Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

deejay220989

Reaction score
Hi sifus,

I would like to purchase an item. I have no choice but to use CGW. The dimensions are approx 35x30x25 cm, so the volumetric weight is about 5.25kg. However, CGW Live Quote estimated 6kg.

Based on your experience, should I purchase the Live Quote insurance? 6kg seems like just the volumetric weight for the item, but I believe it should be more than 6kg after including the packaging box.

Please advise :)

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
I mean if live quote looks like a more expensive option to you, then don't use.
I don't remember them saying that it was meant to be a cheaper solution to shipping.

If you use the service (or any service at all) with the key intention of gaming the system, then .. I dunno how to help you

LOL. Never asked u help wat. Cos I never try live quote, only asking somebody if it is too risky. Depending u r heng or sway if merchant packed in bigger box.
I use comgateway & borderlinx many times.
U can ignore my reply.

Last edited:

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
for live quote,

if the actual weight/price is lower than the quoted,

pay the actual or quoted price ?

deejay220989

Reaction score
for live quote,

if the actual weight/price is lower than the quoted,

pay the actual or quoted price ?

AFAIK, if you purchase the insurance and if CGW quoted the shipping cost higher than the Live Quote, you can inform them so that they will charge the price quoted by Live Quote

feist_

Reaction score
U mean live quote wat? Explain?

LOL. Never asked u help wat. Cos I never try live quote, only asking somebody if it is too risky. Depending u r heng or sway if merchant packed in bigger box.
I use comgateway & borderlinx many times.
U can ignore my reply.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Sorry... was trying to help explain.. like you requested.....:(

shingo1

Reaction score
Uclick2buy Celebrates National Day with Singaporeans

20% off all USA to Singapore shipment charges for items shipped in August.

Use Promocode: 20AUG2013 during checkout.
Valid for 1st 100 customers from 1st August to 31st August only.
Not valid with any other existing promotion.

Feel free to chat online or email us for any enquires.

:s12::s12::s12::s12::s12:

reported invalid

lippylee

Reaction score
Is CGW's customer service is closed over the next 4 days due to the public hols? I'd emailed them regarding 2 issues about single shipments being split into multiple packages and haven't heard back yet. :(

For the first issue, a single shipment was split into 2 packages by the merchant and CGW has effectively over declared the total goods value (2x goods value) as both boxes have the total invoice value on them (instead of the single item value). I take it CGW didn't catch that the invoice has 2 package tracking numbers that match the 2 separate boxes (even though these tracking numbers were noted by CGW). I do not want to pay excess import duties especially since the amount is quite significant.

For the 2nd split shipment, the arrival dates were significantly different (about 2 weeks apart), due to a lack of stock for one of the items. I'd purchased a shipping guarantee, but cannot apply it to both boxes using the form linked in the shipping guarantee email.

Hope CGW's cust service team sees this and replies soon! :)

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
Is CGW's customer service is closed over the next 4 days due to the public hols? I'd emailed them regarding 2 issues about single shipments being split into multiple packages and haven't heard back yet. :(

For the first issue, a single shipment was split into 2 packages by the merchant and CGW has effectively over declared the total goods value (2x goods value) as both boxes have the total invoice value on them (instead of the single item value). I take it CGW didn't catch that the invoice has 2 package tracking numbers that match the 2 separate boxes (even though these tracking numbers were noted by CGW). I do not want to pay excess import duties especially since the amount is quite significant.

For the 2nd split shipment, the arrival dates were significantly different (about 2 weeks apart), due to a lack of stock for one of the items. I'd purchased a shipping guarantee, but cannot apply it to both boxes using the form linked in the shipping guarantee email.

Hope CGW's cust service team sees this and replies soon! :)
CGW got hotline one or not ar?

metzalx

Reaction score
Just realised CGW charges to the nearest 0.5kg for EACH package...Got a bit of a shock as the Taobao agent I always use charges to the nearest 0.5kg for your TOTAL shipment weight and I assumed it would be similar. One of my packages only consists of 2 velcro straps and I have to pay 0.5kg worth of shipment for an item weighing 0.05kg...Boo :(

Anyone knows if Vpost (or any other forwarder) charges to nearest 0.5kg for each package too, or do they charge to nearest 0.5kg for total shipment weight?

Last edited:

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just realised CGW charges to the nearest 0.5kg for EACH package...Got a bit of a shock as the Taobao agent I always use charges to the nearest 0.5kg for your TOTAL shipment weight and I assumed it would be similar. One of my packages only consists of 2 velcro straps and I have to pay 0.5kg worth of shipment for an item weighing 0.05kg...Boo :(

Anyone knows if Vpost (or any other forwarder) charges to nearest 0.5kg for each package too, or do they charge to nearest 0.5kg for total shipment weight?

2 reasons why I don't use CGW:

a) CGW rounds up the weight of *each package*. I recommend using Borderlinx instead.
BL rounds up the total shipment weight to the next 0.5kg, rather than per package as CGW does.

If you shipped 6 boxes of 1.1kg to CGW, they'll charge you 9.0kg (1.5 * 6 = 9kg).
The same 6 boxes shipped to BL only comes to 7kg (1.1 * 6 = 6.6 ~ 7kg)

b) You pay *more* for GST though CGW, as they effectively collect 7.35% from you instead.

The main disadvantage of BL, is you need a Citibank CC.

Last edited:

kenzie

Reaction score
Any idea roughly how much is the shipping cost to ship a laptop from US using Borderlinx exclude the 7% gst?

Xgelis

Reaction score
CGW is definitely closed till next Monday. You can try reaching them on FB but seems the same as well.
Their Portland team should still be in biz till end of Friday though.

And btw, Fedex's dimensions are always off.

starsandstripes

Reaction score
hey guys, how much does it cost to ship a pair of jeans? or two for that matter

not sure if buying via ebay/amazon is better, shipping cost on ebay is 26usd. Will this be lower for com gateway?

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

VPOST minimum charge is per package is 0.5kg but does 100gm incremental after that.

Last edited:

Xgelis

Reaction score
hey guys, how much does it cost to ship a pair of jeans? or two for that matter

not sure if buying via ebay/amazon is better, shipping cost on ebay is 26usd. Will this be lower for com gateway?

USD26 direct to Singapore? In this case yes it MAY be cheaper, or not.
It actually depends if the seller offers FREE local US shipping, and also if they want to pack the jeans in a packet/envelope form.
Some do and some won't.
If shipped in a box, you be prepared to pay volume weight.

From my experience, shipping a pants via USPS Priority Flat Rate Envelope = 1.00kg chargeable (physical weight rd up) while in a Priority Flat Rate small-med box is usually 2-2.5kg chargeable (vol weight rd up).

Just do some math and you'll have your answers.
Hope this helps.

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score

CGW is still cheap considering how efficient and trustworthy they are. I've tried a few shipping companies, CGW overall is the best by miles.

I didn't realise how cheap they are until I tried Shipito. I seriously got a shock when i saw how much it'd cost to ship my Shipito packages!!! I only use Shipito to ship stuff like perfumes, which comgateway won't ship because of possible complications. And also when i order beautiful antique stuff which I don't want others to touch. Because comgateway opens the package to get the invoice, whereas Shipito doesn't.

Seriously, CGW is very cheap for the service they provide

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.