Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

runforyourlife

Reaction score
comgateway, its no point asking ppl to PM when the rectification could be done initially through the CSOs.

aaahua

Reaction score
Hi there
The Tax and duties applicable does refer to GST, which is levied based on CIF(Cost of Goods + Insurance + Freight).

More info on GST here: customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trad/cle/Internet+PurchasesPostal+Parcels.htm

If you can PM us your Suite ID (the c/o portion of your U.S. address) then we can look at your package in detail and explain it to you. :)

PM Sent over

trumpetdog

Reaction score
@LameRule, yeah... CGW's way of handling customer issues is very, sad to say, Singaporean (Government). You only have one avenue to engage customer service and there is absolutely no feedback mechanism on their website. You are held at the mercy of their customer service staff.

@comGateway: Public holiday notwithstanding, I am still very disappointed in the way Comgateway is handling this. Basically e-mails have been ignored and only when I go through multiple channels does anything crawl along. I have now been told that Comgateway will need to check with the Portland facility again. I really hope you don't come back again to tell me to claim against FedEx even though you now have read the e-mail containing the signed POD from FedEx. I will still raise the issue through the forum if nothing is done.

Recently tried ComGateway after hearing about it from this forum. I bought 5 pieces of sports attire and a pack of decals on Amazon and had them shipped to CGW, there was no repack option.

One of my shipments which was shipped by an Amazon Partner via FedEx ended up lost, and the decals cost 3x their value to ship via CGW.

I contacted the customer service expressing my overall dissatisfaction with the service and requested if they could at least help place the decals in one of my boxes, or failing that to dispose of it (to avoid paying storage fees). They gave a very curt reply stating that the item has been disposed, and ignored my complaint.

When the delivery arrived I was able to repack all 5 items + packing material into a single box with total weight of < 3kg. I paid way more than I had to for 4/6 of the items I bought online.

Stick to BorderLinx if you have a Citibank card.

Hi there
Yesterday was a public holiday. We respond to all Customer Service enquiries within 1 business day, and will do so with yours as well. Hence we will reply you by end of day today.
As you are already in touch with the Customer Service team via email, we will be responding to you via this medium.
Cheers

runforyourlife

Reaction score
comgateway, can u point the link to me on the new calculation of committed shipping cost in borderlessbuys itself? thanks!

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Hi there
We need the Suite ID so our Customer Service team can help ;)
Cheers

which i'm sure was given initially in the webchat yea????? if that was done correct initially, there's no need to voice displeasure all over the online space for awareness yea?

anyway i have a query on the post above this :)

haiz

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you able to help with applying my shipping guarantee?

I have PMed you but yet to get a reply.
Your customer service also have not done it yet, and I supposed it's almost end of office hours for them and that simply means I have to wait another day.

Sincerely appreciate it if this can be taken care of ASAP.

thanks.

haiz

Reaction score
Hi there
You've emailed us regarding this, and we've already replied you via email about an hour ago.
Cheers

I just seen your email. I am not sure why couldn't your customer service help to forward the request to the correct email instead of the time wasted on replying me after such a long while, telling me to forward my request to another email.
I had already provided the required information.

I'm sure you have some reasons on your end but I just think that it is kind of inefficient to do that.

I have since email to the correct email address.

Hopefully this will be done soon.

thanks.

revolta

Reaction score
Hi there
Our BuyForMe service will help you with that :) Simply login and click "BuyForMe" form.

I thought the service is use if they do not accept international credit card.

That time i try to order zegna or massimo dutti product, they reject me as they told me they do not deliver to shipping company.

MayoSlayer

Reaction score
Hi comgateway,
I'm abit confused about the repackage part, if i order separate orders from 2 different online shops ( karmaloop, mltd), can you repackage to a single box ?

edit : and can i stack the promo codes given in the welcome pack ?

Last edited:

feist_

Reaction score
So I decided to try out the Borderlinx concierge to get this vegan, organic facemask, filled with really great plant material. It cost $32.

When the item arrived, they said the value was $10 - so I told their Live Chat that this was wrong. They asked me to give them the merchant invoice. as proof

So I said - it was a concierge order, hence I didn't have the invoice.

Then I got suspicious - because the item had decreased in price to $28 AFTER I had made the payment. Could it be that I actually deserved a refund of $4? So I asked for the merchant invoice, but they did not give this to me.

When the item arrived, i discovered that there was no invoice, Borderlinx had removed the original amazon packaging, and my little jar of mask arrived CRACKED, its seal BROKEN, and the box damaged. And my mask is dried up.

I've been on Live Chat with borderlinx for the past half hour, and nobody can give me a reply. Their claims form is crazy and filled with insurance jargon. And I need the merchant invoice.

I have little hope of getting my money back.

Reply from Borderlinx regarding my claims:
Dear (name),

Welcome to Borderlinx.

This is in reference of your last e-mail, please be informed as you hadn't purchased the Item which got damage with your Citibank card in this case, we need to file with DHL and DHL refunds as per their limited liability under which Every package is transported on a limited liability basis. DHL liability is strictly limited to direct loss and damage only and to the per kilo/lb limits: $US 25.00/kilogram or $US 11.34/lb for Shipments transported by air or other non-road mode of transportation. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including, but not limited to, lost profits, income, interest or future business). I hope it'll help.

Best Regards,

Subhash Kumar

Borderlinx Support
----

So guess what? When you place orders using their concierge, making payment with Citibank card, they don't place your U.S. orders with Citibank card, hence your purchases do not enjoy the free insurance.

God forbid you ship a laptop which you've shopped using their concierge, which they've repacked poorly, and it gets lost or damaged.

And the CS sucks. I had to chase them for a follow up. Their 24h reply timeline is fake. Dishonest. It's really more like 5 days.

meowmann

Reaction score
Hi,

Can I check if I forgot to put the c/o number in the address, will I still be able to get the item based on my name?

Am trying to buy something from the lego shop and not sure if they are willing to ship to your address...

shirlin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reply from Borderlinx regarding my claims:
Dear (name),

Welcome to Borderlinx.

This is in reference of your last e-mail, please be informed as you hadn't purchased the Item which got damage with your Citibank card in this case, we need to file with DHL and DHL refunds as per their limited liability under which Every package is transported on a limited liability basis. DHL liability is strictly limited to direct loss and damage only and to the per kilo/lb limits: $US 25.00/kilogram or $US 11.34/lb for Shipments transported by air or other non-road mode of transportation. All other types of loss or damage are excluded (including, but not limited to, lost profits, income, interest or future business). I hope it'll help.

Best Regards,

Subhash Kumar

Borderlinx Support
----

So guess what? When you place orders using their concierge, making payment with Citibank card, they don't place your U.S. orders with Citibank card, hence your purchases do not enjoy the free insurance.

God forbid you ship a laptop which you've shopped using their concierge, which they've repacked poorly, and it gets lost or damaged.

And the CS sucks. I had to chase them for a follow up. Their 24h reply timeline is fake. Dishonest. It's really more like 5 days.

it really takes freaking long for borderlinx to reply ... encountered once and i have to get online every night to chase them for the reply zzz!

bunnyoboy

Reaction score
delivery failed

Hi com gate way,

My delivery to my us address failed yesterday due to no one on premise. And they will redeliver again in 2 days time and maybe after office hours.

Can comgateway Help contact FedEx for my failed delivery to make sure it is successfully delivered? I am a first time user and afraid my stuff will get returned or lost.

Please advise asap. I can provide u with the tracking information from FedEx for my stuff.

Last edited:

vampielgod

Reaction score
Hi Compgateway,

This is my first time using Compgateway.

Recently i have make some purchases directly with the merchant. So far i have only receive an confirmation email from the merchant itself and providing me with an tracking number.

But up till now, then is no email from Compgateway yet, was wondering whether is there any issue with my purchase using the compgateway supplied US address?
Please refer to the attached.

There is also an statement stating, "UPS will attempt delivery; package will not be transferred to local post office for delivery", is there any issue?

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
There is also an statement stating, "UPS will attempt delivery; package will not be transferred to local post office for delivery", is there any issue?

No issues. Only means that instead of USPS making the delivery, UPS will do it. Because the contract for that shipping method is that UPS will sent it to portland post office, and USPS will deliver. However sometimes if the package is running late, possibly like in your case now, UPS will deliver instead of wasting a day to pass over to USPS.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My package has been stuck at HK for 12 hours. Usually once clearance completed it takes a few hrs to ship to singapore already but this time round my package has not left HK yet.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
comgateway so good till they extent their customer service here :)

Reaction score
Any other options

There are many complaints about comgateway inflating shipping cost eg. something that weighs 0.5kg they will put it as 2kg.

Anyone tried other options such as mail forwarding?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.