Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

mafostedu

Reaction score
What a nice gesture from Comgateay, Seems like they dont want to have Indian customer anymore. They themselves dont know why they had closed my account, too bad for such a reputed shipper

and after this the live chat stopped replying for 20min and closed my chat, is this the way you deal with your customer, are you hearing cg?

now other person is quoting reason "compromised by an external source "

what does exactly it means ?
Code:
	Abby: 	
[11:18:17]- HI James.
	Abby: 	
[11:18:28]- Did you receive the latest email from us?
	james: 	
[11:18:43]- yeah just we hours ago
	james: 	
[11:19:12]- Your merchant recently has notified us that your purchase(s) with comGateway has been compromised. As such, we have closed your account in accordance to our terms of use policy stated in section 2 item 8 of our website. The package will be returned to the merchant.
	james: 	
[11:20:24]- i just want to know, which merchant has got dispute
	james: 	
[11:20:32]- so that i can look into the matter with him personally
	Abby: 	
[11:21:17]- For DIY package, purchaser supposed to know which merchant are you purchasing from
	james: 	
[11:21:55]- Actually i got only 3 package
	james: 	
[11:22:05]- and all of them are phones , nexus 4
	james: 	
[11:22:13]- and there is nothing like DIY package in my suite
	james: 	
[11:22:44]- all phones i had bought from Ebay, and i dont see any dispute with any of the seller
	Abby: 	
[11:26:52]- We believe that Users account may have been compromised. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend access to the Site at any time without assigning any reason. We shall not be liable to User or to any other party for any damages, losses, cost or expenses howsoever caused by or arising out of such termination or suspension.

Last edited:

kobe12

Reaction score
Hi Comgateway,

I'm a new CGW user. I purchased 2 items from amazon last week: Zyxel NSA320 NAS and WD Red 3TB hdd.

My package has just arrived at CGW. But when i look at my package chargeable wt.,i was surprised that it was doubled from what i was expecting.

From Zyxel official website, the packed wt of the NAS is only 1.35kg. The WD hdd is 0.7kg which gives a total actual wt. of 2.05kg. CGW however states that the actual wt. is 2.95kg. This is quite acceptable, but...

By volumetric calculation: the NAS packing dimension is 28cm x 17.3cm x 21cm. (taken again from zyxel website). This will give a volumetric wt of 28x17.3x21/5000 = 2.03kg rounding up will be 2.5kg.

CGW again however indicates vol. wt = 4.92kg!!! therefore quoting chargeable wt of 5kg!

Pls look in to this. My package ref no. btw is RCPTD031913145852.

hellhole

Reaction score
Long time never use services such as vpost, cgw, borderlinx. Do we still need to send them the merchant invoice after purchase? Seems on the website they never mention that anymore.

no longer needed... but make sure you have your name on the item... so that they can match to your account.

bennykusman

Reaction score
hi comgateway,

if the shipment to Oregon, is it considered as tax-free ?
do we have to pay tax when we ship to the Oregon address ?

My suite ID: SGW-CPWVT

vipin_lalla

Reaction score
me too faced same question, 2 week back they closed my account without giving any reason, and promised they will return 4 phone back to the sellers.

Its been 2 week, they aren't giving the return tracking details, and also seller's saying that didn't got anything back.

Paypal is asking for return tracking to issue refund :(

Seems i have to go legal way with CG in order to get my 4 phones back

What a nice gesture from Comgateay, Seems like they dont want to have Indian customer anymore. They themselves dont know why they had closed my account, too bad for such a reputed shipper

and after this the live chat stopped replying for 20min and closed my chat, is this the way you deal with your customer, are you hearing cg?

now other person is quoting reason "compromised by an external source "

what does exactly it means ?
Code:
	Abby: 	
[11:18:17]- HI James.
	Abby: 	
[11:18:28]- Did you receive the latest email from us?
	james: 	
[11:18:43]- yeah just we hours ago
	james: 	
[11:19:12]- Your merchant recently has notified us that your purchase(s) with comGateway has been compromised. As such, we have closed your account in accordance to our terms of use policy stated in section 2 item 8 of our website. The package will be returned to the merchant.
	james: 	
[11:20:24]- i just want to know, which merchant has got dispute
	james: 	
[11:20:32]- so that i can look into the matter with him personally
	Abby: 	
[11:21:17]- For DIY package, purchaser supposed to know which merchant are you purchasing from
	james: 	
[11:21:55]- Actually i got only 3 package
	james: 	
[11:22:05]- and all of them are phones , nexus 4
	james: 	
[11:22:13]- and there is nothing like DIY package in my suite
	james: 	
[11:22:44]- all phones i had bought from Ebay, and i dont see any dispute with any of the seller
	Abby: 	
[11:26:52]- We believe that Users account may have been compromised. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend access to the Site at any time without assigning any reason. We shall not be liable to User or to any other party for any damages, losses, cost or expenses howsoever caused by or arising out of such termination or suspension.

feist_

Reaction score
Horrid Experience with Borderlinx - BE WARNED ABOUT THEIR CONCIERGE!

So I decided to try out the Borderlinx concierge to get this vegan, organic facemask, filled with really great plant material. It cost $32.

When the item arrived, they said the value was $10 - so I told their Live Chat that this was wrong. They asked me to give them the merchant invoice. as proof

So I said - it was a concierge order, hence I didn't have the invoice.

Then I got suspicious - because the item had decreased in price to $28 AFTER I had made the payment. Could it be that I actually deserved a refund of $4? So I asked for the merchant invoice, but they did not give this to me.

When the item arrived, i discovered that there was no invoice, Borderlinx had removed the original amazon packaging, and my little jar of mask arrived CRACKED, its seal BROKEN, and the box damaged. And my mask is dried up.

I've been on Live Chat with borderlinx for the past half hour, and nobody can give me a reply. Their claims form is crazy and filled with insurance jargon. And I need the merchant invoice.

I have little hope of getting my money back.

odyas

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
How do I know which is my suite ID? I just purchased something using the US address given to me by CGW. Would that be sufficient?

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Hi,
How do I know which is my suite ID? I just purchased something using the US address given to me by CGW. Would that be sufficient?

Hmm.. your suite ID is the 'c/o SGx-xxxx' ;replacing the x with the letters CGW gave you.

As long as you have that along with the correct address, zipcode, and state, you should be fine

iodium

Reaction score
Hi Comgateway,
If I want to buy playing cards (poker cards) from US and shipping them to Singapore. Is it legal?

Vpost dont have this restriction while borderlinx put "gambling apparatus" under list of prohibited items.

How about comgateway?
Btw, I use OCBC shoponline - comgateway.

Thanks!

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
comgateway, can u advise prime rate shipping cost to singapore normal

dimension of parcel size 12" x 12" x 50", weight 23lbs, cost $199USD.

i can't find the shipping cost calculator.

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
comgateway, can u advise prime rate shipping cost to singapore normal

dimension of parcel size 12" x 12" x 50", weight 23lbs, cost $199USD.

i can't find the shipping cost calculator.

To calculate to volumetric, it would be (LxBxH)/305. So with the dimensions you provided, it would sum up to be 24kg chargable weight.

Including insurance, and fuel surcharge, it would cost you 155.36USD, to ship that item. :s22:

Spongy

Master Member
Reaction score
So I decided to try out the Borderlinx concierge to get this vegan, organic facemask, filled with really great plant material. It cost $32.

When the item arrived, they said the value was $10 - so I told their Live Chat that this was wrong. They asked me to give them the merchant invoice. as proof

So I said - it was a concierge order, hence I didn't have the invoice.

Then I got suspicious - because the item had decreased in price to $28 AFTER I had made the payment. Could it be that I actually deserved a refund of $4? So I asked for the merchant invoice, but they did not give this to me.

When the item arrived, i discovered that there was no invoice, Borderlinx had removed the original amazon packaging, and my little jar of mask arrived CRACKED, its seal BROKEN, and the box damaged. And my mask is dried up.

I've been on Live Chat with borderlinx for the past half hour, and nobody can give me a reply. Their claims form is crazy and filled with insurance jargon. And I need the merchant invoice.

I have little hope of getting my money back.

I have had issues with borderlinx before and it took me more than 3 months to settle with no less than 10 live chats. Eventually, I had to approach Citibank to get them to help and it worked! They responded favourably (of course as they overcharged me for dimensional weight and double charging an item).

My advice in the whole episode is, never give up and don't get agitated as this is bad for your health (I was hitting the roof whenever I chat with them).

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
US$360.80 x 1.494= S$539.04

7% GST = S$37.73
+ 5% Service Charge (because we incur bank processing charges too) = S$1.89
Total Tax = S$39.62 (USD26.79)

In other words, shopping with CGW = 7.35% GST!
Guess I'll stick with Borderlinx.

vipin_lalla

Reaction score
what a bloody ******* comgateway is

on Friday they said they had returned the item, and mailed me tracking, however i didn't got any tracking

and today on live chat they are saying, they dont share information of suspected accounts, and items has already been returned, and they cant share tracking details with me.

However, all of my seller has denied receiving any items back, and Paypal is asking me for return tracking details for issuing refund..

What a bloody sucker comgateway is, they are trying to scam me 2000$ worth phones..

please help me guyz what should i do ?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a) Stop scamming
b) Lawyer up

Pick either one.

Most ebay sellers are reputable, and when the return was successfully received, they should have refunded you.

Of course, unless someone in CGW-warehouse kept the items for themselves, and claiming it's been returned. It would seem easy to do so when you don't have to share return tracking information with anyone else.

vipin_lalla

Reaction score
Sir,

First of all i would like to clarify, you had not been able to provide me any proof that my account is fraud, one customer representative told me, i ordered same phone 4 units, hence they are suspecting some fraud and hence closing it.

I am ok if you dont want me as customer and damm happy that you will be sending the items back to the merchants mean ebay sellers.

The thing come in scene, since i contacted all 4 sellers, and none of them has got their phone back, as well as i contacted Paypal, and they are asking for return tracking number.

So still if i initiate refund, Seller will simply say i had shipped the item, and paypal will close the case in their favor, without having any return tracking information, how can i believe you that you had returned the item back to the sellers.

Hi Vipin
Your account has been closed due to fraud. We would also like to clarify that we have not sent you anything on Friday, 22 March, as we do not share information of fraud accounts.

If your account has been closed due to fraud, what will happen is:
• We return the products to the merchant, you may liaise with them directly to follow up on the refund
• We cancel shipments and refund shipping payment to your payment method. All refunds take about 14 days to be reflected in your account, depending on your bank/card issuer's internal processes and billing cycle.

Working with merchants to eliminate fraud is one of the ways we ensure that merchants and customers trust us, and will continue working with us

Thanks!

vipin_lalla

Reaction score
a) I am not scamming up, i am posting updates here, because neither they do reply to my mails, and whenever i ask for tracking they keep me in hold in chat for 30 mins, and then close the chat box, this is the way they had been treating me since paste 2 weeks.

b) I dont think just for 2000$ i should go into legal process, but if i don't get my phones returned back to the sellers, its sure i am going to bash them in each and every forum where they promote their service.

I dont have any problem if they are returning item, i just want the return confirmation so that i can initiate the refund :(

a) Stop scamming
b) Lawyer up

Pick either one.

Most ebay sellers are reputable, and when the return was successfully received, they should have refunded you.

Of course, unless someone in CGW-warehouse kept the items for themselves, and claiming it's been returned. It would seem easy to do so when you don't have to share return tracking information with anyone else.

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score
what a bloody ******* comgateway is

on Friday they said they had returned the item, and mailed me tracking, however i didn't got any tracking

and today on live chat they are saying, they dont share information of suspected accounts, and items has already been returned, and they cant share tracking details with me.

However, all of my seller has denied receiving any items back, and Paypal is asking me for return tracking details for issuing refund..

What a bloody sucker comgateway is, they are trying to scam me 2000$ worth phones..

I can understand why they closed your account, your buying activity sounds quite suspicious.
But still, they should give u the tracking information when u request it. Otherwise how to prove to PayPal that u returned the items, to get your refund?

If necessary, file a complaint with CASE or a small-claims court. The court could force them to give the tracking number. or if it's not resolved in time before the 45 days that PayPal gives to resolve disputes, and u lose 2K as a result, the court can force comgateway to pay u the 2k.
If ure really not a scammer, CASE or the court should side with u.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any promotion going on with CWG or Hopshopgo?Like $10 off or new sign up etc?

jf

Reaction score
Hi Comgateway,
If I want to buy playing cards (poker cards) from US and shipping them to Singapore. Is it legal?

Vpost dont have this restriction while borderlinx put "gambling apparatus" under list of prohibited items.

How about comgateway?
Btw, I use OCBC shoponline - comgateway.

Thanks!

you can buy playing cards legally in Singapore, so... what's the problem? you don't have to gamble with cards. You can play normal games with cards. Like Hearts! (btw, are these bicycle cards?)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.