Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

scorpious25

Reaction score
thank you all! i will be trying this CGW!

Well just an update here(on my own questions).
I ended up shipping all my items in 2 separate shipments, total shipping fee came up to USD84 without GST.
If I did combine all of them, they would cost USD 95 with GST inclusive, so well CGW gets more money, IRAS gets nothing :s13:

Also, even with the weird calculations from CGW, I managed to play around the system, and using the rate I see for USD (1.25+/-), guess the safe zone is to keep the shipment+items prices below USD280.

=) Thanks again guys! Using CGW free express (from Amex), waiting for the shipment to come in next Monday. :D

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you all! i will be trying this CGW!

My experience is that its also cheaper to shop two separate shipments rather than pay gst.

Additionally, I think if separating shipments you need ship them one or two days apart cause sg customs might combine the values of both together if they come in together.

wirelesscam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone experience with comgateway?
i saw from comgateway the example. anyone know how does it calculate.

it say DBS Bank Exchange Rate: : 1.4790
is above rate fixed by comgateway or just example?
let say current rate is 1.00 USD = 1.24610 SGD

i understand that the CIF value is inclusive of the shipping fees,

but i dun understand how does the total declared value calculated.

anyone know how does the 10% Fuel charge rate calculated for this cases

Example only (just to understand how its work)
if u have 10 different parcel and want consolidate shipped to you, let say each parcel weight 100g and declared value is US$180 for each parcel,

i believe even 10 parcel total weight 100g x 10 =1kg, but will still be paying as 5kg weight charge, as each additional parcel minimum is @ 500g X 10= 5kg

Does the total declared value based on individual parcel @ US$180 (after CIF less than S$400, which will not incurred 7% GST),
or total declared value in this case, will be 10 parcel X US$180= US$1800 declare value and incurred 7% GST.

Comgate example.
In addition to the delivery charges, GST will be included if your shipment value (CIF value) is above S$400. Example,

Singapore Custom Exchange Rate : 1.494
DBS Bank Exchange Rate: : 1.4790
Total Declared Value : US$200.00
Chargeable Weight: : 11.5 kg
IATA rates provided by DHL for shipments from the U.S : S$9.85

Last edited:

jupiter12

Reaction score
Anyone know whether we can still ship external battery such as Anker one through borderlinx,comgateway or vpost?

sk0065

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vpost 25%
RPT5GXP

see who need then use la
i just got their email. thus SIC

also, use stan chart singpost CC, got free Vcare.

Beateratorrr

Reaction score
Anyone bought items from Nike UK before using vPost?

I'm planning to buy a pair of kicks but Im not sure if it works because they dont accept Singapore credit cards.

First time using PayPal and vPost so some advice is needed here~

wendyy

Reaction score
If I buy from amazon total weight 0.15kg use which one is better~?

Based on experience, Amazon like to shipped in big boxes (i ever have a packaged contained ONLY a drumsticks weigh 0.9kg and volumetric is 3.4KG). Thus have to pay more due to the Volumetric weight thus the repacking option are available to save cost

Based Charges :
Vpost - SGD13.40 and Every 0.1kg 0.72 (Weight Charge) + Every 0.1kg 0.19 (Fuel Charge)
CGW - US11 (0.5kg) and Every 0.5kg 2.85, Fuel Charge is 10% of international shipping

Repacking Charges :
Vpost - SGD12
CGW - US$3 for box transferred to bag option (Prime) or US$5 for box transferred to bag option (Non Prime)

Only use VPOST when there's discount code otherwise CGW is my preferred choice as they engaged with Fedex/DHL

Last edited:

feist_

Reaction score
20% off HopshopGo with PPSECURE2014!
Just saw on retailmenot.. tried it..and it's legit! :s12:

VacheronLim

Reaction score
I need some recommendations here, as my sister lives in USA but she doesn't have commercial shipping account, and using USPS is a non-option (they're as good as Singpost).

Can she ship the items to any of these companies, so they can take care of the international shipping? Which company offers the best rate for such? There won't be a need to repack the items, as she'll ship all the items in one package.

From USA to Singapore please.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
I need some recommendations here, as my sister lives in USA but she doesn't have commercial shipping account, and using USPS is a non-option (they're as good as Singpost).

Can she ship the items to any of these companies, so they can take care of the international shipping? Which company offers the best rate for such? There won't be a need to repack the items, as she'll ship all the items in one package.

From USA to Singapore please.

You create an account with CGW/HopShopGo etc. Then give your sister the address to ship to.

She ships to them, you get notified, you log on and order the shipment to SG (you).

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the people at cgw/hsg were great...they helped me transfer my package to my HSG account because there was no coupon for CGW

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mainly 20% savings and free upgrade to express...now dbs no promo with cgw...no free upgrade there...

Evangion

Reaction score
Alamak, just saw this. Paid about USD65 to ship my items out of CGW. SIANMAX.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.