Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

Vulpix

Reaction score
This Live Quote system is pretty terrible siah. If the shipping price is lower than the Live Quote price, you don't get a refund of the shipping guarantee. They get to jiak $3 for nothing.

feist_

Reaction score
This Live Quote system is pretty terrible siah. If the shipping price is lower than the Live Quote price, you don't get a refund of the shipping guarantee. They get to jiak $3 for nothing.

isnt it quite obvious that you're buying a form of insurance against unexpected prices here. if you use the guarantee then you're in a sense making a "claim".

so to replace your every reference to live quote with the word "Insurance" or "claims", then what you've just said is like saying:

Insurance is pretty terrible siah. If the claims price is lower than the Insurance price, you don't get a refund of the Insurance premium. They get to jiak $3 for nothing.

did that still make sense to you? treat the $3 as you're buying peace of mind - because if the shipping is higher, you jiak them at least $3 for something.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the weight they count is not by weighting your parcel..

it count by Volumetric Weight L X H X D / 5000 like that of the parcel .. if u parcel is big ya you get more weight

There are many complaints about comgateway inflating shipping cost eg. something that weighs 0.5kg they will put it as 2kg.

Anyone tried other options such as mail forwarding?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share my 2nd time experience of using vPost:

Purchase of a Camera body from Amazon:
Date & Time : 07/05/2013 12:14 PM Status : Final Delivery
Date & Time : 06/05/2013 04:58 PM Status : Depart from S’pore Airport Processing Ctr
Date & Time : 06/05/2013 04:46 PM Status : Arrival in S’pore
Date & Time : 02/05/2013 02:29 PM Status : *ETA arrival in S’pore Airport Processing Ctr (06/05/2013)*
Date & Time : 01/05/2013 01:56 AM Status : Package Paid
Date & Time : 23/04/2013 05:49 AM Status : Processed in U.S.A

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
comgateway first 10% off code is what? i had problem viewing my first starter email image..

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hey i had abit problem here!!
i had submit my cgw order using posb cc.... but you know now dbs got ask us to key in the code, that part i had problem.. i accidentally cancel it and the order seen to be "In progress" how ah? want to knw isit passed ?

Last edited:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
was looking for this.... :D
i done the same as you just now

Sharing my experience with comgateway~

Ordering and etc was all okay, and comgateway notified me that my shipping was there faster than UPS.

Then I was paying for shipping to Singapore. I used Paypal, tried about 5 times, all return errors (comgateway errors). So I used POSB/DBS card, then they will SMS me a pin to confirm that it's a legal sale. But I didn't have my phone with me, I cancelled the OTP, but comgateway recognised as successful. Then they just started shipping out.

Idk if is loophole in comgateway or DBS. Didn't confirm payment through OTP yet still charged.

Anyway, if you have a DBS/POSB card, use comgateway. They got rewards for registering your card with them :)

vampielgod

Reaction score
Hi comgateway, I would like to ask if the products will be send to the billing address?
If yes, what if during the time nobody is at home? Will they send to the nearest post office?

Please advise

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi comgateway, I would like to ask if the products will be send to the billing address?
If yes, what if during the time nobody is at home? Will they send to the nearest post office?

Please advise

i help you ...

their delivery is via DHL
u SHOULD track your package via DHL Singapore website simply bcos it is slightly more detailed than the US one
also, u SHOULD sign up for the SMS alerts ...

they (DHL) will then SMS u depending on what u opted SMS notifications for ...
so say for example, u opted for "with delivery courier" u would then get an sms accordingly ...
should you miss the delivery, you can call DHL to schedule another delivery ...

i don't think dropping off at the nearest post office is an option ...

perhaps u could get them to deliver to your office instead

cheers

vampielgod

Reaction score
i help you ...

their delivery is via DHL
u SHOULD track your package via DHL Singapore website simply bcos it is slightly more detailed than the US one
also, u SHOULD sign up for the SMS alerts ...

they (DHL) will then SMS u depending on what u opted SMS notifications for ...
so say for example, u opted for "with delivery courier" u would then get an sms accordingly ...
should you miss the delivery, you can call DHL to schedule another delivery ...

i don't think dropping off at the nearest post office is an option ...

perhaps u could get them to deliver to your office instead

cheers

Hi Thanks alot for your advise, but can i ask a question, look through the DHL website, the tracking number stated, is it refering to the same tracking number as the US when we ordered from the merchant?

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Thanks alot for your advise, but can i ask a question, look through the DHL website, the tracking number stated, is it refering to the same tracking number as the US when we ordered from the merchant?

the link to the DHL tracking is from CGW's page ...
once u have that link, it'll bring u to DHL US tracking page ...
copy the waybill number and paste it onto DHL Singapore's (the only advantage SG's site has is that shows you the number of pieces of your packages (whether consolidated or not) thru the various stages ...
of cos this is only helpful if you have more than 1 package being sent from CGW

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just received this from GCW's CS :

"Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our services.
We are writing to inform you that we have received a package at your US address but we would need more information in regards to the package received to facilitate our package identification process.
Kindly provide us with information such as the package's merchant tracking number, item description and/or item value in order to expedite on the matching. ..............."

since i already experienced package tampered with, and one of the items within stolen ... can't help but be paranoid !

so i'm thinking to myself ... if it's unidentified ... how then they know :
1) to receive it
2) to know that it's for me (since CGW doesn't work like vPost where u inform them (in the past) of packages due)

lastly, i can't help but think if the original packaging had been tampered with (again) ...

kayden

Reaction score
hi guys!

BFM Express is now relaunched as BFME, and we continue to provide effective buyforme solutions for our customers. the old site is no longer functioning, as we've moved to http://bfmesg.wix.com/home. in addition, we're now offering a promotional exchange rate of 1.27 SGD to 1 USD. that's right, whenever we purchase items for you, you will be paying just 1.27 SGD for every USD billed by merchants--no additional charges.

thank you for your support!

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
USPS has become horrendous. Paid USD7 for priority mail which was supposed to be delivered in 2 business days, but it sat there at the origin post office and only started moving just today, which was 9 days after it was posted out. not accounting for weekend, its 7 business days. should have just topped up 3USD more for UPS ground argh.. :mad:

SVG84R

Reaction score
comgateway: for first time user for the service and to enjoy the welcome package, do i necessary need to use dbs/posb cc? can i use citibank cc but still enjoy the starter package?

deadjr

Reaction score
Yes!!! Thank you and is there anyway I can calculate volume weight more accurately? Apparently your webbie only calculates mass weight..

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i remember is tag to account and not to your card.. as long is 1st shipping will have starter package.. but must use it within the expire date.

if u use posb/dbs card got additional 5% or 10% if not wrong

comgateway: for first time user for the service and to enjoy the welcome package, do i necessary need to use dbs/posb cc? can i use citibank cc but still enjoy the starter package?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.