Want to study overseas

FadedBoy

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2015
Messages
759
Reaction score
26
Not really. Pampered and spoilt kids from the upper class who have maids and mothers to do everything for them while the only job they have, is to study.

Interestingly, book smart but not street smart. Does not know what is OZ, didn't bother to google it up too šŸ˜…
 

matchinox2

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
must be ang moh country ?

TS is a girl ?

best to go marry someone there (Oz/UK/Us/Canada), easiest way to get PR.

no joke. the study route is too uncertain with recession news going around.

and you don't really have a career in mind, but u just "want to migrate"

:(

I’m a girl
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
I am interested to know if this VJC girl just wishes to migrate out, does it really matter what discipline she study? By studying medicine, does it give her any added advantage?

Depends...
U.K. or Ireland maybe not really
USA or Canada - can she make it?
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
I’m middle class

Middle class today has budget of 100k a year?
I am poor

Stats... Medium earning a family ~$10k/mth.
https://blog.seedly.sg/average-singaporean-household-income-stand/

TS: this thread didn’t feel like u asking any genuine qns but more EDMW.
 
Last edited:

matchinox2

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Middle class today has budget of 100k a year?
I am poor

Stats... Medium earning a family ~$10k/mth.
https://blog.seedly.sg/average-singaporean-household-income-stand/

TS: this thread didn’t feel like u asking any genuine qns but more EDMW.

They have saved up close to one million in my study savings bank.
 

matchinox2

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Middle class today has budget of 100k a year?
I am poor

Stats... Medium earning a family ~$10k/mth.
https://blog.seedly.sg/average-singaporean-household-income-stand/

TS: this thread didn’t feel like u asking any genuine qns but more EDMW.

I searched up what’s EDMW and it’s eat drink man woman what does that even mean HAHA
 

matchinox2

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
must be ang moh country ?

TS is a girl ?

best to go marry someone there (Oz/UK/Us/Canada), easiest way to get PR.

no joke. the study route is too uncertain with recession news going around.

and you don't really have a career in mind, but u just "want to migrate"

:(

My career in mind is doctor, which countries would you recommend to get a master’s in medicine? I take biology, econs, math, chemistry, English gp and a few electives and doing decently
 

matchinox2

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
0

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
29,632
Reaction score
3,484
I looked through, there are indeed English programmes but my senior who went to study in a European country had mentioned that it’s essential to Be fluent in their native language to survive on a day to day basis and for future job opportunities there

Eh, after studying there for say 3 years, you don't think you'll be fluent in Dutch?

These days, there is little chance that you will meet anyone in Belgium who does not speak English :s8:
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Ireland is predominantly English speaking right?

Staying in Ireland after med school??
Hard loh... one of the cheaper and easier option.. pretty open to foreigner to their med program

If parents save close to a million go with the usd500k green card route. After that u can study in any medical school in USA.
 
Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
I looked through, there are indeed English programmes but my senior who went to study in a European country had mentioned that it’s essential to Be fluent in their native language to survive on a day to day basis and for future job opportunities there

Medicine or pre med??? Did u read the below?
https://med.kuleuven.be/eng/internationalisation/intmed


Didn’t look hard to stay but u wanna read more.
https://flagtheory.com/belgium-passport/
 

matchinox2

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
PLEASE HELP!! LOOKING TO STUDY IN THE US

Hi there! I'm a JC1 student from VJC. I'm looking to study in the US and hoping to permanently settle either in the US or Canada. I'm most probably looking to get a degree in business or medicine. I currently take the following subjects:
- H2 math
- H2 economics
- H2 biology
- H1 history
- Project Work
- General Paper

I'm aware that to gain admission to US universities, good extracurricular records are as important as your grades. However, I'm lacking in this aspect. My CCA records are mediocre: 4 years of library club in primary school, 4 years of band in secondary school and currently in JC, I'm in the Interact Club (volunteering club) and trying for Student Council (awaiting results). I have never held leadership positions in the entire span of my education. However, I'm trying for the position of Student Councillor, as mentioned.

I'm willing to take the SAT at the end of this year. I have prepared quite sufficiently for it (I've been studying for it since the end of secondary 3). My predicted SAT score is 1570/1600. I think that's pretty decent but I'd like to work on it and bring it up to 1600. I haven't gone for SAT prep classes and I really have just been studying on my own.

I'd love to study in the US, considering the wide range of opportunities there. However, I'm presently really lacking in the leadership and extracurricular aspects. I've also never done an internship in my life. I'm really worried that my efforts in writing numerous personal essays and gathering multiple recommendations will go to waste if all the US universities reject my application due to my lacklustre extracurricular profile.

I still have about a year-ish to do something about this, though I may be a little too late. What do you suggest I do? Where are good places for me to volunteer and do internships? I'm really worried!!! Please give whatever suggestions you've got.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but the universities I want to apply to are Brown University, UCLA, the University of Texas at Austin, Rice University and Cornell University.

I do have a backup plan if I don't get into any of the US universities I apply to. I'm applying to UK universities, namely, Cambridge University, University College London and Imperial College. I'm also applying to the University of Toronto as well as the University of Auckland.

Side note: Finances aren't an issue at all so please don't comment on that. I'd like to get valuable advice on what I can do to increase my chances of getting into a reputed US university. Please help and give valuable input in whatever way you can!!! Thank you so much!
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Once again medicine is graduate school. Please complete your pre med degree and apply. Read the below
https://students-residents.aamc.org...ool/article/applying-international-applicant/

Business degree don’t qualify for STEM extension rules
https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students-determining-stem-opt-extension-eligibility

U want to settle in USA or Canada but only willing try USA uni and U.K. uni? With a Canadian and NZ?
How are you planning to get the 1200 pts?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
If u really can do so well sure aim for 1.
https://www.macleans.ca/education/best-universities-for-business-in-canada-2018-ranking/

UCLA no business degree!!! Did u even search what the uni offer?
Rice only does minor in business.
Austin on the other hand has low international admission rates. Only ~2% of the bschool intake are international
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-overall
https://www.forbes.com/sites/poetsandquants/2018/12/13/the-best-undergraduate-business-schools/
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top