmos UK but i got rejected both by Comgateway and Vpost.

Anyone got any lobang how to ship stuff over from UK? Seems like there's a problem with taxes and surcharge with comgateway and vpost...

Really needing those bulbs dearly!

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi could anybody help me, i'm trying to ship some spare light bulbs over from Mathmos UK but i got rejected both by Comgateway and Vpost.

Anyone got any lobang how to ship stuff over from UK? Seems like there's a problem with taxes and surcharge with comgateway and vpost...

Really needing those bulbs dearly!

U got try the vpost UK address? I sent via vpost UK before. Very expensive

manXeater

Reaction score
I bought something off Grailed.com and the seller shipped via USPS insured to CGW. Instead of shipping to PORTLAND, OR, 97252. They sent it to PORTLAND, OR, 97238. What's happening.

ShopandShip.com

Featured Sponsor for Ratings Boards
Reaction score
For Regular Shippers, Here's a Great Option

Hi plsoong
Your items are high-value, so make sure your forwarder has shipment insurance just in case. Our service, Shopandship.com, provides free shipment protection of up to USD100. For USD 100 and up to USD 2500, the protection fee will be 1%.

For Regular Shippers, you may check out our FLEX membership which entitles you to free shipment protection and large cost savings with shipping fees calculated at per 100g basis only.

Example: Many forwarders charge by per 500g, so even if your shipment weight is 1.6kg, you would need to pay for 2kg. For our FLEX membership, members only need to pay rates for 1.6kg exactly.

Shop & Ship Flex Rates (Actual Weight):
Ship from US & UK at
S$9 for the first 100g
S$1 for each additional 100g

Above 3kg - Special Rate
S$4 per 500g

Find out more at our website

23472069_1760644287281812_546268146132326976_n.png

Hi,

I have provided my answers to your questions in red. Hope this helps!

Hi,

1) Register to have a US address with one of the forwarding companies (ezbuy, cGW, Borderlinx, vPost, etc),Yup.

2) Bid/buy from ebay seller and ask him/her to deliver to the US address from above.Yup.

3) Do i need to do anything from here? or will the forwarding companies contact me to say the items are in their warehouse and that i should pay?Yes, they will inform you when the item arrived at their warehouse. how to reduce the bulk of the original box but still have bubble wrapping to ensure that anything sensitive will not be damaged?
It depends on whether the forwarder provides re-packing service.

cheers!

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone use MyUS? Tried to buy a gpu from nvidia store with comgateway, it always failed and came with error "Payment authorization failed, please try again or use another payment method."

Not sure if use other shipping vendor can help or not...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.