Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Comgateway sent me a code which I left it idling and when I just decided to use it, it can't be used.

skywander

Reaction score
Borderlinx disappointed me badly recently. I've been using them for years (quite smoothly most of the time, except for 1 lost package) but this recent experience has turned me off Borderlinx for good.

I bought some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers off Amazon (worth US$100). BL refused to ship it to me (they said it had some magnets or whatever which prohibited shipment by air). After several arguments with customer service, they said I have no choice, either discard it or reship it to another address. Reshipment costs US$20 admin and US$15 shipping. Since my friend was visiting in the States, I said fine, whatever, reship it to my friend's hotel address. Paid and gave them the address on 20th May, they took 4 bloody days to ship it out on 24th May. By the time it reached the address on 27th, my friend had already left the States. -.-

Together with their gradually increasing prices = Last time I ever use Borderlinx.

Last edited:

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ordered bloomingdale's through CGW's buyforme service and they tell me the merchant may have delivered to the wrong address?! Really FML, hope it's not true. Otherwise I would have waited for nothing.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used HopShopGo and chose Standard Shipping.
Realised they using Fedex unlike last time.
If I chose Express Shipping, they will use DHL ?

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Used HopShopGo and chose Standard Shipping.
Realised they using Fedex unlike last time.
If I chose Express Shipping, they will use DHL ?
you have to email customer service and tell them your preferred carrier is DHL and not to ever use fedex.

otherwise they will pick at random.

the only diff btw express/standard shipping is cgw's/hsg's handling time :)

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
~大.芒.果~;86140884 said:
you have to email customer service and tell them your preferred carrier is DHL and not to ever use fedex.

otherwise they will pick at random.

the only diff btw express/standard shipping is cgw's/hsg's handling time :)

OK thanks. Guess it is too late for this shipment.

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any vpost promo code or ccard discount now, pls?

Vpost seems to stinch on promos now?

livingdeath

Reaction score
Borderlinx disappointed me badly recently. I've been using them for years (quite smoothly most of the time, except for 1 lost package) but this recent experience has turned me off Borderlinx for good.

I bought some Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers off Amazon (worth US$100). BL refused to ship it to me (they said it had some magnets or whatever which prohibited shipment by air). After several arguments with customer service, they said I have no choice, either discard it or reship it to another address. Reshipment costs US$20 admin and US$15 shipping. Since my friend was visiting in the States, I said fine, whatever, reship it to my friend's hotel address. Paid and gave them the address on 20th May, they took 4 bloody days to ship it out on 24th May. By the time it reached the address on 27th, my friend had already left the States. -.-

Together with their gradually increasing prices = Last time I ever use Borderlinx.

Personally, I don't think Borderlinx is at fault here because speakers are somewhat difficult to ship into Singapore if you refer to this thread here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...ying-overseas-shipping-info-tips-3726945.html
and
Prohibited items

In any case, their shipping agent is DHL which has their own shipping restrictions which Borderlinx (and other 3rd party forwarders) have to abide by. I think there's always a risk to ship things into Singapore (especially on items that Amazon does not offer International Free Shipping with, e.g. speakers and receivers). That is why I try to use Amazon's Free Shipping directly nowadays - less fees and more straightforward.

As for their shipping speed, I think a week is reasonable for unique cases such as yours. Amazon takes 5-7 days to deliver items to the third party forwarders too (not including the time they take to process the orders).

P.S. I did discard one of my items through Borderlinx before, i.e. my move dual shot controllers for PS3 because it was shaped as a gun -.- But I still use Borderlinx or Comgateway from time to time.

missotah

Reaction score
I wanna buy things from a website that did not state Singapore as the country which the credit card they accept.

I thinking of using paypal. is paypal free?

wendyy

Reaction score
I wanna buy things from a website that did not state Singapore as the country which the credit card they accept.

I thinking of using paypal. is paypal free?

Yes it does, you only requires a valid email address and a valid credit/debit card for the fund to be deducted on. Paypal guarantees 100% protection against unauthorized payments from your account. You do not require to key in your card number, expiry date, security code.

scorpious25

Reaction score
thank you all! i will be trying this CGW!

Well just an update here(on my own questions).
I ended up shipping all my items in 2 separate shipments, total shipping fee came up to USD84 without GST.
If I did combine all of them, they would cost USD 95 with GST inclusive, so well CGW gets more money, IRAS gets nothing :s13:

Also, even with the weird calculations from CGW, I managed to play around the system, and using the rate I see for USD (1.25+/-), guess the safe zone is to keep the shipment+items prices below USD280.

=) Thanks again guys! Using CGW free express (from Amex), waiting for the shipment to come in next Monday. :D

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you all! i will be trying this CGW!

My experience is that its also cheaper to shop two separate shipments rather than pay gst.

Additionally, I think if separating shipments you need ship them one or two days apart cause sg customs might combine the values of both together if they come in together.

wirelesscam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone experience with comgateway?
i saw from comgateway the example. anyone know how does it calculate.

it say DBS Bank Exchange Rate: : 1.4790
is above rate fixed by comgateway or just example?
let say current rate is 1.00 USD = 1.24610 SGD

i understand that the CIF value is inclusive of the shipping fees,

but i dun understand how does the total declared value calculated.

anyone know how does the 10% Fuel charge rate calculated for this cases

Example only (just to understand how its work)
if u have 10 different parcel and want consolidate shipped to you, let say each parcel weight 100g and declared value is US$180 for each parcel,

i believe even 10 parcel total weight 100g x 10 =1kg, but will still be paying as 5kg weight charge, as each additional parcel minimum is @ 500g X 10= 5kg

Does the total declared value based on individual parcel @ US$180 (after CIF less than S$400, which will not incurred 7% GST),
or total declared value in this case, will be 10 parcel X US$180= US$1800 declare value and incurred 7% GST.

Comgate example.
In addition to the delivery charges, GST will be included if your shipment value (CIF value) is above S$400. Example,

Singapore Custom Exchange Rate : 1.494
DBS Bank Exchange Rate: : 1.4790
Total Declared Value : US$200.00
Chargeable Weight: : 11.5 kg
IATA rates provided by DHL for shipments from the U.S : S$9.85

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.