Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
is there a service provider that can facilitate shipping between hong kong & singapore?

looking to buy stuff from bossini webstore, which does offer int'l shipping [US$20], but checking to see if there is a cheaper alternative

cwen00

Reaction score
Beware comgateway Buy-For-Me

Warning to all to always put discounted price of your items in the buyforme forms.

Based on the answers to my queries directly to vendor and from CGW chats. I think they are trying to make me pay more and keep the difference because I did not do so and naively thought that it would be easier to put item list price.

CGW claims that they ordered normally and did not get the discount at checkout. They decline to show me any pdf proof of order confirmation/invoice. Only cut and paste some image with the item full price and try to pass that off to me. Vendor has replied that all applicable discounts will be given automatically.

ouchie_85

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies for not going through the long thread.

What would be the best recommended provider for the US delivery address?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

ouchie_85

Reaction score
Read through... Seems like Hopshopgo and CGW are the main ones.. What are the major differences between the two.. reliability wise?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read through... Seems like Hopshopgo and CGW are the main ones.. What are the major differences between the two.. reliability wise?

They are identical. HSG is CGW rebranded, accepts PayPal only, and has a 10% discount.

I use HSG.

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice 65daigou offer US shipping as well? And they are cheaper too.. just that u need to self collect..

velato2006

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wanna ask, I managed to auction out a used macbook on ebay for US$172, but the seller is from USA. So my only option is to use comgateway.

Well, the package has already arrived on comgateway , i've already declared the amount and ship to SG liao. My question is, because I forget to ask the seller to include a receipt or invoice, I dont know if he has included one a not. How will the customs check ar if its really below $400 if lets say he didnt include an invoice?? I scared my package kena tahan sia coz its a macbook and they will think i under-declared it.

Last edited:

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Wanna ask, I managed to auction out a used macbook on ebay for US$172, but the seller is from USA. So my only option is to use comgateway.

Well, the package has already arrived on comgateway , i've already declared the amount and ship to SG liao. My question is, because I forget to ask the seller to include a receipt or invoice, I dont know if he has included one a not. How will the customs check ar if its really below $400 if lets say he didnt include an invoice?? I scared my package kena tahan sia coz its a macbook and they will think i under-declared it.

Just declare it at that value when you ship from CGW. If customs ask, you can always show your ebay page for verification. I doubt they will match the mbp to the price though.

velato2006

Banned
Reaction score
Just declare it at that value when you ship from CGW. If customs ask, you can always show your ebay page for verification. I doubt they will match the mbp to the price though.

Who knows, maybe they will be so anal..:s22::s22:
Hopefully they let it pass though, i can show ebay receipt for verification, but very mafan need to come down just to show them and collect my item.

Saladz

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently i encountered many issues with CGW.

First issue

Delayed shipment. Refused to upgrade my shipment to express to deal with the delay caused by them.

Second issue

Part of my item is lost after repacking.

Third issue

I ship in both CGW and HSG account. My HSG account only needed 1 more shipment to qualify for Prime but i used CGW instead because of the delay mentioned earlier. I did not want further delay by changing it.

When i asked Billy to add my one shipment count with CGW into HSG account (as it needs 1 more shipment to be qualified for Prime), he refused to do so.

The first reason he given is it is their policy. Then i ask where does it expressly says so, he is unable to explain and kept saying the decision stands and that he has given explanation even though that explanation is "it is their policy".

Fine, then i ask why allow customers to change packages from HSG to CGW and vice versa as this will implies to customers that they can make any 3 shipments with both platforms and still qualify for Prime, he is unable to explain.

Then i said, HSG is essentially CGW as it is operated under CGW, then he said they are different entities etc etc so have different policies.

Then i finally found a proof: Exclusively for PayPal Customers | HopShopGo Home.

On HSG website, it says:

"Every 3 international shipments that you make with comGateway entitles you to enjoy automatic Prime status for 6 months."

Wow, does this not mean if HSG customer uses CGW to make shipment, the shipment will be counted? If not, they should have written HopShopGo instead of comGateway.

He then replied, "HopShopGo can also be called as CGW". Isn't this inconsistent with his previous statement saying they are different entities?

So even after showing this proof, he is unable to explain and just kept saying decision will not change, explanation given.

So your staff is trained to annoy customers by relying on technicalities. By right, i should be offered something as goodwill for the delay and the loss of part of my item. Instead, they decide to annoy their customers. I guess your customers database has grown too big that you can act cocky with customers.

I hope you are not Billy by the way. I want an impartial staff with higher rank to deal with this. I decide to publish here because i would like to see how CGW deals with this farce - to help their members to cover up by giving the same damn policy reply or to act impartially by rectifying the mistake made by Billy.

TD;LR

CGW is not really that great, their staffs are trained to deny what you are entitled to, even if you are a frequent customer with years of history with them.

Time to find another freight forwarder, guys.

Last edited:

Saladz

Reaction score
We note that you are already in email contact with us, and the first two issues have already been resolved!

To clarify, while we provide Express Service to most countries (including Singapore), this is not possible for some countries (such as China), due to the additional time required for the Customs Clearance process.

Also, HopShopGo and comGateway are two separate products. While we can transfer packages manually between products, this is usually only done in the event that the online store has shipped your item to the wrong account. Rewards (similar to credit card account rewards) once issued, are not transferable due to technical limitations (and not policy issues). We apologize that you found the information previously communicated to you confusing, and have provided guidance to our team to avoid recurrence of the issue.

Thank you for highlighting the error on our website, and it has since been rectified. We apologize for the confusion caused. If you have further questions related to your account, please let us know via PM/email.
CGW made an error, which means CGW ought to uphold whatever statements there were before the error was rectified because the shipment was made during the existence of the previous statements which was binding on CGW.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.